• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
th64

Carp!

th64

Small, med. and Large-size and numbers-is it ok to give away an exact location on this site? Well here goes, on White bear out from the channel between the island and the mainland in 3-5 fow gobs ofem. Go from that spot SW to the first dock another big cluster. Are they still there? are they bitting? DUNNO. Never have caught one in my life, ready to switch after a lackluster outing for bass. (8 altogether one was close to 19")Nice day though, beats work.

OnAFly

They will eat flies. Been doing that for a couple years and it's some of the best fishing around town. I might have to give WBL a shot one day.

TomWehler

Small longer shank hook with whole corn works great or lost art of using Dough balls work in minutes...

BIG gob of crawlers can be hot also. But go hunt up yer own as they get spendy nowadayz.

Agree 100% some of the best action around. When the lake was high they would crowd the shore from county beach to island. Every size. Totaly fun ......never did the fly thing for them but seen it done. Love fly fishen...thats for reminder. laugh

Beach at Bald Eagle has huge carp...total power fish.

Ctrl_Alt_Dlt

I was just there. Bass fished from canoe last week and saw many large carp near shallow bays surfacing. I made the mistake of walking on the bridge. Someone told me I had to leave being it was private property.

th64

The people on Manitou Island are trying to protect their great carp fishery!

mnguy152

my best luck is with my bear bow lol.