• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

Just shaking my head watching undrafted Kase Keenum throw seeds all over the field and look better in his second start then ponder has in his entire career.

No way do I trust spielman to make the right pick next year

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

So who starts at QB next week?

Cassel?

Game in four days... No way. They will go with Ponder and the same game plan.

Good Luck!

Ken

Keenum is lookin pretty good but he also has Andre and Hopkins, our QB's have Jennings and Simpson LMMFAO

Blunder looked like Blunder today, even when he plays at his best he's still bad. He's probably the only QB in the league that throws 10 yards short of the end zone on a hail mary.

ANY win the Vikings have from here on out actually hurts their future...

I can't get myself to cheer for the Vikings to lose during the game but it sure hurts less when I know each loss leads to a higher draft pick(s).

Was cheering for Tampa big time this afternoon.....

It's pretty easy to cheer for them to lose when you want a new staff and top 3 draft pick.

My buddy texted me right after we scored to take the lead and said "great another garbage win say goodbye to Bridgewater or Mariota. We do this every year win a couple games we shouldn't and miss out on a top QB". I responded with " It's not over yet, we rule at ****ing things up."

Thankfully I was right but it was pretty easy to see what would happen. Tampa let one go that sucks, they had it but that's what bad teams like the Vikes and Tampa do best.

I hope I do say goodbye to Bridgewater and Mariota. Im not interested in a system guy. Id take one of them as a backup if the team was looking for a backup.

Im not all that enthused about ANY of the QBs in the upper half of the first round. I say we trade down, accumulate picks or go elsewhere with our top pick.

Im not all that enthused about ANY of the QBs in the upper half of the first round. I say we trade down, accumulate picks or go elsewhere with our top pick.

I have to agree.

And have who at QB next year? We need a franchise guy, and that guy is obviously NOT Ponder, Cassel, or Freeman. We have to keep taking shots at the top of the draft to have our best chance at a franchise guy. That's been proven a million times over. And before it's even said, for every Tom Brady 6th round lightning strike story out there, there are 10 million John David Bootys that never see the field. Is it possible to get a franchise QB later than round 1? Sure. Is it likely? No. That's just reality. I'm not saying the next Peyton or Brees or Rodgers is in his senior year right now and is ready to be scooped up by the Vikings in May, but if he is, he's much likelier to come off the board in the first round then the 3rd. If we have a shot at a top 1, 2, or 3 prospect, we'd be beyond stupid to pass that up. Our QB situation is the joke of the entire league this year!

I'd take Bridgewater or Mariota in a heartbeat.

Wouldn't hate a Manziel pick either...at least the games would be fun to watch and he'd keep things interesting during the week with the media stuff.

And have who at QB next year? We need a franchise guy, and that guy is obviously NOT Ponder, Cassel, or Freeman. We have to keep taking shots at the top of the draft to have our best chance at a franchise guy. That's been proven a million times over.

Whats also been proven over and over is that teams reach for a position rather than a guy. What end up happening then? Oh yeah, you draft a Ponder, a Sanchez, a Leftwich, a Gabbert, a Locker and on and on that list goes. So if you want to give up your 1st rounder on a position rather than a guy go ahead. Wrong choice my friend.

Nobody is a 1st round choice this year for the spot we'll be selecting. Maybe further down and that's a stretch because there aren't a lot of teams in need of a QB.

I disagree, I think there is a lot of teams after a new QB this year, I also think there will be 4 QB taken in the first round as well.

I would guess in the top 40 picks we will see

Bridgewater

Hundley

Manziel

Boyd

Carr

Mariota

all gone by then.

I would guess in the top 40 picks we will see

Bridgewater

Hundley

Manziel

Boyd

Carr

Mariota

all gone by then.

You could make an argument for Zach Mettenberger and possibly a couple others, too, if you project out to the first 40 picks.

As for teams in need and likely to look early: Browns, Jags, & Vikes are locks in round 1, and other teams could be ready, too, depending on how this year shakes out... Bucs, Cardinals, and Raiders come to mind. And if the Bears and Cutler divorce, and that's a possibility, they could be ready to shop, as could the Steelers. Without a doubt I think 4 QBs go in the first round, and likely 5.

5 QBs in the 1st round. No freaking way. Do you know that on average about 12 QBs go in any draft and you think almost half are going to go in the 1st round. You're nuts. Nobody is going to roll the dice on that many.

Only 1 went last year. And the jury is still out on him and on 3 from the year before-even RG 3, the only one Id want is Luck. So in 2 years there has been 5 QBs drafted in round 1, now theres 5 in this one years draft class? Sounds like a definite stretch. You obviously can not judge talent.

Wow, getting fired up in here. The Dr is sounding more like a professor!

Having said that, I have to agree with him.

I don't care if the Vikes take a Qb early in the first or later in the draft.

They just have to make the right pick. Plenty of good Qb's fall in the draft.

It's pretty cut and dry. If you think Mettenberger is a franchise guy then your take of football has no validity. There is no franchise guy in this draft. There are a couple maybes, and by couple I mean 2, Carr and Hundley. But a maybe isn't worth a top 5 pick. A maybe is worth trading down and ending up with a definite at one position (CB, LB) and using a second 1st rd pick for the maybe guy. Heck Dalton was a 2nd rounder. Id rather roll the dice on a second rounder than a first. Please no Manziel though, please. That guy is the second coming of Ryan Leaf.

If 5 qbs go in the first round there must not be anything else in the draft. 3 will probably go but not 5. I don't see any superstars in this draft. Its deep overall but no elite qbs like Luck.

At this point we just need a capable qb. We don't have to be looking home run ball of a franchise qb. Sure that would be nice, but if we don't fraft a starter, we will be watching Ponder again next year

Screw that. Capable qb? They are all capable. We need a game changer or why bother. If there isn't one in this draft then look elsewhere. There isn't a qb in this draft that in would consider elite. Take our top 5 pick drop down in draft address other serious areas of need and pick a qb in round two or later. There is certainly one capable in that area but we shouldn't be looking for a "capable" qb. They tried that with the carousel over the years and you can see how that has worked. If that is the mindset keep ponder. If they address all of the other issues I think they can possibly win 5 games next year. Otherwise forfeit.

Preach on captain. No capable guy should be selected anywhere near where our picks gonna be. You pick the player not the position. We shouldn't have a problem finding a hole to fill.

Exactly! People biotch about "reaching" for ponder. Well its reaching for pretty much all of the top qbs in this draft.

Guess what? Our incapable qb PONDER won this game tonight. If the defense was somewhat capable these games would be easy.

If the defense was somewhat capable these games would be easy.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please tell me again, is it delusional or dillusional?

Good grief...