• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Minnesota Vikings 2013 Thread!!

Shack

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DrJuice1980

• LMITOUT

• CaptainMusky

• FISHINGURU

Those 31%comprise 100% of the people who haven't watched him play.

Do you have a source to back up that statement?

Absolutely. I would like to know if that 31% who are voting for Manziel have never watched him play, as you have claimed.

I would like to know your predictions on manziels pro game? Actually stick your neck out there for something and share your wealth of football knowledge.

This way you can either legitimately chest thump or look like a chump.

To validate my statement about blocking scheme adjustment I went back and watched a few offensive sets (I know, what a nerd). For Sullivan to say there wasn't a change made is completely mind boggling. He was the one who changed the most. He finally left the line of scrimmage! Him and Fusco. There was a HUGE difference it play and scheme. Watch it for yourself if you want to nerd out like me. Watch them go back to their old dull ways, that would be so typical of these coaches.

I would like to know your predictions on manziels pro game?

That's a question that cannot be answered by anybody about any player. If someone can accurately make those predictions (for any player) they'll be a wealthy person.

It sure can. It's called an opinion, I'm certain you have one. Throw one out there, show you got a pair.

LMT you are so transparent. Everyone sees through your schtick except yourself. You post all these johnny pics now to get the ire up. A year from now it will be either "see, I told you he was going to be great!" Or "I never said I bought into all the hype" blah blah blah. In "your" mind you are right.

You sniff Johnny's jock so much surely you have some opinion!??? Enlighten us.

All I said was that 31% of the voters in that poll want Manziel to be the Vikings 2014 draft pick. It's not my problem that you don't like what the people who voted in that poll want.

Oh come on now. You post a pic of him every chance you get. Let's hear it? A real bonafide opinion from the master!

Others continue to be a fake and a troll like you always are. Why ruin your reputation and take a stance? What a joke.

If I could get Johnny Football in the 2nd round or later, I'd give him a shot. He couldn't be any worse than what they already have.

He's got no gonads at all there Captain. Watch now he'll say "it was 31% before now it's 32%. How do you know if I voted or not?"

I'd burn a late 2nd rounder if we get 2-1sts or 2-2nds and Hundley and Carr are off the board otherwise I'm not at all interested in seeing him in purple on a top 50 choice. I'm sure some team will pick him before than. Probably like a Jets, Cardinals, Bucs, Jags, Texans, I see him landing on a team like that.

I'd love to see Manziel in Purple. Like I said in a previous post, all the games would be entertaining and most likely so would the off-field stuff.

The kid can flat out play football...period. He does things that NO coach can coach.

I haven't seen that from the other QB's coming out this year...the rest you can all lump together and "hope" you pick the right one. dump-shoot just like so many other years.

Carr would be a nice 2nd rounder for the Purple if he makes it there...so would the Georgia QB.

The kid from Baylor is also making a very strong push...

None of the mentioned QB's would do the Purple any good anyway if the front office retains this current coaching staff.

He's got no gonads at all there Captain. Watch now he'll say "it was 31% before now it's 32%. How do you know if I voted or not?"

I wouldn't be surprised if he is "stuffing the box" with votes. Vote, clear cache, vote. He obviously has the time on his hands. In between computer games of course.

Manziel is a showboat and I don't want the Vikings to draft him. I'd rather they drafted the kid out of Oregon.

Yes, because we know that all great football players are humble and that is the best trait to look for in an NFL quarterback. crazy

Yes, because we know that all great football players are humble and that is the best trait to look for in an NFL quarterback. crazy

I get your point, but I think there are some very humble QB's who do excel in the NFL. Russell Wilson, Stafford, RG III, Luck, just to name a few. I dont think they have to go hand in hand as in cockiness and quality NFL QB.

Quote:
Drew Brees says Johnny Manziel can ‘absolutely’ be an NFL starter

BY JACK JORGENSEN - NOV 12TH, 2013 AT 2:13 PM

As the 2013 college football season quickly comes to a close down the stretch here, most think that it’s also the end of the collegiate career of the most polarizing figure in the game’s history, Texas A&M quarterback and Heisman winner, Johnny Manziel.

As a redshirt sophomore, Manziel is eligible to enter the 2014 NFL Draft this upcoming April and that’s what most expect him to do.

But, as far as prospects at the next level go, some think he’ll make a fantastic pro, while others aren’t really so sure he’ll pan out all that much. He’s drawing the latter because of factors such as his size and the style of offense he plays in under Kevin Sumlin. Well, there’s also the character thing, too.

Fact of the matter is, though, like anyone else in the history of football, we won’t really know how he’ll fare until he steps on to an NFL field and actually plays.

He has, however, garnered a big bit of praise from a current NFL superstar, New Orleans Saints All-Pro and Super Bowl-winning QB, Drew Brees.

When asked about Manziel in a phone interview for Fox Sports, Brees had nothing but great things to say about Manziel, including calling him a starter at the professional level and also comparing him to Seattle Seahawks QB, Russell Wilson:

“He is a heckuva player,” Brees told FOXSports.com in a telephone interview. “He’s fun to watch. He makes all kinds of plays.

“He’s got all the playmaking ability to be a great player. [There are] guys like [Manziel] in this league. Russell Wilson and his ability to run the football and extend plays outside the pocket and throw the ball down the field. Intermediate [routes], I mean he can do it all.”

Most importantly, Brees thinks the third-year sophomore who most expect will declare for the NFL after this season has the most necessary of intangibles — the ability to take control of a huddle and lead an NFL offense. When asked if Manziel could be a starter at the next level, Brees put it simply: “Yeah, absolutely.”

Of course Brees would say that, he's a Texas kid. Plus to add to that he will be considered a smaller QB at 6'1". 6'1" on his tippy toes wearing his cleats.

Quote:
NFL Draft: Talent Wise, Johnny Manziel Leads Pack

October 23, 2013 11:05 pm EST by Nick Baker

Although people find flaws in his game and personal lifestyle, talent wise, Johnny Manziel is the best quarterback in the country. Right now, Manziel is ranked behind the likes of Teddy Bridgewater and Marcus Mariota by many draft experts, but soon enough, it will be shown that Manziel is the most talented passer and playmaker in the upcoming NFL draft.

Manziel’s decision making is questionable at times, think of his mid-game hail mary against Alabama this year, but otherwise, he possesses the tools of a franchise quarterback. Many knock his size, 6-foot-1, but in the pocket, Manziel keeps the ball at neck height, and has a high throwing motion meaning, his balls are harder to bat down than say Russell Wilson, another short quarterback.

Manziel also has a very short stride and quick throwing motion, the perfect mechanics for any quarterback. Although he is known for his playmaking ability with his legs, Manziel is already a top-tier passer and will be able to effectively run an NFL offense from day one next year because of his arm strength and accuracy. At times, Manziel is bailed out by his tall and talented wide receivers, but with time will come better decision making, which at this point is the only knock I have on his game.

Unlike other highly-touted quarterbacks, Manziel has performed well against the top defenses in the country, most notably Alabama, whom he has thrown for 717 yards and seven touchdowns against in the past two seasons. Somehow, despite turning in two spectacular performances against the best defense in the country, two years in a row, Manziel’s pro potential is still in doubt by some.

There is also that “it” factor about Manziel, although hard to describe, it is that instinct that cannot be measured that helps Manziel stand out from the rest. Although a handful of quarterbacks entering the upcoming draft have solid escapability in the pocket, Manziel has shown the ability to break tackles from top defenders and still make a play after doing so. The big-play ability that Manziel possesses is very unique, and whichever team takes a chance on him next spring will be pleasantly surprised.

So far this season, Manziel has completed 73 percent of his passes, and despite running for nearly 500 yards through six and a half games, he has thrown for another 2,289 yards in that time, making him one of the most dominant dual-threat quarterbacks in the country. There is still plenty of time for Manziel to further prove himself before the draft, but once the 2014 NFL season begins, he will prove to be one of the next stars at the quarterback position.

Nick Baker is a contributing writer for Rant Sports and you can follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and add him to your network on Google

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/10/23...9vOJeUbMuEco.99