• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WIld vs. Hawks

toughguy

Get da beach balls out on hempfur! Dat century link brunette gal is something! Skol FSN babes!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• Improvedarock

• schmitty3

• toughguy

Oh yea yeo yeo is gonna be in the soupline! Way to goon yourself up yeo yeo. Pussywillow!

Heard a rumor JP Parise will be the wild head coach next year. He already stated there will be willy Plett like play even in the pre-season. He wants a blue collar team who wants to win! Dino Ciccerelli will be backing up JP as assistant coach. JP also stated he's sick of not starting a bench clearing brawl to setup game five! Wes walz wants to play even god! I can see mikko getting traded, Healy is gone, backstrom is gone, PMB is done, hardings gone. Hmm way to spend 20 percent of cap a season on 2 players who didn't do shizznizz! Skol Vikings hahaha:)

Hey Yeo, Let's switch up the PP lines. They AREN'T working!!!!

The second goal by Chicago really hurt. Players lost some confidence in Keumper at that point and you can't really blame them.

We have to face it... Chicago is a way better team than us. We would have to play an absolutely perfect game to beat them, clear the zone, not "cleared, but not out". No icing, can't afford to have so many defensive zone face offs. Obviously, score on power plays.

I think our future is looking very good, we're just not there yet.

Now we all know how crucial it was for us to take that #6 seed like we should have. Vancouver is out in four.

Quote:
We have to face it... Chicago is a way better team than us.

yup, Better team, better penalty kill than our power play, better goalies. I just keep reminding myself, we are an "up and coming team" so I could care less if Parise isn't scoring on every shot and we spend a godzillion dollars on 2 guys. I still think we are playing a good gameplan against a very good team. No different than the twins a couple years ago getting fed to the yankees, we're just happy to be there.

Now we all know how crucial it was for us to take that #6 seed like we should have. Vancouver is out in four.

Does it really matter? So we maybe would have made it out of the first round. But to be the best you have to beat the best and Chicago is clearly the best team in the west right now.

Does it really matter? So we maybe would have made it out of the first round. But to be the best you have to beat the best and Chicago is clearly the best team in the west right now.

Heck yes it matters! I want to watch Wild hockey as long as possible. Plus the additional revenue for the team and for St.Paul is HUGE.

I get your point, if we don't win the whole thing, then whats the point...but come on, wouldn't you rather be playing next round?

Yep the Hawks are just too good, was hoping for more fight in this one but Chicago just kind of did there thing slowly let the air out of the building. Sucks having Backs and Harding go down but you can't really blame the goalie either, yes Kuemper let in a couple of soft goals but when you go 0 for 6 on PP and lay a goose egg you deserve to lose. 0 for 15 on PP for the series, that is just plain ugly.

Odds of us taking the next game in Chicago are low, winning 3 in a row is just about impossible but I would love to have one more home game to give us a chance.

I really don't think the Hawks have looked as much better as you guys are saying. Game 1 could have gone either way and was pretty equal, yea they out played us game 2, but we really out played them in game 3. Then last night I thought it was pretty equal, Kuempfer gave up 2 really soft goals, and Koivu gift wrapped the first one. We had our chances on the pp, but couldn't get the puck to the net. We ended up outshooting them, difference was the pp and goalies.

If we played em 10 times they might win 9.
How about if we play em 5? They win 4?

Come on guys, some of you sound like vikings fans. Way too high of expectations for this year.

Last year a #12 seed, this year and 8. That is sizeable improvement. Shortened season, lots of new players these things dont come together overnight.

Look at Suter for example. The first month or so of the season he was terrible. Now, he is pretty much lights out. We have completely SHUT DOWN their top line.

Crawford is not a game changer in net, they are just blocking the heck out of the shots we get and we are not getting many other quality chances. I would love to see Zucker, Parise, Coyle, Pomminville and Suter on the PP. Speed, size, tenacity, puck movement.

We have some great "fixtures" on this team to build around. I expected them to make the playoffs this year, but that was it. Anything better than a first round playoff loss is gravy IMO.

I still contend that one of the biggest problems was the amount of games Backstrom played. He always gets hurt, what happened minutes before the game 1? We werent prepared for that at all.

This offseason will be interesting. I would not be surprised to see the wild go after some more skilled players, not ones to command the money of Parise and Suter, but guys that are skilled.

HALE!!! High Asperations Low Expectations (ie Common Man Progrum)

I really don't think the Hawks have looked as much better as you guys are saying. Game 1 could have gone either way and was pretty equal, yea they out played us game 2, but we really out played them in game 3. Then last night I thought it was pretty equal, Kuempfer gave up 2 really soft goals, and Koivu gift wrapped the first one. We had our chances on the pp, but couldn't get the puck to the net. We ended up outshooting them, difference was the pp and goalies.

I agree for the most part. The gap between us isn't as large as I had thought earlier in the season. And frankly at this point I don't see the Hawks winning the next series let alone the West unless they play much better.

The Hawks only lost 7 games in regulation, Wild lost 19. I see a pretty big talent/depth gap there. Not something we couldn't overcome on any given night but in a playoff series its not looking good. I don't think that Chicago has looked all that amazing either but that might say something about us, they look kind meh and they are still up 3-1.

Hopefully we can close that gap next year. Not to mention the potential growth of the young guys, if they can each step up a little that can make a big impact over the course of a season.

I don't think that Chicago has looked all that amazing either but that might say something about us, they look kind meh and they are still up 3-1.

I think this is largely because of how we are playing them. I wouldnt say they are playing their best, but I think the Wild can be credited for how "meh" chicapo looks. The one game they looked good was Game 2 and that was definitely not a good game by the wild, but really roll the dice on the other 3 and either team could have won them. You shut down their top line that says a lot in itself.

True CM, we have kind of done a good job of shutting them down but if we can't score all that shut down is wasted. We have kept Toews and Hossa in check but Kane and Sharp are killing us, not to mention that turd Bickell with 3 goals.

Looks like a regular season game out there. I like Montreal and the sens series. Now that's playoff hockey!

Right kudos for shutting down the big guys but don't turn a slug into a superstar. The pp is anemic.

The pp is anemic.

That is probably the biggest thing keeping this series from being tied or us up. If we could have scored just 1 time on the power play in the first game in regulation the series would be tied.

Hoppe - Does is matter? Yes. Making it out of the first round is better for the club, not only for the experience, but for the fan support and financials.

So do or die time, we will see if the boys have any gas left in the tank.

Sounds like all 3 goalies are in Chicago and Yoe is going to surprise us with a starter.

Sounds like all 3 goalies are in Chicago and Yoe is going to surprise us with a starter.

Its like Christmas morning I cannot wait to see what Im going to get. LOL

Not knowing the severity of Harding or Backstrom's injuries I hope Kuemper plays.

If they are good to go, then whoever is healthiest.

I know the series isn't officially over, but looking out to next year, I am really excited to see the Wild play the Hawks 5 times next year. (I think that's right)

I for one do not want to see Darcy play tonight. He simply does not have the NHL experience to be playing agains the Hawks in the playoffs.

If either Backs or Harding is close to being ready, what are we saving them for? Its not like a concussion that would do permanent damage. Roll with one of our experienced guys and give the skaters a little more confidence out there.

Sounds like Harding was laboring when getting up each time today. Yeo had long discussion with Backstrom and Coach Mason that ended with stick slap on Backy's butt. Hard to tell who will be in there.

Either way, we need to find a way to get the puck in Their net.

Harding got the nod, Keumpfer backing up. Russo didn't sound too optimistic on Harding...

Its not like a concussion that would do permanent damage. Roll with one of our experienced guys and give the skaters a little more confidence out there.
Are you saying one of them has a concussion? First I heard that. Harding's injury clearly seemed lower body, knee or groin to me.

I agree with your points of Darcy not experienced, but man, the thought of an partially healthy Backstrom, who got destroyed against Edmonton healthy scares me.

I would rather have an inexperienced healthy athletic kid in there to combat the Hawks' puck movement.

Even at that Im sure its Backstrom that starts, but he will have a short leash.

There just gonna go all in and pull da goalie and skate 6 on 5 da whole game.

Are you saying one of them has a concussion? First I heard that.

No, I guess I didn't state it very well. I was saying his injury was not like a concussion where you'd be worried about long term effects from getting reinjured.

My point was that we are 5 months away from the start of the next regular season. Its do or die time, so if someone is semi marginal, you have to consider playing them.