• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Ponder

harvey lee

Well, after watching him for 1 quarter, I am ready to say, I do not need to see him play anymore this season.

This guy cannot find recievers, throw accurate or about anything else.

I gues maybe he needs another year for him to develop.

The guy will never make a top notch QB, never.

I had high hopes for the Vikes to improve with thier new players but with Bozo QB, I cannot see that happening, good thing we have AP, our only offense.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CaptainMusky

• Big Dave2

• Scott K

• LMITOUT

I agree HL...he simply won't THROW the ball. He's a career back-up at best and he should be competing for the #2 job not the starting job.

He's got a HUGE fan base across the border to the east. :-)

Man on man is he pathetic. I can't believe anyone has held on hope this long (coaches or a single fan besides his mom or wife). What a waste of more Peterson years.

Thats truly the sad part, how many more years does a.p have?

Dont think we have enough time to try an experimental q.b.

We should have tried very hard to get a top notch qb.

SAD!!!!!!

Cassel didn't look any better. The o line was getting schooled last night. Very sloppy game all around. I was more impressed with the law firm than any other qb. Diamond in the rough!?

I was more impressed with the law firm than any other qb.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis is playing QB for the Vikings?

smirk

I was more impressed with the law firm than any other qb. Diamond in the rough!?

That all he does and he does it well.

Sad part is, Leslie will go with him or die.

I thought Cassell looked way better in game one.

When Ponder throws timed routes, he is never spot on. He is not much better throwing down filed either.

We coulod have the best recievers in football yet Ponder would be no better, he simply is not a good QB.

Every year, let's give him another year and he may get better, maybe when AP retires..

Harvey with all due respect its only his second season as a starter. Having said that if I were the coach I would have a short leash with him this year. This year will make or break him. I haven't seen much from Cassel to impress me either. Thompson has a cannon arm and if his group of receivers could run proper routes he would've done even better. I can only imagine what he could do with Jennings etc instead of whichever what's his name.

Not saying i'm a Ponder fan or think he will be a good qb, but man you guys gotta give him a chance. Funny how you all know how he's gonna be this year just by a little more than a quarter of play this preseason (All of which has been without Adrian Peterson). Give him a chance in the reg season with the complete arsenal of weapons, and at least a complete REGULAR season game.

Why sooooo negative, root for somebody else, make yourself happy...

If the Vikes won ALL the pre season games THEN I would be worried.

I think you are confusing Leslie with Chilly, I think certain people will have to perform, and the OL has to perform to let them.

Relax, enjoy, it's gonna be FUN!

Ponder will get another chance.

I guess I want to see the Vikes competitive again and I truely question Ponder is the answer.

I guess we can wait a few weeks and then see what he does on the field.

I will agree with all of our starters in the game, that should give ponder more chances but his throwing I do not see improving.

This is early in the pre season so I'm not ready to crucify Ponder........yet.

I know he's still fairly new but with the line-up the Vikes went and got this off season through free agency and the draft, he better perform or he'll be riding pine. Too much talent on this years team to accept being 8-8.

Not saying i'm a Ponder fan or think he will be a good qb, but man you guys gotta give him a chance. Funny how you all know how he's gonna be this year just by a little more than a quarter of play this preseason (All of which has been without Adrian Peterson). Give him a chance in the reg season with the complete arsenal of weapons, and at least a complete REGULAR season game.

I know what you are saying but to be fair this is not just about 1 quarter of one pre season game. We have several games his rookie year and 16 games last year that show he is not a very good passer.After the rookie year they said he needed a LT to give him time to throw the ball. That was fixed. Then they said give him someone who can catch the ball so they gave him several WR's and yet after the whole off season it looks like he is picking up where he left off with no real improvement in accuracy or decision making. And if he needs MORE time then maybe give him more than 2 plays in a game because the regular season is no time to be learning what you should have learned in the off season.

Yeah it was completely ridiculous only getting 2 plays in game one. It was a hard game to gauge this week. The bills had so much pressure the good passes he made were dropped. Still lots of work to do. All weapons need to be on the field to get a good idea of what we will see weeks 1. Hopefully this weeks game AD plays a series.

He should of played at least a quarter in the first game and a complete half in this game. The Bills were kind of going all out blitz something that you normally don't see much of in preseason.

The man with 5 names always does decent against 3rd stringers but you have to wonder why he's never made it up the ladder as our #2 or battle for starter.

This is the yr we finally grade Ponder IMO, if he doesn't click this season he's out of excuses.

It's hard to judge him so far this season with the amount of time he's played and no game planning against the other team. Our team is total garbage without AP, it would be like watching The Fudge without Rodgers.

blue heeler I think that is pretty dam accurate. I guess I am hopeful it works out but reserved in too much praise or negativity.

Watching the game tonight I wish we would've "sucked for luck". He is the real deal.

I would hate to be a QB in the nfl,if you don't come out playing awesome the fans write you off right away...Remember Ponder doesn't have to be a great QB, with AP all we need is a decent QB who can manage the game...We actually have WRs this year, last yr's WRs were a joke after Percy went down and we were 10-6...I think Ponder will be better this year and we will be right in the playoff picture...

It's hard to judge him so far this season with the amount of time he's played and no game planning against the other team.

Although I thought Ponder looked like it was his first snap under center against the Bills, part of the blame needs to go on the O Line. They got schooled in every respect of the game. Didn't pick up blitzes, protection schemes were terrible. Not making excuses for Ponder, but if he didn't have a blue jersey in his face by the time he finished his drop, maybe he has a better game. As far as Cassel.....he is playing with the second string O Line and I think it shows that the Vikings have absolutely NO DEPTH at any of the positions. In two games, our second string unit has done JACK. They have looked terrible. I want to see Cassel get some time in with the first unit, same as Ponder and see what he does. My prediction: Cassel is our starter by game #4.

I am not looking for a QB to become the next "Brady, Rodgers, Manning" etc, but he has to be able to find open receivers, keep the defense honest by having a deep threat, changing plays at the line of scrimmage and just dont turn the ball over with stupid mistakes.

There was a stretch last year where Ponder did exactly that. If he can find that for a considerable part of the season this year, I will be ecstatic.

We have enough talent on this team to be a strong contender on both sides of the ball.

I dont really care if our QB throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs, but that he can manage the game, move the ball and protect it.

Now if he throws for 4000 yards and 30 TDs I would love it, but my expectations are not that high.

All I want is consistency. I either want Ponder be consistently good (not great just good) or consistently terrible so that the plug gets pulled without hesitation. The worst thing I can imagine for this season is Ponder just barely getting by and playing just good enough to keep getting another chance. If that happens it will be a year long argument about whether Cassel should get a chance and then its a week by week QB controversy. When was the last time a team could salvage a season with all that garbage going on?

Whether he's good or bad I just hope he goes all in one way or the other.

While Ponder hasn't every flashed greatness or stability, I won't crucify him based on Friday night's performance. Let's think about how the game started. LT Khalil went "ole!" and Ponder got creamed...and it only went downhill after that. The reality is that the entire team played terrible, sloppy, no good, very bad football. Even Blair Walsh missed a FG!

So if there is any bright spot in this Ponder debate, it's that every Viking looked terrible...except maybe Gerhardt. Now, all of that said, I've watched about 10 of the preseason games so far this season and no teams - except the Vikings opponent (Bills) - looked so unprepared to play football. That the whole team was not ready to play is what scares me.

While I doubt he will ever be a HOF'er its comical seeing people crucify him. The grass is always greener right?

His greatest asset is not throwing a cluster of INT's and/or fumbling it away. Slow and steady will keep the team in contention every game and keeping the game within reach. AP will give you the chance to win every one that is close.

Right Dtro. People just have to put it in perspective. A franchise QB is hard to come by. You can really just hope to get one that gives you years of consistent play and doesnt cost you games. That is what I am hoping for, whoever that may be. We have revolved through so many QBs its astonishing.

Man, GB has had 2 QBs in the last 20 years? I am sure we are close to 15, but I dont want to take the time to count because my head hurts already.

However you guys want to twist it to make it acceptable/justified that he's the vike's number one. I agree if he could just manage a game but man that's a big IF. Maybe if the take out all pass plays from the playbook. He just looks so lost and scared all of the time.

While I will agree, he hasnt looked so hot in preseason here, you all seem to have a short memory. He looked like an All Star against San Fran last year, had a great game against Houston and went drive for drive against arguably the best in the leauge in week 16. He had a slump in the middle of the year, but in the beginning and the end of last season he looked real good. If he can play like that this year, we're are sitting just fine in the QB department. He was just as good as Jay Cutler last year, compare their stats.