• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

Gruden, Gruden, Gruden, Gruden. Jon Gruden. Aka Chucky. Do whatever it takes. We need a guy like that to follow up this show.

Sadly I think he likes his current job too much.

I doubt they could land John...BUT, his brother Jay would have to right at the top of the list for me.

I'd love to see either of the Grudens coaching Johnny Football in Purple!!

I concur it's time to end the Leslie experiment, his strength is defense yet we'll set a Viking record for most points given up by a vikes team in a season. How he couldn't fight for giving Antoine Winfield a 1 year deal says a lot to me, not that he's saving our season but for helping the young D-backs and teaching them some about tackling and being a pro's pro.

Yeah and throwing it up right in the middle of traffic like that is going to transition into the pro game? Farve would dump it off to a RB that would roll off a block not make a stupid throw into quadruple coverage. That's a one way ticket to the pine in the bigs. Am I the only one that sees that?

it was a great play (and also lucky) but its probably more important to note that the excitement over that play was short-lived if I remember correctly the drive ended with Manziel turning it over in the end zone. Alabama scored on its next possession to take the lead.

People can hate all they want on Manziel, no other quarterback has put up numbers like he has against Alabama and no one will do so again anytime soon (although I wish someone would)

People can hate all they want on Manziel, no other quarterback has put up numbers like he has against Alabama and no one will do so again anytime soon (although I wish someone would)

Wow, I am glad that translates to a successful career in the NFL, oops I meant CFL.

Wow, I am glad that translates to a successful career in the NFL, oops I meant CFL.

Where did I say it would? He has proven he can put up numbers against the best team in the country 2 years in row? What bigger challenge could he face to prove he can play? Its not his fault he cant suit up on Sundays.....yet.

You didn't but most people (a lot on here) think that those types of plays and the yards he accumulates scrambling will be there in the pros. One thing that will never ever change is the speed of the pro game is much faster. The sidelines will also be "closer" no there wont be a change in dimensions but the hash marks are closer together so his scrambling ability wont be as "dramatic" as in college. LBs are much better, D-ends are much better, coverage is much much better, coaching (except on the vikes) is much better. The stop routes will have a LB underneath, the ends will contain, and Mr Football will be a doe caught in a cage of predators. I'd love to see him try that little arched back move against the big boys. If he has any career with success at all it will be very short lived.

How far did he throw it off his back foot?

The kid has an arm and he takes chances. Neither of which the Vikings have right now.

TAKE A KNEE FOR JOHN-NY!

The Dr. Is right, you obviously don't throw the ball there.

And that's where you're both wrong.

3rd down and 8. Too long for a FG if he just takes the sack and a punt would most likely put the other team right where the guy caught it had they intercepted it anyway (at the 20). Containment broke down and he kept the drive alive.

It's that type of play that the Vikings need. Not a mute who is afraid of his own shadow.

How far did he throw it off his back foot?

The kid has an arm and he takes chances. Neither of which the Vikings have right now.

TAKE A KNEE FOR JOHN-NY!

So its official. LMT is claiming the Manziel will be a Franchise QB. I am going to add this to my footer so we can refer back to it in 3 or 4 years.

I was going to ask what the game situation was during that play as it obvious impacts how the play is judged. If that throw was made on 1st and 10 it is a totally different play then if it was made on 3rd or 4th down.

Also I counted it as maybe a 35-40 yard throw. Impressive arm considering it was thrown off his back foot while he's falling backwards.

For me its not is arm or play making ability that I question. Its his ego and attitude. I think he has some of the intangables to be a very good NFL QB, I'm just not convinced that he won't get in his own way during the process. When everything is considered I think Johnny is a toss up, I can see him becoming a Bret Favre type guy who just finds a way to win and I can also see him turning into a bust and flaming out due to being immature and not being able to handle being in the spotlight.

And that's where you're both wrong.

3rd down and 8. Too long for a FG if he just takes the sack and a punt would most likely put the other team right where the guy caught it had they intercepted it anyway (at the 20). Containment broke down and he kept the drive alive.

It's that type of play that the Vikings need. Not a mute that is afraid of his own shadow.

Ok LMIT, and I suppose he also knew that if it was intercepted there was no risk of it being returned for 6. I am sure that's what him and his coach drew up. " Just throw it up there Johnny Boy, it doesn't even matter, especially since its 3rd down and we have a long 8 yrds left. Don't take the sack, we have no chance to pin them deep on a punt, they wont get good field position."

LMIT, do you really believe your own words there man? I hear you on the Ponder-shadow comment but everything before that is flat ridiculous. Nobody plays to give the ball away like that. I bet even your precious Johnny would admit that was stupid and he was very lucky.

Never said the play wasn't lucky, but sometimes you need a little to win games. The only way you can find out is to take chances.

Hand off left, hand off right, 3yd toss to Rudolph and then punt will get you nowhere but you seem completely fine with that. Alright then, have fun with more 2-8 records in the future.

Go figure that'd be your comeback. Im glad luck surpasses skill in the real world. Your justification of his decision to throw that up shows you don't know football. I hope it was just a joke to rile a few of us up.

So which is it? Franchise or not?

How could anyone possibly know that? Even the best talent scouts cannot make a claim like that.

I am with Zepman. I hope we draft Manziel simply for the entertainment value. I do, however, believe he will be a good NFL QB.

The way he sniffs his jock he must know. Was there any question about Luck? If the talent is there it shouldn't be too complicated.

It's not about looking into a crystal ball, it's about making a definite statement about what YOU think will happen. The great Denny Green said it the best, "the great thing about America is that you can state your opinion, the other great thing is that you don't have to listen to everybody's opinion" or something like that. The Captain has been trying to get LMIT to make a statement about what his opinion on Manziel at the pro level. LMIT has been more afraid of his own shadow than Ponder.

LMIT:

Your opinion

True or False: Johnny Manziel will be an impact player (positive) in his first season.

True or False: Johnny Manziel will be a top 5 QB in the NFL someday. (Not just on 1 day)

True or False: If I were an NFL executive I would make Johnny Manziel my franchise QB.

That is all.