• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
MedBoy

To the person who stole my waders at West Medicine Lake Park: I have your license plate number

MedBoy

I saw you take them and couldn't believe my eyes. You were fishing in the newly constructed pond area where the stream opens up from the wetlands into the pond in the afternoon. Now, I have no problem with people fishing in what is essentially my backyard and I understand it is an enticing spot after the renovation of the wetlands, but if you're going to be taking things from me that are clearly mine (as i neatly folded them and put them aside in the grass next to an open area where I took them off) then that is a problem.

I have your license plate info and will report you to the authorities and lawyering up if you don't find a way to give them back to me within a week (June 26th). If you happen to frequent this forum and see this, you can pm me and you can return them anonymously no harm done. If you fail to do so, I will be reporting you to the authorities and may God have mercy on your soul, not to mention legal and financial status. They aren't a lot of money, but they were new and a birthday gift to me from my sister, so it does have sentimental value.

Godspeed good sir.

Eric_Kruger

Very noble of you, I wouldnt have given them time. I would have been calling the authorities asap....

OnAFly

Me too...

Kyhl

Very noble of you, I wouldnt have given them time. I would have been calling the authorities asap....

Agreed. Easier to drop the charges later than to explain why you waited so long to report it.

skee0025

And the response will be......he knew I had them and he did nothing to get them back for so long, I assumed they were abandoned. Case closed, you get them back and he faces no disciplinary actions.

Dylan33

not to be an A-hole...but they were in the grass. Where were you? Is it possible that he didn't know they were yours, and that someone may have thought they were abandoned?

Grum

Agreed. Easier to drop the charges later than to explain why you waited so long to report it.

skee0025

. I have no problem with people fishing in what is essentially my backyard

Was it your back yard or not? It may seem like splitting hairs but it makes a world of difference. If your property line was not crossed, no crime was committed, if it was then it is clearly theft. The way I read your statement, the waders were left on property not owned by you, but that abuts yours. You left the waders unattended and when you noticed the individual taking them, you neither identified yourself nor did you let it be known the the waders were yours. Further compounding the problem, you have waited to report the loss/theft for a substantial amount of time, hoping that the individual actually is a member of this forum or reads it. Clearly an unreasonable belief. Unless my reading is incorrect you have no case to support a charge of theft, not only that but it may appear to bolster a claim that the property in question was in fact abandoned.