• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IRS Targeting

FM_Mike

Quote:
Lois Lerner cautioned against email chatter amid lawmaker probes

Former IRS official Lois Lerner said she warned her colleagues to be careful about what they write in emails amid congressional inquiries, according to new emails released by House Oversight Republicans.

She also asked whether the IRS’s internal messaging system could be searched, in the same email to an IRS colleague. It was sent April 9, 2013, less than two weeks after the IRS inspector general that unearthed the tea party targeting practice shared a draft report with the agency.

“I was cautioning folks about email and how we have had several occasions where Congress has asked for emails and there has been an electronic search for responsive emails — so we need to be cautious about what we say in emails,” she wrote to Maria Hooke, the director of business systems planning for the tax-exempt division. “Someone asked if OCS conversations were also searchable — I don’t know. … Do you know?”

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• upnorth

• LMITOUT

• delcecchi

• FM_Mike

Not even a "Smidgen" of corruption.

What just as bad, is there are people that STILL believe what he said.

Guess that's not really surprising, given the number of posters here that think it's just a PHONEY SCANDAL.

Those true believers have become eerily silent of late. shocked

Maybe another swig of Obama-aid? laugh

Mike

I hope Lois Lerner doesn't go to jail until obama is out of office, so he can't free her when he leaves office. Twenty years sounds good.

Thinking this won't just be stalled until interest in the controversy wanes and then swept under the rug is fantasizing. There is really no part of govt that we hold accountable for the actions/inactions.

On the radio this week a reporter said that the judge in the case told the IRS that they wanted a letter written explaining in detail how the emails could have been lost.

One can only hope that when the executive and legislative branches represented by both parties have been failing us absolutely that the third branch will step in and restore some semblance of order to the government.

On the radio this week a reporter said that the judge in the case told the IRS that they wanted a letter written explaining in detail how the emails could have been lost.

One can only hope that when the executive and legislative branches represented by both parties have been failing us absolutely that the third branch will step in and restore some semblance of order to the government.

• 2 weeks later...

Now IRS Reports EVEN MORE Computer Crashes, Doesn’t Know If Emails Still Exist

IRS Deputy Associate Chief Counsel Thomas Kane said in transcribed congressional testimony that more IRS officials experienced computer crashes, bringing the total number of crash victims to “less than 20,” and also said that the agency does not know if the lost emails are still backed up somewhere.

The new round of computer crash victims includes David Fish, who routinely corresponded with Lois Lerner, as well as Lerner subordinate Andy Megosh, Lerner’s technical adviser Justin Lowe, and Cincinnati-based agent Kimberly Kitchens.

“You stated at the time that document was produced to Congress, the document, the white paper in Exhibit 3[the June 13 memo], that it was accurate to the best of your knowledge. Is it still accurate?,” a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee investigator asked Kane.

“There is an issue as to whether or not there is a ‑‑ that all of the backup recovery tapes were destroyed on the 6‑month retention schedule,” Kane replied.

“So some of those backup tapes may still exist?,” the investigator asked.

“I don’t know whether they are or they aren’t, but it’s an issue that’s being looked at,” Kane said.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/now-ir.../#ixzz389kgQSjx

Mike

What do you expect, they got enough people to vote in Obama and keep supporting him. I'm sure with that in their mind they figure they can easily blind all lemmings in the country. If you believe this missing Hard Drive, deleted email talk you are not at the top of the food chain.

To go through all this lying and excuse making there must be some really big names in those emails. The arrogance they exude in all this is amazing. Just say we lost the emails and the people will just eat it up and it will all go away. There is no accountability.

• 2 weeks later...

(CNSNews.com) - A newly discovered email exchange from Lois Lerner's official IRS email account "directly demonstrates Ms. Lerner's deep animus towards conservatives, which she refers to as '---holes,'" House Ways and Means Committee Chair Dave Camp wrote in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday.

In that Nov. 9, 2012 email, Lerner further suggests that conservatives will ruin the country: "So we don't need to worry about alien teRrorists (sic). It's our own crazies that will take us down," she wrote.

Camp (R-Mich.) told Holder the email "shows that Ms. Lerner's mistreatment of conservative groups was driven by her personal hostility toward conservatives."

Camp said he also has discovered that Lerner used her personal email to conduct official business,including confidential tax return information, and he once again urged the Justice Department to ramp up its investigation:

"While the Committee has not seen any evidence of a serious investigation by your Department, it is my sincere hope that in light of this new, strong evidence that you immediately begin aggressively investigating this matter or appoint a special counsel."

Camp warned that failure to do so "will only further erode public trust" in the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department.

Ways and Means is one of three congressional committees investigating the way the IRS, during Lerner's tenure, handled groups seeking tax-exempt status. The IRS admits that conservative groups were singled out for inappropriate scrutiny and delay before the 2012 election.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susa...r-Conservatives

(CNSNews.com) - A newly discovered email exchange from Lois Lerner's official IRS email account "directly demonstrates Ms. Lerner's deep animus towards conservatives, which she refers to as '---holes,'" House Ways and Means Committee Chair Dave Camp wrote in a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday.

In that Nov. 9, 2012 email, Lerner further suggests that conservatives will ruin the country: "So we don't need to worry about alien teRrorists (sic). It's our own crazies that will take us down," she wrote.

Camp (R-Mich.) told Holder the email "shows that Ms. Lerner's mistreatment of conservative groups was driven by her personal hostility toward conservatives."

Camp said he also has discovered that Lerner used her personal email to conduct official business,including confidential tax return information, and he once again urged the Justice Department to ramp up its investigation:

"While the Committee has not seen any evidence of a serious investigation by your Department, it is my sincere hope that in light of this new, strong evidence that you immediately begin aggressively investigating this matter or appoint a special counsel."

Camp warned that failure to do so "will only further erode public trust" in the Internal Revenue Service and the Justice Department.

Ways and Means is one of three congressional committees investigating the way the IRS, during Lerner's tenure, handled groups seeking tax-exempt status. The IRS admits that conservative groups were singled out for inappropriate scrutiny and delay before the 2012 election.

That in itself breaks a number of rules no leader in any capacity should break. Personal email like gmail, yahoo, msn, hotmail etc are nowhere near secure enough for personal or business financial information. PCI, Sarbanes–Oxley Act and the like really frown on that kind of stuff. I have seen people get fired on the spot for those kind of infractions.

It might be a good time to consider bringing back tarring and feathering.

• 3 months later...

Up to 30,000 missing emails sent by former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner have been recovered by the IRS inspector general, five months after they were deemed lost forever.

The U.S. Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) informed congressional staffers from several committees on Friday that the emails were found among hundreds of “disaster recovery tapes” that were used to back up the IRS email system.

“They just said it took them several weeks and some forensic effort to get these emails off these tapes,” a congressional aide told the Washington Examiner.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/30000-missing-emails-from-irs-lerner-recovered/article/2556522

2014-03-05T214450Z_1_CBREA241OEV00_RTROP

Mike