• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

"Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"! Post please......

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see what is shared. Just 99 cents to join. Click here please.

Because you want others to share great outdoor information with you!!!! Share what you 'love about your area'.

EMOJI those posts you 'appreciate, please.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Moonshine

Greg Jennings

Nick Kuhn

Apparently he has reached an agreement with the Vikings.

Scott K

It's a done deal

Dave S

I can already hear PA's call... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

I've got a feeling we'll be hearing that more than once. grin

LABS4ME

Early word.. 5 year deal. Be interesting how high he pushed them. I figured no one in the league would do more than a three year... This my have been the way to get him his desired money stretched over a longer period.

Good Luck!

Ken

Moonshine

I can already hear PA's call... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

Sorry, quick correction from an above post.

PA states, "Ponder exits the game completely in hand, 29 of 30 for 352 yards"...

... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

zepman

Early word.. 5 year deal. Be interesting how high he pushed them. I figured no one in the league would do more than a three year... This my have been the way to get him his desired money stretched over a longer period.

Good Luck!

Ken

Length of contract really means nothing...it's the guaranteed money that counts.

Very nicely done Vikes! Jennings is a perfect fit for Ponder.

LMITOUT

Sorry, quick correction from an above post.

PA states, "Ponder exits the game completely in hand, 29 of 30 for 352 yards"...

2013 Preposterous Statement nominee.

DrJuice1980

I still hope we draft a wideout 1sr round

BuckSutherland

Vikings sign WR Greg Jennings (5 year, $47.5M; $18M guaranteed):

What a stupid move. I take back anything good I said about Pukeman. Hope you enjoy the toliet DR pukejuice and Slobs. Donkbridge should be happy too.

CJH

Insert Jennings HERE:

full-14237-31119-senior_living_packers_v

YiGGiN4SLoBS

What? We signed Jennings? HOW? I was told he didnt want to come here...

I dont see how this isnt a good move. Even if it fails miserably the FO is showing the fans its serious about winning. He doesnt improve the offense in a couple years and isnt producing- cut him! Now Ponder has ZERO excuses either. He stinks up the joint this year, cut him too! I LOVE IT! I think all you Nay-sayers will enjoy watching a PROFESSIONAL wr catching passes rather then the turds covered in burnt hair we were trotting out there the last two years.

I finally can say, "bravo spielman"

NOW- LB, WR, CB, DLine in the draft and i will actually be looking forward to seeing what next season has to bring

IF spielman can do AT least as good of job as last year in the draft to add 3 or 4 more starters this team should be very interesting next year.

DrJuice1980

How can anybody be upset about the move? We got exactly what we needed, a #1WR, veteran, smart player, hands, everything. This is a great signing. He's going to take attention off the run. Do you haters really think that last year opposing D coordinators sat in the pre week meeting talking about stopping Jenkins, Arom, Simpson? Do you think they thought about how they're going to cover those guys? Seriously.

luckydog25

Great move by the Vikes. Looks to me like they gave him a long term deal that they can get out of. 18 mil guaranteed. He produces or he is gone. He is only 29 CJH...not a grey hair on his head! Haven't you seen the old spice commercials! If it works out as good as the last couple over the hill packers we have signed we are in good shape (sharper, favre).

hugonian1

Dump Harvin, get some high draft picks for him, and now get Jennings.

The moves are win, win, win.

We will see how things play out but so far it is looking good.

LMITOUT

JeffB

Well hopefully now the pack can release a few more players so they can give Aaron and Clay the 25 and 15 million they want.

fishersofmen

Good deal. They knew they had to get this done and they pulled it off. Jered deserves a bonus cause we all know it was him that did the sweet talking. However lets not forget we just lost one of the best slot receivers in the game. They need to add another one in the draft.

You can't blame these guys for wanting to cross the border into a modern society that isn't shadowed by incest and beer farts.....

Moonshine

You can't blame these guys for wanting to cross the border into a modern society that isn't shadowed by incest and beer farts.....

zepman

What they really need right now is to sign Alexander or Heyward-Bey on the outside and let them blow the top off the defense. That'll open up Jennings, Rudolph and Wright to work the middle.

AP would like that too...

YiGGiN4SLoBS

LMFAO! My thoughts exactly!

YiGGiN4SLoBS

What they really need right now is to sign Alexander or Heyward-Bey on the outside and let them blow the top off the defense. That'll open up Jennings, Rudolph and Wright to work the middle.

AP would like that too...

How much do we have left to spend? Looks like Jennings takes up roughly just over 9 mil in cap space, correct??? Spielman obvioiusly thinks Chong Simpson can blow the top off the defense, which is ludicrous, but i dont think we're gonna sign anyone else through FA unless its a LB....

I think Alexander has some sort of tender on him... but i believe its only a 5th or 6th rd. Id rather have him then heyward bust.

mrklean

Sad to see Jennings leave the pack but for that kind of money you guys can have him, i think Cobb fit in pretty dang good last year and hes only going to get better.

DrJuice1980

Heyward-Bey? Come on, I really hope you weren't serious. That guy is pure arse. Alexander? That guys weaker than circus lemonade. Zep, you had decent insight earlier but have been very sketchy as of late.

zepman

Heyward-Bey? Come on, I really hope you weren't serious. That guy is pure arse. Alexander? That guys weaker than circus lemonade. Zep, you had decent insight earlier but have been very sketchy as of late.

Alexander is 6'5" and 225...sounds pretty weak to me. Absolute beast last year for the Chargers.

Heyward-Bey doesn't need to be good...although he's not as bad as you may think. He just needs to keep safeties off the LOS...which his 4.3 speed would definately do.

YiGGiN4SLoBS

Zep- Alexander was a stud last year. If anyone is injury prone he could be it though. Hasnt he got 2 fake knee's? What would we have left to sign him? You put him next to Jennings and the vikes could wait until the 3rd or 4th rd to take a wr and go all defense in the first and second

DrJuice1980

Alexander is a hitch route at Soldier Field away from another knee injury and on IR. Not worth it.

zepman

He's had cartlidge problems with his knees that he's had cleaned up quite a bit. He was finally healthy about the mid point last year. He has no tender on him and it would cost the Vikes maybe 2-4M tops to bring the guy in.

Spielman likes to take chances with guys like this and I can't think of a better player to bring in right now to take a chance on.

IMO, the potential reward on this guy far out-weighs the risk(price)....

DrJuice1980

Those injuries just don't go away. Remember Terrell Davis? Not worth the risk, that meniscus doesn't re-grow buddy. He's circus lemonade. Plus you know I'm on that Patterson pick hard core. Way better option.

zepman

The Vikings will be drafting MLB and DT in the 1st now that Jennings is signed...your Patterson dream just left the building when Jennings entered it.