• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Only 1 went last year. And the jury is still out on him and on 3 from the year before-even RG 3, the only one Id want is Luck. So in 2 years there has been 5 QBs drafted in round 1, now theres 5 in this one years draft class? Sounds like a definite stretch. You obviously can not judge talent.

My bad, not the last 2 yrs but the 2011 and the 2012 draft had 4 QB's in the first round.

What does any of that have to do with me judging talent lol? I never said 5 QB's would be drafted in the first round I was just commenting because you think it could never happen even though 2 out of the past 3 drafts 4 QB's were taken in the 1st round so 5 would not be impossible.

It's all pointless dribble until we know what pick we have and who's available, alot changes from now to then.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please tell me again, is it delusional or dillusional?

Good grief...

and to think the self proclaimed objective armchair qb isn't being objective?

Have you watched any of the games? How many came down to essentially the defense making a stop to win the game? I forget did the giants even punt once? The offense has scored enough points to win pretty much every game this year the defense just cannot make any stops. They almost blew it again last night on the same dam play the bears and browns beat us.

Don't get me wrong the offense isn't going to compete with Denver but they are more than capable of scoring points even with all of the issues they have with o line qb etc.

Yet another pointless win against the Redskins that only makes our draft position worse. At least Peterson didn't get hurt in this one.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Throw a game so we get a better draft? You must be Randy Moss's agent.

Tell me why anyone would watch a game that was going to be thrown.

I could tell you reasons why that is wrong but won't bother because you either have the drive and guts it takes to make it and stay there or you don't.

When your an underdog you don't enter the field like a goat to be slaughtered. You come in like a gladiator and fight to the end. Win or loose I want to see both teams give it their all and nothing less.

We might not make it to playoffs but our season isn't over. It that simple, play to win every game matter what.

When teams start throwing games die hard fans will leave.

I have to wonder if the Vikes are trying to throw these games. One has to wonder about the 3 man rush on the last drive last week, and the 2 time outs on the final drive this week, to give the Redskins time to recoup and make a play. I kinda got the feeling we were giving them every chance to win the game yesterday, but the players werent having any part of that. I like how Jennings was obviously not happy with the breather Frasier gave the Redskins offense on the final drive.

No one is trying to throw the game. These guys are playing and coaching for their jobs. You think the coaching staff wants to lose out the rest of the season to get a better draft pick? What's in it for them? A coaching staff that goes 1-15 or 2-14 doesn't get to stick around long enough to enjoy the draft pick. And how easy is it for a 1-15 head coach to find another job?

The players also know they can be cut at any time and have their contract torn up. If they tank it this season how does that look come evaluation time at the end of the year or when its time to sign the next contract? They could cost themselves millions of dollars by not playing 100%.

Neither the players or the coaches benefit by tanking games so why would they? I'm sure its only bored fans that are even talking about it.

I did like how we finally threw a blitz package at them on goal line. Its about time we get some pressure up the middle. And wow K Williams? He's back! I really think our LB core is the worst in the league. Greenway is a good Will LB but only when there is a decent supporting cast. I am pretty sick and tired of Henderson's missed tackles, that guy seriously lacks skill. He needs to stick to kickoff team, he is no better than that. And to add to that, Mitchell is a complete liability out there. They should consider moving Sendejo to LB, make him pack on about 20-30 lbs and he'd be a beast. Watching that game last night I do not know how we managed to win. Shannahan had to have lost sleep over that one. They just needed to keep throwing underneath, and we were done. Why do you think Dallas only ran the ball on us 9 times? Our coverage blows and the Skins should've worked us over more. The win did nothing to bring up any confidence on this coaching staff, they are still terrible and the only bad thing about winning is that their jobs are safe for another week. I'd seriously rather take Kill's seizure prone body on that sideline over these buffoons. You know the coaching is pretty bad when you have to stop the clock twice when they did to reset the defense. If they had to sub guys in it would be understandable but they did not and basically ran the same D. The clock needed to be stopped for that? That is 100% lack of preparation and that 100% the coaches job.

There is no point in throwing games this year anyway. There is NO ANDREW LUCK or RG3 to try to suck for in next years draft. There is a plethora of qb's to chose from in the draft that are going to go well into the second round. There is absolutely no reason to throw games.

Win some games, get the young players as much playing time as possible and hopefully they show improvement, and let the draft pick happen where it happens.

LMIT loves the gimmicks and watching train wrecks. He's probably had front row seats his whole life....

Too easy pal.

One thing last night showed is this can be a very good offense with a decent quarterback. Ponder played pretty good and they put up 30+ despite getting destroyed in time of possession.

It was also nice to watch a game where there were some different blocking schemes thrown at the opposition. I think Mus was thinking that with some 2nd stringers in there he had to get creative. If we ran those schemes with our 1st teamers this year would look a lot different.

LMIT loves the gimmicks and watching train wrecks.

If by "train wrecks" you mean the Minnesota Vikings (or any MN sports team for that matter), then yes, I'm a season ticket holder. And people like you are like the halftime entertainment between games. laugh

JOHN-NY! JOHN-NY! JOHN-NY!

It was also nice to watch a game where there were some different blocking schemes thrown at the opposition. I think Mus was thinking that with some 2nd stringers in there he had to get creative.

Sullivan said this morning they didn't do anything different...

Sullivan said this morning they didn't do anything different...

Thats what i was thinking.... What are these so called "schemes" you saw that were different

Juice? Enquiring minds would like to know.

I don't think they did anything different. They just played better... and well, The R words defense is HORRIBLE

Vikings Jerome Simpson jailed for suspected drunken driving

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/231285231.html

Yeah it's too bad these players can't afford a cab ;-/

Unreal. Money falling out of these guys pockets and cannot make a simple phone call to anyone on the planet. Moron.

Thats what i was thinking.... What are these so called "schemes" you saw that were different

Juice? Enquiring minds would like to know.

I don't think they did anything different. They just played better... and well, The R words defense is HORRIBLE

They down blocked, pulled, and hit the second level much more. Those are all schemes. The play calling was much more creative. What happened? We moved the ball much more effectively. If you think you saw that in the first half then you dont watch beyond the handoff.

Vikings Jerome Simpson jailed for suspected drunken driving

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/231285231.html

Yeah it's too bad these players can't afford a cab ;-/

Since when does a 2 win team deserve 3 days off? Looks like Frazier is satisfied with where his squad is at. I wouldn't be if it was my job on the line. Very typical.

I don't think they did anything different.

According to Sullivan (who played in the game) they didn't do anything different.

That video pretty much sums it all up. Being able to elude a college D and then a throw behind his WR. I swear 80% of his balls are thrown behind his target or to a WR that's standing still. NFL defenses are going to eat him alive. The coverage in the NFL is MUCH tighter.

And I'm glad you guys get you information from what a player says vs what you should see.

That video pretty much sums it all up. Being able to elude a college D and then a throw behind his WR.

I think what sums it up is: Touchdown!!!

He's going to look mighty fine in purple, ma boy! The Gunslinger rides again!

I sure am glad that you've posted so many times about how good you think he's going to be. It will certainly make for a good in you face moment when he fails in the bigs.