• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Bobb-o

Dock Crappies

Bobb-o

Was up at the cabin again this weekend, and was slightly confused at first by the blue clouds mixed in. I was later told that this was actually the color of the sky, guess it has been a while since i have seen it. Got everything unpacked and headed out onto the lake and the bass were everywhere and more than willing to bite. Got my first few fish on a Yum Dinger and then switched over to a crankbait to fish them faster. Didnt seem to matter much to them so I went with the faster presentation.

Saturday morning, the bro-in-law and myself headed out to see if the crappies were where we left them 2 weeks ago. There were a couple of roamers up in the shallows on the public lake. The size was better but it was harder keeping the baits away from the sunfish that seemed to appear out of nowhere to attack them. After a quick lunch break, we headed over to the private lake to see if we could find some crappies near their beds. There were some near the cattails, but it seemed whenever our floats got near the one dock on the entire shoreline, they would immediately go down. So we sat and took turns for a while pitching up tight to the dock (losing several jigs and floats in the process) before we put together some for a fish fry that night. Well, we figured we should prob pull up and grab all of our bobbers and jigs off of the poles of the dock only to see that this property owner had not put all of the sections on his dock. The wind pushed us right up against the dock and when we looked down we were astonished. There was an entire school of crappies sitting around this lone dock on the shoreline. We had a little time left, so we sat and picked them off one by one (catch and release at this point) until our hands were sore from taking them off. I have never seen that many crappies relating to one dock, and it was almost like ice fishing the way you could drop your Watsit down into a certain part of the open dock and pull out a fish.

We thought aboot hitting it again just for fun, but while we were cleaning fish, the neighbors came over to chat and upon seeing the size of the crappies we were cleaning, we overheard a few of them remarking aboot how they planned to follow us out the next day to find them. So instead we went after the bass for a little while before the rain hit. Brittany missed the fun of the crappies while she was away with the younger mutt at a hunt test. The 2-year old farm dog was the only one in her class to get a perfect score, at her first ever hunt test. Except for the rain on Sunday, it was the perfect weekend up north.

DSCN2948_zps0e6e9cbb.jpg

1002962_832332008755_408148977_n_zps193e

JP Z

Thanks for the Report Bobb-O and well done to the Pup!

Sand Burr

I cant believe someone would follow a person on big sandy to find a crappie spot.. The nerve... HA! smile

Great report!;)

Grum

Well, you will never have to worry about fishing alone (for long) on BSL. laugh

and congrats to the Lady with the champ.

Bobb-o

Not on BSL guys, this was in the Crosby area.