• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Nice fish Kettle and good effort to get to the lake. I like all your new equipment. What pole are you using for the LiveScope?

12 hours ago, Hookmaster said:

Nice fish Kettle and good effort to get to the lake. I like all your new equipment. What pole are you using for the LiveScope?

Summit shuttle is the carrying case and I got the pole from them as well. I'm really happy with it. A lot of people harp on the fact a lot of it is 3D printed but the quality and durability is there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

spent a few days at the cabin. fishing was so so...asi get time i'll post pictures but from what startes as good ice conditions turned to slop in a hurry.

but dang wanderer.....i drove by big rice lake today on my way home! you have your family fighting for that chair???? 🤣 there were 4 trucks in the lot and one on the road!!!!!!1

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • Yayyyy 2

So people fightin’ over it when I’m not there?!  Shoulda swing by and freshened up my mark on it - over your mark of course. 🤣

We were in your neighborhood over the weekend.  I had to take a pic of what deerless woods look like as we left. 😉 But they sure are pretty.

696140A7-2E84-4A31-AEFA-94E8ECDB4C42.thumb.jpeg.31511d74190eda6ebc2c55985cf57e10.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Confused 1

That looks like the road to highbanks ??? But a lot of roads look that way with snow on the branches!!!🥴

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

36 minutes ago, smurfy said:

That looks like the road to highbanks ??? But a lot of roads look that way with snow on the branches!!!🥴

Yeah, you know your roads… 🙂

Looks like a fun spearing time you had!  I was hoping to cut a hole on Winnie but there just wasn’t great opportunity for that on their roads.  I got one 21 3/4 on the jig rod though. 

67D83B25-5368-4853-B614-5B58134F51DF.thumb.jpeg.992b2cbe22601b3ab425a0b2e97c2e19.jpeg

Don’t mind the blood,  It’s just the same spot I cleaned the walleyes before. 😉

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 3

what you talkin about willis..........🥴🤣🤣 darn tootin i caught them.......and had a beer for each one.........and mayhaps another beer to clean each one!!!!!!!🤗🤭

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
7 hours ago, smurfy said:

spent a few days at the cabin. fishing was so so...asi get time i'll post pictures but from what startes as good ice conditions turned to slop in a hurry.

but dang wanderer.....i drove by big rice lake today on my way home! you have your family fighting for that chair???? 🤣 there were 4 trucks in the lot and one on the road!!!!!!1

People ice fish that mud hole? 🤔

6 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Depends on the slush I ‘spose. 😉  

It’s a pike lake/paddie/slough/mud hole.

• Wow, ❤ 1

7 hours ago, leech~~ said:

There is a guide that lives just north or Remer, I. Stop and BS with him occasionally. He said there is an area of 12 ft of water that they literally beat the living crap out of it in winter time! The guides are Wheezy outdoors!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Rick G said:

Who caught those for you😂 we all know that Smurf don't fish😂😂😂🤷

And later tonight I'll show you a Smurf knows how to fry those fish!!😉🤪

• Yayyyy 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
13 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Depends on the slush I ‘spose. 😉  

It’s a pike lake/paddie/slough/mud hole.

Suppose kind like Pelican by St Michael was for a bit?  

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, leech~~ said:

Suppose kind like Pelican by St Michael was for a bit?  

Well, it still is.  The crowd figured it was trashed but there’s still fish in it.

I’d eat fish out of Rice long before Pelican though.

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 1

🤔 you guys talking the pelican lake by Monticello also????/ i fished that a few times........the hot bait for tipup pike was hotdogs!!!!!!!!!🤣 usually went on from the Monticello  end..but heard the deeper more productive waters was further south. 

last i heard about it was they really dropped the water level.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, smurfy said:

🤔 you guys talking the pelican lake by Monticello also????

last i heard about it was they really dropped the water level.

Yep.  And they did drop it to help out the ducks.  But fish still swim there.

• Thumbs Up 2

23 hours ago, smurfy said:

I'm sure Rick is waiting in suspense!!🤣 as promised smurfy fried crappies!👍

IMG_20230103_181234217~2.jpg

The aftermath of Winnie walleye dinner tonight. 😉

465881BC-F9C1-4809-A05B-50A8C0944C98.thumb.jpeg.5d80ccfba8629ebd41e6fe1f9844a170.jpeg

EDIT ~ none left.  The granddaughter hit her second wind and claimed the rest in the last 2 minutes. 😄

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 2

them look tasty wanderer.........👍 what you use for batter?????/

i tried for the first time the Andys Cajun on those crappies.........liked it!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, smurfy said:

them look tasty wanderer.........👍 what you use for batter?????/

i tried for the first time the Andys Cajun on those crappies.........liked it!!!!!!!!

50/50 Shorelunch original and seasoned panko.

Deep fried vs pan fried.  Believe it or not they’re less oily outta the deep fryer.

If I see some Andy’s when I get more breading, I’ll try it.

• Thumbs Up 4