• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ponder

harvey lee

I thought by upgrading our receivers we were going to be able to pass the ball when 8-9 men are in the box...guess not.

We never really upgraded though, we just paid alot more for the same type of production.

Meanwhile the guy with the best chance at being a big playmaker (Patterson) sits on the bench most the game.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• Big Dave2

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

WHy would you stick behind a QB that has a passer rating of 67. TJack was better then that!

Because of who is sitting on the bench behind him? Thinking Cassel will do anything other than make Ponder feel bad for losing the starting job is just plain silly. He's worse than ponder and has no feet to fall back on.

I think he is much smarter in the pocket then Ponder, and is capable of finding an open receiver, rather then staring down one guy until the pocket collapses. I think Cassel is an average QB, Ponder has no clue what he is doing in the pocket. I have seen high school QB's with a better pocket presence then Ponder has.

Vikes have alot of issues but Ponder does need to go for a quality QB.

Frazier, he can go also, looks like a dead stump of wood on the sidelines with about zero life.

One can say this, we will have 2 of the nicest, newest stadiums in baseball and football with neither having a team worthy of these fields.

These new stadium's are good for one thing for sure right now, it should have raised the team value for both teams for the owners.

I think he is much smarter in the pocket then Ponder, and is capable of finding an open receiver, rather then staring down one guy until the pocket collapses. I think Cassel is an average QB, Ponder has no clue what he is doing in the pocket. I have seen high school QB's with a better pocket presence then Ponder has.

+1

Tunnel Vision, Stiff Neck or something. Ponder seems to have to move to find people and when he does that more often than not he runs into a tackler. For some reason he cannot look around quickly enough while dropping back in the pocket to find the open receiver and get him the ball while that receiver is open. If they don't win this weekend at home it will be time to move on to other options. As for Leslie....I think he is in over his head...knows it...and is just biding his time...at least that is what it appears. He knows the answers after viewing game film but sorry...too late by then.

Frazier, he can go also, looks like a dead stump of wood on the sidelines with about zero life.

I'm getting tired of hearing this argument for firing Frazier. Who cares what he looks like on the sideline or how animated he is. It’s not a modeling contest, you don't win based on what you look like on the sideline. There are plenty of winning coaches in the NFL that don't yell and scream and storm up and down the sidelines.

If you want to criticize Fraizer why not look at more important factors like how he prepares his team to play and how he manages the game. The team looks lost at times, the game plan seems to be poorly designed, and the midgame adjustments seem to be non-existent. These are real reasons to criticize Fraizer and maybe even call for his firing.

Based on what I've seen so far this year unless things get better in a hurry I kind of doubt Fraizer will be the coach next season. Consdering the way the Wilfs handled his contract in the offseason I think they are looking for more from a coach then what Fraizer has shown so far.

All head coaches in the NFL without a true franchise QB lose their jobs...every single one of them...100% of the time.

Frazier will be no different....

Quote:
If you want to criticize Fraizer why not look at more important factors like how he prepares his team to play and how he manages the game. The team looks lost at times,

The apples dont fall far from the tree I am afraid.....

Sounds to me like Frazier needs to try coaching a different sport. Baseball for example. All the descriptions of his ineptitude remind me of someone from another local franchise yet many fans are defending that other guy like crazy right about now. Lol.

Ah, the reality is setting in and I love it. I yelled, and screamed and whinned about not get WRs until we had someone to throw them the ball. Cordalle Patterson has played 11 offensive plays. Yes 11! And Jennings, lotta good that big contract did when you dont have anyone to throw the dam ball!!

When the guy that touches the ball on every single play is your worst player you are gonna suck, plain and simple. Ponder is not even a quality backup. The O-line would look way better with a good QB back there. Peterson might get 150+ a game if anyone was the least bit afraid of us throught the air. Probably on pace for most 3 and outs ever. Our defense will play 32 games and the offense looks like they will play about 6 at this rate.

Then there is Bill Mustpuke. Are we only capable of 5 plays? I would hate to see how confused this richard cranium gets ordering of the menu at McDonalds.

And Harvey Lee Dont leave out the gophers, saints and timberwolves stadiums. have poured 100s of millions into those dumps too. And for what?? about 65% losses seems to be the norm.

We should not have blown our whole draft on Patterson and drafted Barkley. No way he could blow as bad as Flounder.

I don't think Ponder has any Peripheral vision. He likes to look at the pass rushers feet when pressured and stops looking down field.

He said something about the coaches not letting him do anything to the press this week. I agree they need to let him out of first gear.

I think we need another Calcutta clipper to get this kick azz offense going.

Get the rookie receiver on the field, please.

.... can you imagine being a Browns fan right about now?

Traded away Richardson yesterday. Starting some new QB...

I almost feel worse for them. LOLLLLLL

.... can you imagine being a Browns fan right about now?

Traded away Richardson yesterday. Starting some new QB...

I almost feel worse for them. LOLLLLLL

Not sure Vikings Fan should really be laughing. At least the Browns figured out they can't build a franchise around a RB in this NFL.

*cough*PEDerson*cough*

I don't disagree with the idea of trading Richardson on a team like the Browns. He isn't going to help them win games as they are so bad in all other areas.

The thing I disagree with is the value they got for him. He's the 3rd overall pick with a ton of upside. On a team like the Colts he could turn into a beast. Essentially the browns traded a 3rd overall pick for what will likely be a late first round pick. In my mind you have to get a lot more for Richardson than a late first round pick.

As for the Vikings following the same strategy I don't see it. The vikings are much closer to contending than the Browns. The vikings are in theory 1 QB away from being a serious contender, the Browns need everything. If they were to trade AP (probably the only game changing RB in the NFL) I'd be looking for much more than a single late first round pick.

There's little room to run usually, these guys are so fast etc. What AP did last year was incredible really. I have no idea why AP can't catch, that's his greatest weakness or our O coordinators biggest weakness. Saw Jared Allen a couple weeks ago, wonder if he got a bear ? Isn't too often you roll through town and see #69 in camo assuming bear or early goose were the only things open. Looking at the vikes schedule, seems like a 6-10 season is upon us. I gave Ponder the benefit of the doubt, I'm done, here's why, there hasn't been 1 thing he's really done in the 1st 2 games that Cassel or that 2 last named guy couldn't have done. We'll see if AP can get it rockin when his FB gets back from suspension. Wonder where the vikes had Kaepernick ranked on their QB board ? We went with Ponder, if you put those 2 side by side at a workout wouldn't you realize which is simply the better option. You can not Tavaris Jackson miss on that QB pick or else. Drew Brees was once available and we like the big 10, Manning was available we made no attempt, we saw what favre could do, daing.

I am all ready for another week for Flounder to, "learn from his mistakes." If I hear him say it again I am driving down there to kick him in the plumbs.

If you are a Vikes fan you should be praying for a Browns win today.

The vikings are much closer to contending than the Browns. The vikings are in theory 1 QB away from being a serious contender, the Browns need everything.

Oh really?

The Vikes make every team they play look good. I hate to say it but we suck and it is due to Ponder.
I agree we suck but if you think its due to ponder solely you really need to rethink things. Fake punt? First down. Fake FG? TD. talk official call on a muffed punt/fumble 15 yard penalty when it should have been loss of timeout.

Ponder didn't lose the game but he didn't win it either. Plenty of blame to go around.