• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Greg Jennings

Moonshine

Greg Jennings visiting the Vikings

APFree agent receiver Greg Jennings may be leaving Green Bay but staying in the NFC North.

Jennings is visiting the Vikings today, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports.

The Vikings have been widely reported to be interested in Jennings, especially after they traded away Percy Harvin and needed to pick up a playmaker in their passing game. Jennings would add an element to Minnesota’s offense that’s currently missing. The Vikings know first-hand how good Jennings can be; his best game last year was an eight-catch, 120-yard, two-touchdown performance in Minnesota.

The 29-year-old Jennings had a disappointing, injury-plagued season in 2012, but he’s still a difference maker, and he’s the top unrestricted free agent who’s still available on our Free Agent Hot 100.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

• zepman

If they can sign him for less then 7 million a year, with not much for guaranteed money, then I am all for it. If they mortgage the farm for a has been, that is injury prone, then they are insane.

As a Packer fan I can say I was glad he rejected the 10M offer tendered by the team... HE IS NO WHERE WORTH 10 MIL A YEAR! Way more pressing needs to spend that kind of money.

God Bless the Vikings if they want to pay him that! He is good... about 6 Mil a year good. He is not worth more than Welker. I'm sure Mr. Jennings is getting nervous now that the salary bar is being lowered each passing day and each signing after the Wallace signing... He turned down the Packers offer a couple weeks back stating he is seeking 11 Mil minimum... go gettum'! Bye Bye! We'll just keep building underneath. Maybe we can pawn Finnley off on you too...

Good Luck!

Ken

If they can sign him for less then 7 million a year, with not much for guaranteed money, then I am all for it. If they mortgage the farm for a has been, that is injury prone, then they are insane.

Far from a has been! He;s 29 for God's sake. And his injury was a torn muscle in his abdominal muscle. I wouldn't say he was injury prone. He still managed to play in 8 games last season and played to a high level... He played 13 games the year before and prior to that I can't remember any real injuries. He is a solid reciever with good hands and very rarely fumbles... in fact I can't remember the last time he fumbled....

With all that said, not worth the money he seeks.

Good Luck!

Ken

Personally, I'd like to see the Vikings sign him for about 6 mil per year, and not a penny more. If they could pull that one off, then use the 1st round pick they got for Harvin and go get Victor Cruz. That would be two incredible receivers to compliment AP. If Rudoulph perfroms and Wright lives up to the hype, that is one stacked offense. Use the draft to shore up the Defensive needs and the Vikings are contenders at once.

That would be nice in an unlimited money market, but we dont have the cap to do it. Cruz is looking for a payday, 13 million it sounds like. Isnt going to happen.

Personally, I'd like to see the Vikings sign him for about 6 mil per year, and not a penny more.

Ha... he'd still be a Packer if he was only look for that kind of money... I can't imagine he'd leave the Packers and their offer to make 4 mil a year less for the Vikes! I think he is trying to create leverage in a market in which he has none!

Good Luck!

Ken

Right on Labs, I don't see how people think a WR is going to come here and give the Vikes any sort of deal.

Jennings turned down 10 million a year from the Packers, he's not going to come here and let us sign him for 6-7 million to teach them a lesson lol.

It's gonna take us 10+ million to sign him, he's a solid player but not worth that money. He's also had recent hamstring, ab, and groin injuries.

If he wants to give us a deal I'd take him though.

What he wants and what he is worth are two different numbers. So far, the Packers are the ONLY team to offer him 10 mil a year and he hasn't snatched it up. Look at the FA so far. Wallace got the big 10 mil contract. Welker, Amendola only got 6 mil a year. Amendola has injury problems and if you go stats vs stats.....Welker walks all over Jennings, so with those numbers being out there, how can he keep thinking teams are going to pay him the 10 million. Sounds like the only two teams that are seriously interested in Jennings at this point are Green Bay and Minnesota. Packers have already put their number on the table and Jennings didn't take it. He is a mid depth receiver, not an all out over the top speedster like Wallace, so he aint getting 10 mil a year. Just a matter of when he realizes that and then where he wants to play. I bet the Packers watch this and offer him a lower paying contract.

Was the Packer offer still on the table? Did the amount come from within the Packer organization? Or just some media outlet? I trust about 1% of what gets posted from the media about free agents.

I heard Ruesse say something interesting on 1500 yesterday. It was that of all the teams that were paying a wide receiver over 8 or? 9 million a year last year,,,,,,not a single one of those teams made the playoffs.

I do not think that the Packers offered Jennings 10 million. I think that is what Jennings told the Packers that he wanted. I think the Packers have offered about 6 million a year but could be wrong about that.

He may not be worth 10 million to the packers, but its a little different in the vikings situation. Hes instantly our #1 WR without question. Is he Megatron? Larry Fitz? Absolutely not. Is he twice as good as ANYONE we have on roster? Without a doubt. Good hands, excellent route runner. Alot of the plays he burned the viking on were not 50yd bombs from Rodgers, all though there were a few of those two. Ponder specializes in SHORT to intermediate throws and Jennings can make plays on those type of patterns.

Plus- what do you think its worth to have a guy that knows all the ins and outs of the packers offense? Its worth something, just sayin... The guy is 29 yrs old and no more injury prone then percy. He aint washed up.

How would it be mortaging the farm? We owed antoine winfield 7.5 million this year and he was still producing. what do we owe antoine now? Jennings doesnt produce or make the offense better- cut him and your out the bonus money and maybe a cap hit depending on the contract.

I agree with Kellyp on this one, I think the 10 million was his demands, not an offer. Yigi, I would love to have Jennings on the Vikings, for under 7 million a year, otherwise he is more of a problem, then a cure.

And it doesnt matter if he is better then anything we have, you still cant over pay him just because he is better then what we have now. I am not to concerned about WR as much as you are. I am sure the FO will get the team a few decent targets, and hopefully not over pay to get them.

No way the Pack offered him 10M...they could have franchised him for 10.5M. Smokescreen from Jennings and/or the Packers trying to make the Vikes spend more of their $$$$.

He may not be worth 10 million to the packers, but its a little different in the vikings situation. Hes instantly our #1 WR without question. Is he Megatron? Larry Fitz? Absolutely not. Is he twice as good as ANYONE we have on roster? Without a doubt. Good hands, excellent route runner. Alot of the plays he burned the viking on were not 50yd bombs from Rodgers, all though there were a few of those two. Ponder specializes in SHORT to intermediate throws and Jennings can make plays on those type of patterns.

Plus- what do you think its worth to have a guy that knows all the ins and outs of the packers offense? Its worth something, just sayin... The guy is 29 yrs old and no more injury prone then percy. He aint washed up.

How would it be mortaging the farm? We owed antoine winfield 7.5 million this year and he was still producing. what do we owe antoine now? Jennings doesnt produce or make the offense better- cut him and your out the bonus money and maybe a cap hit depending on the contract.

Good point if we could get him for around that 7.5 mill Winfield was gonna make I would swap those 2 players in a heartbeat at this point in their carreers. I would imagine he wants quite a bit of cash up front too though.

I hope we dont pay Megatron money for Jennings. Those big numbers are often leaked to the press by either the agent, the player, or even one of the teams in negotiations. If the pack realizes they are going to get outbid anyways why not spread a rumor of a big number and try to get a division rival to overpay for a player and burn up their salary cap. All these rumors help the player, the agent, and the team that is outbid. I hope they can get him for under 7 million. As far as the draft goes I say the third reciever taken in the draft will go to the vikes unless they move up or someone else does. The other two teams that are in reciever need before the vikes are the rams(16) and the steelers(17). Spielman has a tough job in building up a team with out breaking the bank. People on here often make the job sound easy. Last year spielman did a great job and the vikes made the playoff 3 of the last 5 years, but by this time next year people may be calling for his head.

I had heard in January the Packers had a 5.5-6 million dollar/yr offer on the table that was summarily rejected by Jennings. ESPN reports that offer was increased to 10 mil. The Packers woul dnever confirm that publicly while they are trying to sign him. The NFL reported his agent was negotiating with the Packers again yesterday, so there must have been something close to his asking price there. I can't imagine they would have been in negotiations yesterday if they were far apart. My guess is it did not go as he wanted... and thus the Vikings visit. He has said he wants the same pay as Vincent Jackson of the Bucs.

We'll have to wait and see what he eventually signs for. I would not put him as a mid-depth reciever. Definitely a #2 for premier teams and for most teams a #1. I put his skills above Wallace. Speed is not everything, ie: Troy Williamson.

Good Luck!

Ken

Last year we gave John Carlson $5 million. What a waste!

I know you don't build a team with high priced free agents, but if we can somehow get Jennings around $7 million, add a young stud with a 1st round pick, along with Jarius Wright and Simpson, I think we would have a much improved receiving core. With 6 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft, I'll bet we pick up 2 receivers.

I

I am sure the FO will get the team a few decent targets, and hopefully not over pay to get them.

So basically your saying you want Jenkins, Aromashadu, and Simpson back? Thats what I get out of it.

Those are our latest "decent" targets that we tried to not "over pay" for.

Good luck with that, sounds like just as good a way to set the franchise back as many years as any big contract would.

[quote name='YiGGiN4SLoBS

So basically your saying you want Jenkins' date=' Aromashadu, and Simpson back? Thats what I get out of it.

Those are our latest "decent" targets that we tried to not "over pay" for.

Good luck with that, sounds like just as good a way to set the franchise back as many years as any big contract would.

[/quote']

Dear god I thought I would never have to hear those names again!! Total dump and not very good either. They need to be part of the past.....

There is probably a reason why Frasier can NEVER pronounce Aromashadu, Amorachadu, Amurashadu, Whatever it is correctly.

We'll find out soon how much money he'll get. I don't think the market was as hot for him as he was hoping.

From all the reports is the Pack offered him 10 million. Could be truth could be smoke screen.

Jennings himself said he'd check out all options then weigh them out and make a decision.

I'd sign him if it's 6-7 million, but if your talking 11-12 million then I wouldn't. I'd rather get 2 players for 6-7 million then him.

If we are gonna spend 11-12 million I'd rather have Cruz coming into his prime for the next 5 yrs instead of Jennings on the back end of his career. Yeah it costs a 1st round pick but you'd dream to land a guy like Cruz with that pick.

The Vikes threw pretty good $$$ at Garcon last year and missed out. They missed out on Boldin this year.

I don't see any way Jennings makes it out of the TC without a contract. I still say he'll sign for @ 4/35M. I don't really care what they pay him...it's not my $$$. They NEED to sign him to take the 1st step in rebuilding their WR core.

You can't trade Harvin and cut Winfield and not get anybody back in return...Jennings would be our #1 and a great veteran leader for the young WR's we all know are coming.

But if you were Jennings, who would you rather be throwing you the ball, Rodgers, or Ponder?