• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
seaner

muskie

seaner

thinking about trying it for muskie opener. never fished it early season, let alone early with these lower temps. worth a shot or is the water still too cold?

minniwinni91

I assume that most of the fish will be up really shallow and from my experience these fish are exponentially harder to catch when there up shallow spawning. Plus I really dont like the idea of pulling them off their beds but i assume that if the weeds are up in the back of some of the bays that you could maybe pick up a few. With how clear the water is this year boat controll is gonna be key along with speeding up your retrieves, gives the fish less time to figure out what your throwing at them especially with the clear water. Isle, Whakon, and cove would be where i would try along with northend sand.

hagcel

have any luck?

I raised a real lazy one from dock on saturday on a believer. came up, hit it with her tail and swam away.

almost everyone i talked to had been seeing them in the harbors last week but they seem to have moved to deeper water now.

maxpower117

In not sure how bad it would be to pull them off their beds. I'd bet that more than 90% of all fish caught were stocked fish.

hart0670

Does anyone know of any links to videos showing tactics or the like for targeting muskie or northerns on Mille Lacs? I have seen a lot of these videos for walleye and perch, but don't think I've seen any for northerns or muskies.

Shammy

Get on youtube and watch Keys Outdoors, or subscribe to Mike Keys channel. It is you tube videos of them mostly fishing in Minnesota but other places as well. They are great vids and very informative and his guests are some of the best sticks in the biz. They offer many tips on their approach to catching big ski's.

minniwinni91

Talked with my old man yesterday and he got a 48in on friday in about 12FOW he was long lining a Black and Orange terminator spinner bait trolling from one spot to the other. He said she was pretty beat up looked like she just got done spawning. I could only assume this is the case with most of them now so I would start to look for fish in the post spawn spots off the breaks and suspended neer the spawing areas but just out in the deeper water. Usually the cabbage is hot this time of year but with the late ice the cabbage is slim so far!