• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

red wing shore fishing

Though I have not done it myself, I would think if you can get to the lock you could walk down stream and fish the area where the Cannon river comes in. That is a popular spot for boats along that rocky shoreline. We usually catch our share within casting distance to shore so it should work the other way around as well. Good luck!

Reedo- Check out Bay point Park in Red Wing. Lots of fishing spots to fish from shore.

Thanks. Were going to redwing next weeks,and fishing is unfortunately not the primary reason And I don't have the boat ready, so we might just do some shore fishing.

There's plenty of open water, it's just not that productive yet. I fish it often, usually not this early though, but I did try last week since Pepin has been slow through the ice. If you fish it with jigs, bring a lot. Best of luck!

I'm not sure if it's open water there or not. Could be some ice still....

In the marina it won't be open, but the main river channel runs right along the park. Have caught a few nice sauger right there before.

I'm also interested in doing some fishing from shore down on pool 4 but will have to do it from shore.

I'd like to get closer to the L&D. Anyone know if a guy can park at the L&D and walk the shoreline down? Or are there places to park on the Wisconsin side and walk down?

There isn't much opportunity for parking at the L&D and then wandering. Too much security keep it safe from the radicals!

Yeah, I figured they didn't allow public parking in that lot, thanks for the confirmation. Looking at GoogleEarth and it looks like there are a couple makeshift roads leading up to the river on the WI side, but I don't know if those are passable. Kind of looks like they might have been used for the L&D construction project.

Last year there where a lot of people fishing from shore on the minn side where the lock and dam split.We were getting nice saugers in the same area they were.

Last year there where a lot of people fishing from shore on the minn side where the lock and dam split.We were getting nice saugers in the same area they were.

On the island?

No! On the minn. shore,right above that deep hole.Not sure how they got there.I`d call the bait store and ask them.I think 4 seasons is still open.I`ll call a bud from down there that hunts that area,if I find out I`ll post.Good luck

Last week when the bite slowed down by the main redwing dam channel (WI side)), we took a spin to the lock (MN) side and was surprised to see a father and child fishing right where the cement wall ended. Not sure how they got there.

Only way I can figure is if they live near by and walked up the L&D road to get down shore or parked somewhere down that road and did the same. Looks like there's a couple spots where someone could park, but those spots are pretty close to the RR. Might just have to make a day trip from the Twin Cities to figure this out. If all else fails I could probably zip over to Evert's and do some fishing from their shore line.

oops, I should have said MAYBE fish from Everts shore. I don't know if they allow that. If a MOD sees this, please edit.

I have seen people Shore fishing the wing dam by the boat ramp on the Wisconsin channel.