• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

I get it now. You dont realize this, I may be slow, but at least I'm stupid!

No foul... Just like when they picked up the flag on Allen.

Good Luck!

Ken

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

Not sure if you were replying to me or not but I said Smith and Rhodes are studs. I agree the jury is still out on Cole.

Of course the jury is still out on Cole...he's only played two games. You sure can tell the difference between a player with insticts and one who has none though.

Cole "looks" the part much more than Henderson ever has...

I actually believe Mauti is the best MLB we have on our team.

Of course the jury is still out on Cole...he's only played two games. You sure can tell the difference between a player with insticts and one who has none though.

Cole "looks" the part much more than Henderson ever has...

I actually believe Mauti is the best MLB we have on our team.

So if the jury is still out on Cole, how can you say Mauti is the best?

It's my opinion that he's the best....that's all. Mauti would have been a 2nd round draft pick had he not hurt his knee again in his senior year.

He's a true, instinctive, smash your face in MLB that just can't seem to stay healthy. He was going to get the start last weekend but was again, knicked up a little. That's why Cole got his shot.

I like both Cole and Mauti...it's too bad we've all had to watch Henderson suck it up all year long.

If I remember correctly, Cole was drafted and Henderson was not. Hendersons' strong suit has been pass coverage, not tackling. Cole punishing tackler, needs to develop coverage skills although he should blitz the ball on every play. What did the Vikes get for Harvin? I think the MVP would demand much more in trade value. Spielman along with Studwell in the draft room are not the problems with this team. Both on field and off field problems are all on Mr. Frazier. Too bad for him- he is a good guy just like Dungy. Dungy won it all because of a top QB, with the rest of those players being very solid.

I wouldn't mind seeing Cole as the Sam backer. His blitzing has looked good and his pursuit isn't bad either. I like what I see but I see him playing a better Sam than Mike. I don't think he has the skills and knowledge to read an NFL offense, I could be wrong, there isn't much of a viewing window to judge him that well. Our D is still pretty friggin soft though as he's been out there....

He would more than likely be an upgrade over Greenway too. Not a fan of ANY of our starting LB's the past 3 years.

Plug in Audie...which they have. Give Hodges a shot too...he's the best athlete and cover LB on the squad. I can safely say that because those were his strong points coming out of college...none of our current LB'ers can cover to save their a$$.

I want to see Hodges and Mauti too. Greenway I think is effective, but he gets exposed a lot. I think Cole will probably get lit up when trying to execute pass coverage, maybe not. The one thing you cannot deny is the guy has a nose for the ball. Should have had a pick six last week, had two in one game (granted preseason) last year, he makes plays.

Thats more big plays in two weeks then Hendersons career.

I have to wonder though, did Henderson go on his drinking binge because he was demoted (as in told by Frazier they were going to play Cole) OR ???

Henderson starting at Will, why is this guy doing anything other than running down a kickoff that's downed for a touchback?

It was the teams plan all along to keep Frazier and start Henderson at MLB so we'd have such a lousy record we could get the best MLB in the draft this year.

Sweet material GURU, that's surely something I wish I could come up with. This D is the real joke. We need a huge overhaul. There's 4-5 decent guys, everybody else stinks or stinks 80% of the time. It's either the talent pool is that shallow or the coaching is terrible, could be both...

Priceless. After today I hope I never have to see Ponder in Vikings uniform ever again.

Refs really have it in for MN. Some really bad calls out there today. Glad to see we pulled it out in the end though. Dont want to lose that draft position, especially with the help we are getting. Should hopefully be able to lose out.

Priceless. After today I hope I never have to see Ponder in Vikings uniform ever again.

Refs really have it in for MN. Some really bad calls out there today. Glad to see we pulled it out in the end though. Dont want to lose that draft position, especially with the help we are getting. Should hopefully be able to lose out.

I agree refs seem to blow alot of cut and dry calls . Im betting 99.99 percent of people poled say gerhart was down before ball came out remaining .1 percent Ravens fans .Vikings will blow a draft anyway because the real issue is they cant develope players and get rid or cut them before the can develope any chemistry as a team apperantly all other nfl teams just draft the best players that don't need training . Fact is the've scored points and should have a differant win/lose ratio. In direct relation to a run run pas punt skeem and bonehead moves on the side lines that coupled .games shoouldnt be decided by bad calls and sketchy official play. Calls like that fumble ..ruin it for me

That was one of the most entertaining games in the last couple minutes I have watched in a while. Had I really cared about them winning I would have been [PoorWordUsage] but that back and forth was fun since this season is sunk. Patterson is clearly making a statement with getting more opportunities.

Hopefully petersons injury isn't too bad regardless he should be shut down the rest of the year.

Yeah the refs were told which way this one would end. No surprise here pro sports have been running more in line with the WWE for years. Entertaining game though.

Fun game to watch knowing going into it the Vikings would lose. I wish it would have kept snowing. My garage was warm, the beer was cold, the food was yummy, and the guys had a heck of a time cracking jokes.

I'm not the kind of guy that bashes refs but I have to ask.............are these the real NFL refs or are the replacements back? Good Lord.

Vikings games are so much more fun to watch when your not cheering for them to win. When it seems like they are going to win you just say to yourself "yeah right these guys choke every time" and sure enough they do.

Can you imagine how painful of a season this would have been if your were hoping for them to win every game? I can't wait for a new coaching staff and nice draft pick.

Hester I agree 100%, but it may have taken him a while to grow as a player, but he is certainly fun to watch now.

He definitely reminds me of when Harvin would touch the ball. Every play could be electric. Two different players, not annointing Patterson yet, but he does have some skills.

Vikings games are so much more fun to watch when your not cheering for them to win. When it seems like they are going to win you just say to yourself "yeah right these guys choke every time" and sure enough they do.

Can you imagine how painful of a season this would have been if your were hoping for them to win every game? I can't wait for a new coaching staff and nice draft pick.

I was telling my wife the same thing last week. I can just watch the game and enjoy it for what it is. Its almost more fun to see the new and innovative ways they'll find to choke in the final minutes.

Rank Vikes' needs in order from most important to least important:

Head Coach

Offensive Coordinator

Defensive Coordinator

QB

CB

S

OLB

Yes, I know that (sadly) there are even more holes than that, but those seem to me to be the most pressing. Ready...GO!

Wouldnt it be easier to just list the thing the Vikings DONT need?

Placekicker, Punter, and kickoff returner are the only areas we dont need to fill.

Here is my list in order:

Defensive Coordinator (worst defense in the leauge puts him at the top of the list)

QB (need stability, keep Cassel as a potential back up or short term starter while you groom a rookie, get rid of the rest)

Offensive Coordinator (not sure if QB sucks because of coordinator or if coordinator sucks because of QB, play it safe and get rid of both)

Head Coach (guilt by association)

Secondary (CB/S)

LB

DL

OL

That should just about cover it I think. I'm satisfied with WR, TE, RB, and the kickers for now.

D coord.

O coord.

(both are terrible!)

QB

CB (You have one Safety spot filled w Smith, need CBs badly)

LB(s)

DL

then head coach (for whatever reason... not in the locker room to see why, but this team has not given up trying to win for him... I think there are better options, but I think you need better coord. first)