• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be at Jolly Fisherman resort this weekend into early next week-looks like trolling around with crawlers or leeches on a spinner might be the ticket to some action. Anyone with any other ideas/location/depth they could share? Best bait pick-up location up there?

Thanks,

Bob

I just returned from my cabin on Big Elbow and I had pretty good luck using a crawler or leech on a lindy rig. I was fishing in approx. 20 to 23 foot of water. I caught my largest walleye ever on this trip (approx 7.5 lbs and 27 inches). Good Luck and have a great time. I am looking forward to my return trips in Sept and Oct.

Beautiful lake and a great resort=the walleye #s are not great(check the DNR report) size might be good and it is a good lake for other stuff, so keep an open mind. My 2 cents

TH64,

I will have all my northern and bass set-ups and baits in the boat-yup- we'll try a lot of things as time allows-crappies and sunnies welcome too-I did see it takes awhile for the sunfish to grow.

Thanks,

Bob

Back from Big Elbow -we did some limited fishing and caught enough fish for a fish fry. Spotted lots of fish in 25-27 feet in one spot Mon AM , but could not get them to bite.We were fishing with lindy rigs and leeches or nitecrawlers.

On a side note, went to New Horizon Lodge on White Earth Lake on Tues for lunch, and saw a couple walk by with quite a net full of fish.

Bob