• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
thatoneguy

wanton waste

thatoneguy

I know there are a few of my neighbors from the Anderson's Cove area who visit this site - a heads up to them: I went to dump some perch guts in the hole on the north 40, and found a bunch of fish dumped there (mostly bass, some pike) that hadn't been filleted, just dumped.

That kind of waste is senseless and doesn't help ANYone out. If you know who in the neighborhood did that, please encourage them to have a little more respect for the resource and either release the fish (ideally) or if they keep them, then clean and eat them.

duck2

ThatOneGuy Hello my response is not about wanton waste. It is about Leech Lake Smallies. In reading a post somewhere else you seem to have some recent experience. Would I have to travel far from my base in the Sucker Bay area to encounter smallies? I assume that they are located on the southern and southeast sections of the lake.

Thanks

hitthebricks

Could this be a case of just cleaning up the beach area? My parents live on a lake where I grew up and one of our chores was to clean the shoreline of weeds and dead fish that washed up.

Slots size and catch and release are great in theory but do kill a lot of fish. Just ask the lakeshore owners on Mile lacs when the bites good.

Not saying this is the case but maybe a possibility,

HTB