• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

.22LR targets?

here's my question:

What makes an entertaining, long-life, plinking target for a .22LR rifle?

I've seen various metal targets, but with a wide price range I have no idea what kind of life expectancy various ones on the market have out there. Resetting targets look kind of cool, but maybe spinning targets have advantages?

I have a flipping critters walking target and really like it. Only have a few hundred rounds on it though so cant tell you about life expectancy.

I plan to pick up one of those walking cube type targets when the snow is gone to do some pinking. I have the hanging gong type and those work also. I've never shot the swinging reset type but I'm sure they'd work just fine.

Check out the dueling tree by action target. They have a website and they are on youtube.

My kids and I shoot at the rimfire model and we have a blast. It gets your heartbeat up trying to hit accurately, dropping mags and reloading as quick as possible to try and clear your side of target plates.

A buddy built me something like this:

full-1122-31522-imagesca1bs30n.jpg

except mine has 7 targets all the same size. We call it the Spinney Thingy Dealey or the STD. We usually throw out some beer cans on the ground and some in the small trees\bushes at various distances and the object is to hit every target in order and if you miss its the next guys turn. But will probably invest in some new stuff this year, I saw that dueling tree and that looks interesting.

H2 Target Baby boomers exploding targets that can be set off by .22

full-2263-31617-babyboomerslg.jpg

Also havea 1/2 lber that really makes a bang!

They are fun to shoot and suprise the kids and adults when they go off.

I've got one that pivots horizontally. I've been trying to wear that thing out with LR and mags for something like 20 years. Have to repaint the paddles quite often.