• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

i keep hearing that this slush wont freeze up. i just cant fathom that with the low temps forecasted it wont?????????

anyone else with thoughts????

Hard to say. The snow is a great insulator and under the ice it's obviously warmer than freezing. I've seen it stay slushy before. If it was minus 20 for two weeks it would probably harden up.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

Hard to say. The snow is a great insulator and under the ice it's obviously warmer than freezing. I've seen it stay slushy before. If it was minus 20 for two weeks it would probably harden up.

Well it looks like it's gonna be close!?

10 hours ago, PRO-V said:

I stopped by Tioga Pit yesterday and it was a mess.

that the one by tioga beach??? we've helped/sponsored the lets go fishing group with there fishing contests out of there!!!!!!

on the particular lake i walked out on there wasnt much snow were i  went. looked like it was all water soaked and starting to freeze up. it wasnt nice clear ice.

Yeah, it's west of the Tioga landing parking area over the hill. Pokegama had a few plowed trails and I saw water in places and where people drove off trail. Buddy took his snowmobile out 5 days ago and said there was slush all over. Looked like only 3 or 4 people fished the pit and it was flooded wherever they walked or punched holes. I passed on it.

i've walked down to that pit. cool little hidden gem. did it once in the winter........they sure werent fishing far from shore. think the wheezy outdoors fish that now and then.

The pit drops off fast. Never go very far out to find fish. A friend just went by north access on Bowstring. Said only 4 fish houses out and two resorts had plowed roads.

What we had here too the last couple nights. Just back from the B store & not many out on Bowstring. Most look to be off TE's roads. Had 2 out here on sleds yesterday. Brrrr!

Edited by gunner55

I used to fish in these temps but I've pretty much got over that. Fishing doesn't seem to be as good during these conditions anyway and I don't have a wheel house to hide in. Once a buddy and I slept in the topper of my truck 8 miles out on Lotw in -32 weather. Won't do that again either.?

• Wow, ❤ 2

37 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

I used to fish in these temps but I've pretty much got over that. Fishing doesn't seem to be as good during these conditions anyway and I don't have a wheel house to hide in. Once a buddy and I slept in the topper of my truck 8 miles out on Lotw in -32 weather. Won't do that again either.?

?;) yea I used to do things like that to. amazing how much smarter one gets when you get, well, more seasoned!!!!!!!?

21 minutes ago, smurfy said:

?;) yea I used to do things like that to. amazing how much smarter one gets when you get, well, more seasoned!!!!!!!?

well poked ya mean!!!!   ?

• Wow, ❤ 1

with another 4-8 inches of snow in the forecast i'm beginning to think my fishing trips north to the cabin are in serious jeapordy. at least till maybe march!!!!!!!!!

• Wow, ❤ 2

Yeah, you better stay home, smurfy. ? Probably catch more. ?  We got  a lot here too. NOT!!!  2 1/2 - 3" at most  

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, gunner55 said:

Yeah, you better stay home, smurfy. ? Probably catch more. ?  We got  a lot here too. NOT!!!  2 1/2 - 3" at most  

?:blink: boy i feel the love here!!!!!!!!:wacko: interseted to hear what this additional snow did to the lakes!!!!

1 hour ago, smurfy said:

?:blink: boy i feel the love here!!!!!!!!:wacko: interseted to hear what this additional snow did to the lakes!!!!

Awh ?.......................................better?;):P

3 minutes ago, PRO-V said:

These conditions will probably save the lives of more than a few fish.

UGH..........your not helping either!!!!!!!!!!!??;)

• Yayyyy 2

23 minutes ago, Mike89 said:

?

awe.........dont you gotta take a 15 mile drive somewhere????????????

3 hours ago, smurfy said:

awe.........dont you gotta take a 15 mile drive somewhere????????????

not tonight!!  she's helping her Dad's situation out...  and hopefully that will be too..  

Man oh man if those temps are anywhere accurate for next week it's gonna be a cold mother up there. Hoping that puts a serious hurt to the slush. Gunner aren't you guys glad you are up there!? and you blame the weather on me! Ha!

• Yayyyy 1