• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I heard the same but didn’t hear anything on the new owners either.

i had hear a few years ago that one of the people working at the resort wanted to purchase it. the place has been up for sale for a while..think i heard the name Evan thrown around back then???

i watch 3 webcams up the there often, especially during first ice and threw out the winter to gauge the conditions. 2 are on bowstring, one on williams narrows, and the ice has really taken a beating the last few days!!!!!!!!👍

Gunner said he figures ice will be out on sand lake by mid week!!!!!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Edward in Nisswa just went ice out yesterday! 👍

Gull lake however looks pretty iced over yet, but should be gone by opener? 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Edward in Nisswa just went ice out yesterday! 👍

Gull lake however looks pretty iced over yet, but should be gone by opener? 

So I reckon it'll be camperville pretty soon!!!👍

• Thumbs Up 1

looking at the webcams this morning up there the bowstring cams show alot of really black ice and appears most of the ice on the narrows cams is almost gone!!!!!

I'll have a better idea tomorrow, I'm up working by the boarder this weekend. Was definitely high 60s low 70s yesterday, sunny and windy. Rainy and overcast now 

• Thumbs Up 1

Heard ice is out on Roosevelt in Outing. 

The ice on bowstring took a serious beating since this morning!

Portage & the channel out of it, along with our bay were open early yesterday. I would think the small patch we found in the N end of the Boot is gone today as well. Back at the PA we could see some in the N end of the Narrows that may not all be gone yet. Heard that Little Sand was clear yesterday too.  There shouldn't be much, if any left after today, if the forecast is accurate.

webcams up on bowstring shows open water out of bowstring shores for as far as i can see and looks like its pushed up along the geigers shoreline!!!!!!1

Bass Lake just outside of Colerain was open when I drove past it today, however Island Lake by Northome still had ice on it today, this morning downpours now windy and sunny. I'd venture to saw most lakes will be ice free by the weekend. I opted to work this weekend and avoid the crowds and I imagine the fish will be pretty lethargic as well 

56 minutes ago, Kettle said:

Bass Lake just outside of Colerain was open when I drove past it today, however Island Lake by Northome still had ice on it today, this morning downpours now windy and sunny. I'd venture to saw most lakes will be ice free by the weekend. I opted to work this weekend and avoid the crowds and I imagine the fish will be pretty lethargic as well 

Big money in the bank!!👍😂😂

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

Big money in the bank!!👍😂😂

While everyone is heading north to fish I'll actually be heading to Southern MN this weekend to work. Have to pay for the new Garmin unit I bought today

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Kettle said:

While everyone is heading north to fish I'll actually be heading to Southern MN this weekend to work. Have to pay for the new Garmin unit I bought today

Good for you!!!👍👍👍

Jeff Sundin had a nice article regarding minnows for opener.  well if your a minnow guy it wasnt good news. he talked with the new owner of Freds Bait in deer river. says spottail shiners will be all but impossible to have by the weekend. other minnows also. 

and to make matters worse, the leech lake band has put the brakes on anyone non-native from trapping minnows on the leech lake reservation. apparently winnie and leech produce plenty of spottails. and doesnt sound like there are all that many "native" minnow rappers on the res!!!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

headed up to the northland tomorrow morning. first trip of the year open water!!!!👍 looking so forward to it. my brothers been up there all week....he should have all the dumb ones caught......time for me to chase the smarter ones!!!!!!!🤣 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Yayyyy 2

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

headed up to the northland tomorrow morning. first trip of the year open water!!!!👍 looking so forward to it. my brothers been up there all week....he should have all the dumb ones caught......time for me to chase the smarter ones!!!!!!!🤣 

plus he has the tree's picked up and cut up!!!   🤣

Edited by Mike89
  • Yayyyy 1

4 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

plus he has the tree's picked up and cut up!!!   🤣

Yep, about time he starts pulling his weight!!!😂😉

• Yayyyy 1

Nice!

But I can’t see your motor! 🤔

Edited by Wanderer
  • Yayyyy 2

Had walleye last night with the nephews, gave me a chance to go out again this evening for a quick solo 6, water temp 55 degrees, fish 12-14 ft on jigs

20220524_203115.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • I Like it 1

On 5/25/2022 at 6:39 AM, Mike89 said:

Glenn will be jealous!!   🤣👍

Yea what the heck???😱🥴

• Yayyyy 2

well my report is less then impressive. the gnats bit better then the fish. 😣 i never tried for panfish. the weather kept changing and i got skunked on 2 of the 5 lakes i tried. i did get enough pike for pickling though!!!!!!!!

think i need to put a tracker on kettle's rigs!!!!!!🤣🤔

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Saw a guy walking down the road in our camperground with a bucket and filet knife.  

I asked whatch get? He was on his way to filet out 1 beauty of about a 16" black crappie. 😥

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, leech~~ said:

Saw a guy walking down the road in our camperground with a bucket and filet knife.  

I asked whatch get? He was on his way to filet out 1 beauty of about a 16" black crappie. 😥

Super said those big fish genetics won't be passed on

• Thumbs Up 1

Yea a bummer for sure!!🙄

Pretty much the reason I try and wait till the panfish, mainly sunfish are done spawning!!