• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Finally got my mount back!

wiggledastick

Looks like the deer was well worth waiting for.

Score, has great mass, I would guess 142 net score.

Just for future reference, if you have a rack scored and it is large enough for a book, have the rack scored first. Most of the scorers will want to make sure the skull plate has not been split to gain in score so they would have to open the stitching on the top back of the skull to check.

High 140's. Maybe low 150's. Gorgeous buck. Great mass. He doesn't have a ton of tine length, but he'll make up for a little of that with the palmation in his main beams. Gosh that's a nice lookin' buck!

Why didn't you have your taxidermist score the buck? They're usually happy to do this.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

dandy! 147 3/8 is my final guess. smile purdy!

Thanks everybody! First time getting a big one and first one to get mounted so I guess I didn't think about having the taxidermist score it. Definatly a shocker seeing him when I was hunting. I hunt north of Nashwauk in Itasca county and normally only see basket 8's and smaller bucks. Lots of wolves in our area and had 3 walk by me within 40 yards on opening day. Just gotta look online and find a person to score him.

I think slim is close on gross and I'm not one for net scores. I would take it any season all week long. He has a Canadian look to him. Congrats.

• 1 month later...

The taxidermist is Rick Simonson out of Coon Rapids....not sure if I can say the business name? And sorry haven't had it scored yet. Anyone live around North St. Paul and want to score it for me? Lol

go on the web and get the scoring sheet...official scores don't mean dump anyways. Do it yourself it is a fun time!

Ditto...unless you really want to see your name in ink somewhere, you can get within an inch by doing it yourself. Heck of a deer by the way...CONGRATS!!!

Heckuva buck! He's over 150 gross, no question probably closer to 160 gross than 150. Keep us posted on the score. Nets are for fishing...