• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
4 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Crow Wing Power had a lot of outages up there last night and some still this morning.  Outing got hit hard again that’s quite a bit south of you.

After bad reports at our campground last night. I made a speed run 2hrs up to Nisswa at 2:30am.  We made it ok with boat and life but many others had them ripped right off, lot's of trees down all over.  Ugly storm.  ☹️

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1

14 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Glad things were OK for you.

yea no kidding!!!!!!👍 thats the thing that worries me, i'm 3 1/2 hours away from the cabin and my brother is 7 hours away....so when you hear of bad weather.............

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, smurfy said:

yea no kidding!!!!!!👍 thats the thing that worries me, i'm 3 1/2 hours away from the cabin and my brother is 7 hours away....so when you hear of bad weather.............

Oh, I get that.  I’ve to call up to Ely a few times to ask someone for property checks when we had the camper up there.

• Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, smurfy said:

You can always shoot me a message and I could drive by to make sure everything is okay. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Mike89 said:

don't forget to charge him mileage!!!  

Hey stay outta it.😫🤭🙄 😊

Thanks kettle I may take you up on that sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

Maybe pay him in smoked pike so he can taste some fish instead just crunching down on walleyes all the time! 😉

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 1

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Maybe pay him in smoked pike so he can taste some fish instead just crunching down on walleyes all the time! 😉

👍that can be arranged!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Fished a bigger lake, fish or at least the eaters are on the mid lake humps. Water Temps 68 degrees, freezer now has 6 total as I've been eating fish often. Tomorrow we chase the 30" walleye for catch and release.

20220623_210253.jpg

• Thumbs Up 3

kettle, when are you going to fish for something decent to eat????🤔🤣🤣

nice batch of fish!!!!!!!!!

• Yayyyy 1

kettle....have you chased around any sunfish lately???? kinda wondering if there done spawning???? the last time i was up the sunfish we did clean that had eggs in it didnt even look close to spawning. although i know they seem to carry eggs around most of the summer it seems!!!!!!

Yesterday was a grind to find bigger fish but we landed a few. Only 3 fish overall but they were all nice fish, all C&R. I do believe the sunfish are out of the shallows besides small ones. Thursday I took the nephews out and didn't see any on beds.

51839.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Wow, ❤ 1
  • l Love It 1

Saturday and Sunday were tough days on the water, NW winds post cold front. Got better yesterday and today. Took a retired friend out today and sent him home with 4, should have been 6 but I was off my game. Water Temps around 70. Unfortunately can only fish Thursday as I have to work a few days, this weekend. Safe travels on the Independence weekend!

• Thumbs Up 3

i'll be headed up thursday afternoon. not sure if i'll fish much over the weekend, but if i do it'll be small lakes, lakes that i need to use a12 or 14 ft boat in the back of the truck kinda lake!!!!!👌 i have some projects around the cabin thats been on the honey doo list for some time i need to finish!!!!

come monday afternoon when everyone is headed home...it could be game on!!!!!!!

SO Kettle.......how are the skeeters????? are the deer and horseflies in full stride yet???? the n little ankle biting friggin flies??????

Edited by smurfy

Mosquitoes still here, far less than a few weeks ago. If you are near anywhere wooded that's lower ground you'll need bug spray. Few black flies but nothing too bad. No deer or horse flies yet. Mayfly hatch varies a bit from place to place. Once you're on the water Mosquitoes are not bad. We got more rain tonight but no crazy storms 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fish (walleye) are starting to spread out deeper into summer patterns. Which leads me to chasing the ones left on the weed lines and the evening shallow structure bite. As much as I love catching the golden gravel lizards my fishing will start to slow down as I don't like catching them in 30+ ft deep water. Already looking forward to Oct and Nov fall bites

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

Fish (walleye) are starting to spread out deeper into summer patterns. Which leads me to chasing the ones left on the weed lines and the evening shallow structure bite. As much as I love catching the golden gravel lizards my fishing will start to slow down as I don't like catching them in 30+ ft deep water. Already looking forward to Oct and Nov fall bites

I love it when they leave the weeds and come out to play in deep water! 😍

came back from the cabin yesterday, wish i had a fishing report..but i dont!!!!!!! i NEVER wet a line!!!!!!!🤔🤗 did get a pile of projects done that i've had on my list for up there though!!!!1 👌

skeeters werent real bad, horseflies and deer flies were just starting to show up!!!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Smurfy,

You'll get a kick out of this, dropped some walleye filets off for a friend big into cooking. Was asked to bring pike next time for thicker filets. How do I intentionally catch these buggers? Pull spoons or stick baits on weed lines? Bobbers with suckers? Never targeted them. How fast do I troll?

• Yayyyy 3

5 minutes ago, Kettle said:

Smurfy,

How do I intentionally catch these buggers? Pull spoons or stick baits on weed lines? Bobbers with suckers? Never targeted them. How fast do I troll?

Just troll beer can pull tops, bottle openers, any shiny garbage with a hook on it! 😆

Edited by leech~~
  • Yayyyy 3

36 minutes ago, Kettle said:

Smurfy,

You'll get a kick out of this, dropped some walleye filets off for a friend big into cooking. Was asked to bring pike next time for thicker filets. How do I intentionally catch these buggers? Pull spoons or stick baits on weed lines? Bobbers with suckers? Never targeted them. How fast do I troll?

Red and white daredevils, actually any shiny daredevil. Rapalas work to.  I way prefer trolling over watching a bobber. Cover more area that way . Go about 2 mph and yes along weed lines! My guess this time of year 12-15 ft of water.

Good luck!!👍

• Thumbs Up 2

And up to 3.5-4 mph for the “thicker” ones. 😉

Edited by Wanderer
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, Kettle said:

Smurfy,

Just don't cut them doc fingers of yours on them toothy critters!!👍

• Yayyyy 3

Literally ANY lure will catch pike! And as already stated, your friend has good taste in fish!

• Thumbs Up 2

Pike fishing didn't last long, caught one just a hair under 22" and was marking a ton of nice fish on the weed lines that wouldn't bite a daredevil or husky jerk. Tied on a lindy rig a proceeded to catch a ton of walleye. It's a sign that I'm not supposed to pike fish 

• Yayyyy 2