• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Oops, guess the files were too big to get Pelican in there. Guess you'll just have to trust me...

The creek that runs into Leaf from Dahlberg lake is full of Northerns right now,

It's going fast! Walleyes were stacked thick at Dunton Locks and bucks mill: A few suckers starting to show up as well. We lost ice on "our" lake today, that typically takes 3-4 days to lose. Lots of small bodies turning black, there will be fishable water on Saturday. The Pelican River opened up all the way to little Pelican, with the "crappie bay" being wide open today: Lots of shallow bays are now open. That sun has some serious power right now, and if night temps stay up, we will see major changes in a few days, is my prediction.

things do change fast then stopped by there sat and there was only 3 little dink northerns at the dam

Major changes is right, I just don't think they be major enough grin

I see ice remaining on the lakes for another 2 weeks minimum. There should be some fishable bays opening up here and there, where there is flow. I'm a little north of detroit lakes and haven't seen much to brag about yet. Heck, I could probably ice fish tonight, in all honesty! But I think my stuff will remain packed away.

Wind seems to be picking up a bit this afternoon, we need some strong winds to start moving it around and if that rain comes tomorrow that will help immensely. Keep your fingers crossed!

I heard guys were still running 4-wheelers out to the sunny hole out on height o land as of last nite

Come on guys, I'm trying to will mother nature into melting the ice with optimism! :-)

Suckers are in the rivers around the area. Found them in 3 spots tonight.

I was heading out friday night for some ice fishing, stopped at the creek and saw some slimers in there doing their business! I wouldn't mind getting after some suckers to bend a rod, may have to head south to get a line wet!

Any significant changes in conditions with the 70 degree weather today? Anyone checked smaller lakes like Leafe?

My coworker said lake Audubon opened up today and he thinks Boyer will open up tomorrow if we get the wind.

I heard Silver near Hawley is open, but I have not checked.

South end of Little D is about 25% open, Deadshot Bay is opening nicely and should go within next couple of days...Big D is a week away IMO, unless we get the winds tomorrow the Weather Band system I have is predicting...they are saying possible 40mph gusts tomorrow. Cold Sat night with frost and temps down into the 20's....not sure I believe that but this is what is being reported by the Regional weather service. With slow ice removal water temps are staying low so spawn is going to be strange this late in the year IMO.

Sallie is blocked off by river so no fishing. Signs are in the water

little detroit is about 25% open. i would guess it will be more than 75% by the end of today.

We had a place reserved at Cedar Crest and cancelled it. I just hope some open water is to be found tomorrow or Sunday to at least run my boat motor some. I am going to take a look at silver but if that is only one of the few lakes open I can about imagine how busy that access is going to be.

The wind changed thing a lot. looks like most of leaf is off but I haven't been by the access. Its worth looking around as I think there is some open water

Where we found no ice we found fish...shallow. Done by 8:30am....just got too cold and windy...even out of the wind LOL....kept 8 plus let a pig go 29.5" 10lbs, some pics below.

full-39626-33004-seeleyeye5_11_13.jpg

full-39626-33005-eyes15_11_13.jpg

Nice fish BBF any reports on the ice on Lida and South Lida. Busy working won't make it fishing till Wednesday or Thursday.

Drove by before noon. Lida looked to be about 75%-80% open, Didn't see any ice on South Lida.