• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any reports from the sand?

Lip'em

Just wondering if anyone is finding eyes in the malmo sand break area? Typically I'm a mud flats guy by memorial weekend but been hearing good reports of fish being caught up shallow. Thinking maybe the 10 to 15 foot sand break could be good soon if not already?

I have had very little luck in the sand. Try it every time i hit the lake, but never produces. Would rather be dragging a flat. Even trolling cranks in the sandy shallows has been useless. For me personally. Again, if I am going shallow, I am pitching jigs or slippin a bobber on a reef. All depends where you are staying as well.

In the years prior to this crazy year I usually open up on the North end and fish the sand. I always have my best luck catching keepers in the sand. And then move out to catch some picture fish later on in the day. Malmo can be super hot. Last year my hot ticket was a two tone red and yellow hook with a dark red bead. Out fished what the other two people in my boat were using 8 to 1 until they got jealous and switched but that was last year. Good luck hopefully you have some bend to your rod soon. Only bad thing is now I cant find those hooks anywhere in the St Cloud area. And I only have two left but the paint is all chipped off from fish slamming them. So if you find some set a few aside for me haha. I believe mustad makes them

You would think that the sand would be going good now. That's usually a good opener spot, and with the late ice out, this weekend will be more like opener.

That's where I'll be in the mornings.

I fished the sand for years early

the key is very slow and fish that first break what ever it may 9-12ft

rig with a 6 -7ft snell

slow is key

also find small ares of gravel on the sand