• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Peyton Manning would make our team score way points, he'd be the new QB and coach all in one.

That was some mean coaching coming out of a bye at home. We had them right where we wanted them!! Skol

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

I'm looking forward to another week of stupidity from Leslie Frazier. I used to like him as an individual and the jury was still out on him as a coach. After the last week of Nonsense about Ponder still being the starter when everyone new it would be cassel and then today's performance, I am starting dislike him as much as Childress.

Bright side is that I am not rushing home from the woods this year to see the Vikings.

That was the worst Viking game for many moons. To have two weeks to get a game plan and ready up this bunch , and show up like that is unforgivable. This group will not play for Frazier so hire a Grant type coach who will scare them into playing. I think we all over rate what talent we have though. Allen, Williams and maybe Greenway seem to be done. Never heard Allens name the whole game. Cook is a never was as is Guion. So that shows why we can't stop anyone. On the attack side after Peterson who do we have that can be called a star? Maybe Jennings and the left tackle. They need a big time revamping from Speilman on down.

AAARRRGGG! Our ship is sinking! I look up to Oden and ask: "Where is the love boat? We could use it". And he says "They scrapped that to" AAARRRGGG!

I never thought I'd say this... I can't wait until Freeman starts. At least it'll be a bit more entertaining.

I don't see us winning much due to the other massive issues that have been discussed in this thread. But at least freeman has SOME potential.

I'm very thankful I didn't take any tickets to the vikes for this year, everyone was so optimistic, now they're trying to give away the rest of the season tickets. What's new really, we're a mess and really have blown it not being in the mix to connect on Peyton or Drew at least attempting it. If we're going to ground and pound we better have a D that can keep it close so we can. Leslie's time is up meaning look at Andy Reid in KC, it can happen quickly with a decent schedule and scheme. These teams aren't all that far apart in a way.

SO painfully obvious the coaching staff is overmatched. Our schemes on BOTH offense and defense are so predictable the other team knows what we are running before we run it. Muskgrave and Fraziers inability to even put Patterson on the field much less get him the ball is baffling. Our cover 2 defense doesnt stop ANYTHING. This team gives up 35 points EVERY SINGLE WEEK. We need new coaches that can actually think a little bit instead of sticking with the status quo every single game despite the personnel . I know what Leslie will say- "we need to look at the tape. we need to get better. these are correctable mistakes." Dohkay Leslie. I really dont know what else to say other then when do we start the 2014 vikings draft thread???

Honestly guys, Cassels numbers arent all that bad. He has played 2 games, and averaged about 250 yards per game, and averaged 1 turnover per game. His downfall has always been his wild side. I think the issue is the OC more then the QB. Like others have said, Peyton Manning could come here, and it wouldnt matter. When the majority off your pass plays are for under 5 yards, you arent going to extend the field much. He has a decent completion rating 48-69, his qb rating is above average at 92. I think Cassel should start next week. It isnt like putting Freeman off another week will hurt the team, and it will only help Freeman to memorize the sophisticated play book of the Vikings.

and it will only help Freeman to memorize the sophisticated play book of the Vikings.

your not serious are you? The vikes have 3 plays, AP up the middle, qb rollout (usually to the opposite way so the QB has to throw across his body) and then punt formation.

hehe

Hahahhahaha, sophisticated playbook? The play card is the size of a drivers license, other teams have huge ones and multiple pages.

My Mom has a recipe card for boiling water that is more sophisticated than Muskrat's play card!

Good Luck!

Ken

It was sarcasm guys. I forgot the smiley crazy

I am pretty sure Freeman came here and laughed at our play book, but I was serious about Cassel should be given the next start. He hasnt played as horrible as you guys lead on, and he has played much better then Ponder has.

It doesn't matter who starts, if Musgrave is still calling the plays they will go nowhere. They don't give there qb's a chance to succeed, heck they don't even let them audible to a different play when they see something.

With that said we know what we have in Cassel, might as well give Freeman a shot and see what he can do.

All I can say is that is one pathetic excuse for a coaching staff. The next time Frazier says they are correctable mistakes, I will be thinking yes, you are right, hiring this staff IS a correctable mistake.

I dont know why the coordinators arent taking more heat in the media. They deserve to be.

Why do I get the feeling the Giants are going to destroy the Vikes next Monday and Eli will have his best game of the year......

Why do I get the feeling the Giants are going to destroy the Vikes next Monday and Eli will have his best game of the year......

What EVER would give you that idea? it will be fitting to give the hapless giants their first victory of the season.... But just wait, at the end of the year we will win a couple meaningless games to ruin any chance at a GOOD qb.

Hystory repeats itself all the time with the vikings. We gave Carolina their first and only win of the season a few years ago.

Hahahhahaha, sophisticated playbook? The play card is the size of a drivers license, other teams have huge ones and multiple pages.

ESPN was making fun of Musgrave's play card tonight on the pregame show during the C'mon Man segment. They might replay it during halftime which is coming up in a few minutes.

grin

Quote:

The Vikings announced Josh Freeman will start Monday night's Week 7 game against the Giants.

The plan all along was for the Vikings to settle on a starter by Wednesday so that whoever it ended up being could gain some chemistry with the first-team offense during the practice week. It would have been a major surprise had Freeman not been named the starter. Christian Ponder will be the No. 2, while Matt Cassel will be inactive or possibly even released. Freeman will be a QB2 this week. His insertion into the lineup is a boost to everyone on offense

The line about releasing Cassel kinda has me perplexed a bit. I really dont understand the reasoning there if that were to happen. Ponder has been injured the last two seasons and if something were to happen to Freeman that leaves Ponder. Whooopsidaisy, the only option? Certainly dont want a Webb trial again.

That's Spielman not being able to admit he blundered royally by reaching for Ponder in the 1st round. They will say they always had Ponder ranked higher than Cassel, and if it wasnt for Freeman, Ponder would again be their starter.

If they release him they still have to pay his salary for the year as he made the opening day roster. Better off trading him. He does have a little more value the Ponder.

Good Luck!

Ken

Blunder was a panic pick, they got noid when all the other QB's we wanted went off the board, most of us didn't even know who Blunder was and we take him early in the 1st lol. Hard to say if that's what Spielman wanted because he wasn't in total control that draft, the last 2 drafts he has in complete control of and they have been pretty good, except for the fact the coaching staff is to stupid to get the players on the field.

The line about releasing Cassel kinda has me perplexed a bit. I really dont understand the reasoning there if that were to happen.

I dont understand the logic in that either, if so then why did we get rid of McLeod Bethel-Thompson?

Fraiser said in the press conference that they would be "sliming down the playbook" for Monday nights game. Hmmmmm.......does that mean that Musgrave's playcall sheet will be a Post It instead of a 5X7 card he had last week? Musgrave's offense is so vanilla a 9 year old could learn the entire thing in about 2 hours time.

Run, run, pass, punt. Freeman could probably write that on his hand and Musgrave could do away with the card.

That's his signature series... another he is awefully proud of is:

run, run, pass across your body - int. - tackle, slink off the field.

Then his series he is most proud of... long run, short run, inc pass 54 yrd F.G.

I heard they were installing a kitty litter box on the side lines and filling it with sand so he can draw them up there vs. carrying such a cumerson play card. laugh

Good Luck!

Ken