• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

4 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

honey do list???   you will be there alone!!!  opps forgot the bar girls!!!   🤣

😣 LOL nope rarely if ever hit a bar up there....yea i make my own honey do lists!!!!!!!🥴

I'm the same on honey do lists. I seem to feel better doing my list than my wife's list, even though they my be similar. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

got mine done........for the cabin.....ready for summer festivities!!!!!!

there was still frost in the ground...........but good gawd are the lakes low!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 4

• 2 weeks later...

kettle, anyone?????are you guys getting any rain worth while up  there?????

Decent amount of rain, up to two inches the next few days and more later in the week 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2024 at 3:21 PM, Kettle said:

Decent amount of rain, up to two inches the next few days and more later in the week 

Suk's hardly a flake of snow this past winter and now it's been raining every few days.  Which we, the farmers and the lakes need, but! :unsure:

Edited by leech~~

Just checked the rain gauge as I was gone on a 48 hr shift. 1.75" since Saturday morning 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/28/2024 at 8:22 AM, smurfy said:

kettle, anyone?????are you guys getting any rain worth while up  there?????

https://www.cocorahs.org/ this site is a great way to get rain totals for areas

• Thumbs Up 3

On 4/29/2024 at 11:51 AM, rundrave said:

https://www.cocorahs.org/ this site is a great way to get rain totals for areas

i like this site!!!!!  👍 thanks rundave......its in my favorites!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think its 100% accurate, you are just relying on other average joes to report precipitation. But I think most numbers there are right in the ball park, especially when you see consistency among multiple reports in a general area.

It's probably more accurate than what the weather terrorists say on the news :) which usually only reports metro areas. cocorahs is good for getting rural area reports you just might not have as many reports to go off of

• Thumbs Up 2

On an off light precipitation today. Hoping the weather this weekend will be nice so I can get out and crappie fish and check the weather. My yard has standing water and the driveway is a mess. Lot of lakes are near standard water levels which is good. Heard they are done stripping eggs on cut foot. Shaping up to be a good opener. Last year fished open water 60+ days and 28 different lakes. Hopefully bump both those numbers up this year

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Kettle said:

On an off light precipitation today. Hoping the weather this weekend will be nice so I can get out and crappie fish and check the weather. My yard has standing water and the driveway is a mess. Lot of lakes are near standard water levels which is good. Heard they are done stripping eggs on cut foot. Shaping up to be a good opener. Last year fished open water 60+ days and 28 different lakes. Hopefully bump both those numbers up this year

thats great to hear regarding the lake levels!!!!!!

Water Temps 48-52. I tried for crappies and caught two walleye. I can't even crappie fish. 1/32 ounce jig and a tiny minnow

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Went out yesterday with the sunshine. I did find crappies in the shallows on a darker stained lake with Temps at 58 degrees. They had no interest in my baits

• Thumbs Up 2

New signs going up this year  

FB_IMG_1715277881371.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

Winnie outpost posted this picture on the book of faces yesterday.  Traffic on hwy 2 heading into deer river.  They are limiting the amount of bait, mainly minnows, per individual. 

FB_IMG_1715436856652.jpg

Fish are still very shallow with water Temps near 60. Two guys tonight 19 total kept 10

Screenshot_20240512_195249_Snapchat.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • l Love It 1

On 5/12/2024 at 9:00 PM, Kettle said:

Fish are still very shallow with water Temps near 60. Two guys tonight 19 total kept 10

Screenshot_20240512_195249_Snapchat.jpg

what lake!!!!!🤪🤗 i'm headed up tomorrow afternoon till sometime memorial weekend....... mabe head back home sat or sunday to avoid traffic!!!1 

• Yayyyy 1

The water Temps on most lakes are low 60s. Crappies in the shallows on just about every lake. Best time of year

• Thumbs Up 2

gonna try chasing them too!!!!!!!👍 i gotta list of lakes i wanna hit next week.......just not sure what order yet!!!!!!!!!!🙄 decisions.......decisions!!!!!!!🥴

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

So much rain these past few weeks. I only seem to get days off post cold front. Made the most of it recently. Water Temps still in the 50s. Not sure the crappies have even spawned, definitely not the bluegills. Walleye still really shallow 

20240527_174018.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Wow, ❤ 1

nice fish bud!!!!!!!!👍 i was up last week and we had over 2 inches of rain.........but really helped the lakes!!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
1 hour ago, smurfy said:

nice fish bud!!!!!!!!👍 i was up last week and we had over 2 inches of rain.........but really helped the lakes!!!!!!!!!!

Smurfy, you know where that Kettle guy fishes?  Might have to sneak over there! 🤫

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Yayyyy 1

I don't fish any secret lakes. I research the lakes on the DNR website with good walleye numbers. I spent a lot of time learning side imaging. I'll scan for an hour or two if need be to find the fish. Nothing crazy for techniques. Either pitching a jig or back trolling with lindy rigs. If either of you two ever want to go let me know 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kettle said:

I don't fish any secret lakes. I research the lakes on the DNR website with good walleye numbers. I spent a lot of time learning side imaging. I'll scan for an hour or two if need be to find the fish. Nothing crazy for techniques. Either pitching a jig or back trolling with lindy rigs. If either of you two ever want to go let me know 

well.........i'll be back up june 10th to the 16th. the 10-11-12th i'll be there by myself!!!!!🤗

i'd even be OK with meeting at a neutral place and go to the lake blindfolded!!!!!!!! 😊🤣

leech...he is over there.........just forgets about us FM  rejects!!!!!!!🤪

• Yayyyy 1

was up at the lake all week, water temps 65-66 today, and the crappies are now spawning. did not try for walleyes this week, but got my eye on a couple of lakes.

• Thumbs Up 2

i reckon the skeeters are starting to get a bit over abundant about now????????🥴

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, smurfy said:

i reckon the skeeters are starting to get a bit over abundant about now????????🥴

not too bad at my place, but they are starting to come out. about the only time they get abundant is when I pull my skeeter out of the garage.😁

• Yayyyy 2