• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

not far from us. one of my coworkers lives not far from bowstring. told me today that last weekend sat crappies bit good, sunday he went out and didn't do anything. guess bowstring shores does have a road plowed. just don't drill holes in the road. someone did and he aint happy.

You guys getting hit pretty good tonight?
As of this morning I would say around 4 or 5 inches its hard to tell with the wind and drifting.

hearing some reports with the last snow they are starting to see some water on the ice again after holes are opened up. I noticed that also when I took my houses off last sat.

• 2 weeks later...

We took the larger wheelhouse and permanent spear house off the ice this past weekend. It would have been easier a couple weeks ago as we now have water/slush on the ice under a foot of snow. Luckily, they were not that far out from shore. Snow blowed the top snow layer off both road routes on Saturday morning when the slush layer was still mostly frozen much of the way. Worked on getting the froze-in wheel house chopped out of the ice and back to shore the remainder of Saturday. The slush layer softened during the day and we had to remove it down to good ice with a 4 wheeler and plow. Waited overnight Saturday for the slush layer to refreeze on the route out to the spear house. Got up this morning at day break and pulled the spear house off without much trouble. The slush layer had froze just enough over night to support the 4 wheeler and spear house. We were done by 8 AM this morning.

glad to hear you got it done. its been a rough and tough year up there. still would like to make a trip up and chase some panfish when things get better.

• 1 month later...

looking to head up the next week or so...............any snow left??? how bout ice on the lakes?????? thanks

The snow is all but gone (though we did get a dusting last night) and the ice is pretty sick on most lakes now. It's the season for catching up on chores and projects.

Just off Co.Rd. #35 in Itasca Co.We had to make a run into town & I got thinking that you might take it that way. eek So I thought I better see if I could straighten you out laugh We came up yesterday,drove through some heavy rain early then had the ground turn white after a couple of hours here.It didn't stop until around 9(maybe a little after) last night but it's about 2/3-3/4 gone now.We talked to a lady at the new $ store in Cohasset on the way back & she said she had a buddy go in the ditch.Very slippery on her drive back to Squaw Lake about 7:30 too.

gringrin we are up on the wirt road not far from the spring lake store. 35 would be the road that goes to the bowstring access on the north end!!!!!!

Yep,that's the one.When going west on 35 there's a little bridge & then a stop sign.If you turn north,we're 2 doors down on the west side.It looks like we'll be here all next week maybe even 2.If you're in the neighborhood don't be afraid to stop by.We may need to go to landfill so may check you out.You can't be too far from there,are you?It's still just weekends(for dump),isn't it?

we are Peterson lake actually its the first road to the right when you turn on 29. not sure of weekday dump hours are as we usually go there on weekends. my mom does the road ditch cleanup along that road for a ways, think she goes there during the week. I do know ya need to buy tickets for the dump!

not sure when I will be back that way my brother will be there opener provided the ice is off the lakes.

sure hope its raining up there. we are getting enough for everybody down here in the central part of the state. shocked

Some rain, but it's been crazy windy up here the last 2 days. It should be pushing the ice sheets around on the lakes, helping break them up.

Definitely need a warm up though.

Brian

Plenty of rain here(cabin) eek too.Woke up to the ground looking pretty white again only this time from sleet.Took a trip to Duluth yesterday & it was really raining & blowing there.

its so wet around here its crazy. ground actually turned a little white this am. sounds like I may be in grand rapids sunday nite and Monday. may sneak over to the cabin. need to check the area over ya know.

HEY GUNNER...............you gonna be around yet on sunday afternoon. my plans are to head to the cabin and I may try to find ya!!!!!! don't change plans for it though! one never knows what comes up and depends on when I head up there.

Not a problem,will be here through opener at least now. cryLet me know & I'll see if I can give a little better directions.Or I might be able to put up some "This way-Smurfy" signs down at the corner, laugh , so you don't get lost.It'd be pretty cool to meet you,might even have cold one with your name on it.

cool. lets see if I get this right. I turn onto 35 right before RILEY's. go down cross a bridge to a stop sign. that tells me I went past the new access on bowstring past some resorts across the creek/river that comes from sand. and that stop sign goes towards inger or north.

Yep you got the 1st part right but if you stay on 35 & going towards Inger you are going South wink but you've went to far.At the stop sign you have Lakewood Lodge in front of you,take a right(going North)on to the gravel.That is Peaceful Valley Road,the 1st place is an A frame with a for sale sign by the road.We are the next 1 same side of the road.

OK I should find it. that peaceful valley road is that county road a92/176 that runs into 36?

I will be driving a white buick regal.......so don't come out a blazing if ya see that car pull in! gringrin

I see no reason that I wont stop but don't wait around if ya got plans. It should be somewhere in the time frame around 4 pm. or so!!!!!

Nope,the only thing PV Road runs into is Co. 35 at that stop sign.It curves around to the north & west of us to a dead end at the point.Don't worry we don't have any guns that shoot that fast here wink.Great I'll be looking forward to it & I am almost positive we'll be here.Oh yeah almost forgot,we just hung our sign down by the drive.Look for a hillbilly whose taking a nap while he's pretending he's fishing.