• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Greg Jennings

Moonshine

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

• zepman

I can already hear PA's call... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

I've got a feeling we'll be hearing that more than once. grin

Early word.. 5 year deal. Be interesting how high he pushed them. I figured no one in the league would do more than a three year... This my have been the way to get him his desired money stretched over a longer period.

Good Luck!

Ken

I can already hear PA's call... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

Sorry, quick correction from an above post.

PA states, "Ponder exits the game completely in hand, 29 of 30 for 352 yards"...

... Cassel drops back, he's looking deep, he's got Jennings down the sideline...touchdown!!!

Early word.. 5 year deal. Be interesting how high he pushed them. I figured no one in the league would do more than a three year... This my have been the way to get him his desired money stretched over a longer period.

Good Luck!

Ken

Length of contract really means nothing...it's the guaranteed money that counts.

Very nicely done Vikes! Jennings is a perfect fit for Ponder.

Sorry, quick correction from an above post.

PA states, "Ponder exits the game completely in hand, 29 of 30 for 352 yards"...

2013 Preposterous Statement nominee.

Vikings sign WR Greg Jennings (5 year, $47.5M; $18M guaranteed):

What a stupid move. I take back anything good I said about Pukeman. Hope you enjoy the toliet DR pukejuice and Slobs. Donkbridge should be happy too.

What? We signed Jennings? HOW? I was told he didnt want to come here...

I dont see how this isnt a good move. Even if it fails miserably the FO is showing the fans its serious about winning. He doesnt improve the offense in a couple years and isnt producing- cut him! Now Ponder has ZERO excuses either. He stinks up the joint this year, cut him too! I LOVE IT! I think all you Nay-sayers will enjoy watching a PROFESSIONAL wr catching passes rather then the turds covered in burnt hair we were trotting out there the last two years.

I finally can say, "bravo spielman"

NOW- LB, WR, CB, DLine in the draft and i will actually be looking forward to seeing what next season has to bring

IF spielman can do AT least as good of job as last year in the draft to add 3 or 4 more starters this team should be very interesting next year.

How can anybody be upset about the move? We got exactly what we needed, a #1WR, veteran, smart player, hands, everything. This is a great signing. He's going to take attention off the run. Do you haters really think that last year opposing D coordinators sat in the pre week meeting talking about stopping Jenkins, Arom, Simpson? Do you think they thought about how they're going to cover those guys? Seriously.

Great move by the Vikes. Looks to me like they gave him a long term deal that they can get out of. 18 mil guaranteed. He produces or he is gone. He is only 29 CJH...not a grey hair on his head! Haven't you seen the old spice commercials! If it works out as good as the last couple over the hill packers we have signed we are in good shape (sharper, favre).

Dump Harvin, get some high draft picks for him, and now get Jennings.

The moves are win, win, win.

We will see how things play out but so far it is looking good.

Well hopefully now the pack can release a few more players so they can give Aaron and Clay the 25 and 15 million they want.

Good deal. They knew they had to get this done and they pulled it off. Jered deserves a bonus cause we all know it was him that did the sweet talking. However lets not forget we just lost one of the best slot receivers in the game. They need to add another one in the draft.

You can't blame these guys for wanting to cross the border into a modern society that isn't shadowed by incest and beer farts.....

You can't blame these guys for wanting to cross the border into a modern society that isn't shadowed by incest and beer farts.....

What they really need right now is to sign Alexander or Heyward-Bey on the outside and let them blow the top off the defense. That'll open up Jennings, Rudolph and Wright to work the middle.

AP would like that too...

LMFAO! My thoughts exactly!

What they really need right now is to sign Alexander or Heyward-Bey on the outside and let them blow the top off the defense. That'll open up Jennings, Rudolph and Wright to work the middle.

AP would like that too...

How much do we have left to spend? Looks like Jennings takes up roughly just over 9 mil in cap space, correct??? Spielman obvioiusly thinks Chong Simpson can blow the top off the defense, which is ludicrous, but i dont think we're gonna sign anyone else through FA unless its a LB....

I think Alexander has some sort of tender on him... but i believe its only a 5th or 6th rd. Id rather have him then heyward bust.

Sad to see Jennings leave the pack but for that kind of money you guys can have him, i think Cobb fit in pretty dang good last year and hes only going to get better.

Heyward-Bey? Come on, I really hope you weren't serious. That guy is pure arse. Alexander? That guys weaker than circus lemonade. Zep, you had decent insight earlier but have been very sketchy as of late.

Heyward-Bey? Come on, I really hope you weren't serious. That guy is pure arse. Alexander? That guys weaker than circus lemonade. Zep, you had decent insight earlier but have been very sketchy as of late.

Alexander is 6'5" and 225...sounds pretty weak to me. Absolute beast last year for the Chargers.

Heyward-Bey doesn't need to be good...although he's not as bad as you may think. He just needs to keep safeties off the LOS...which his 4.3 speed would definately do.

Zep- Alexander was a stud last year. If anyone is injury prone he could be it though. Hasnt he got 2 fake knee's? What would we have left to sign him? You put him next to Jennings and the vikes could wait until the 3rd or 4th rd to take a wr and go all defense in the first and second

Alexander is a hitch route at Soldier Field away from another knee injury and on IR. Not worth it.

He's had cartlidge problems with his knees that he's had cleaned up quite a bit. He was finally healthy about the mid point last year. He has no tender on him and it would cost the Vikes maybe 2-4M tops to bring the guy in.

Spielman likes to take chances with guys like this and I can't think of a better player to bring in right now to take a chance on.

IMO, the potential reward on this guy far out-weighs the risk(price)....

Those injuries just don't go away. Remember Terrell Davis? Not worth the risk, that meniscus doesn't re-grow buddy. He's circus lemonade. Plus you know I'm on that Patterson pick hard core. Way better option.

The Vikings will be drafting MLB and DT in the 1st now that Jennings is signed...your Patterson dream just left the building when Jennings entered it.