• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2013 Vikings off season

Scott K

You got the whiny part right.

He doesn't deserve to be in the HOF.

Carter was a bit whiny but thats because he only cared about winning, so when Warren Moon or somebody else didn't make plays, Carter would flip-out.

As far as being in the hall of fame or not.. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even people who have no credibility whatsoever. I guess thats why we vote and record stats...

Carter is easily twice as good of a receiver as any of the four packer HOF wide-outs who REALLY shouldn't be in the HOF.

Come at me LMIT BRO!!!

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• DrJuice1980

• FISHINGURU

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

Isn't the HOF all about production? Did CC not have a HOF career? 3rd all time receptions, 2nd in rec TDs, 8th in rec yards. Yeah he's not a HOFer because he got upset a few times like all athletes do. LMIT, are you a fan of anything or anybody?

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, even people who have no credibility whatsoever.

Like the voting members of the HOF who finally voted him in just to get him out of the way?

You can't possibly be serious. Without a doubt Carter had the best hands in NFL history. I'm sure LIMIT knows this but is enjoying to jerk everyone's chain.

You can't possibly be serious. Without a doubt Carter had the best hands in NFL history.

If it was such a sure thing then why did it take so long for him to get in? According to you guys (Vikings fans) he should have been a sure fire thing in his first year of eligibility.

Guess not.

Cris Cancer is a tool and he got what he deserved, which leads us back to the original topic of why you would want to bring in his kid when it appears he's just as big of a tool as his old man. Will he make the roster, probably not, but why even go down that road when you just shipped your last headache to Seattle.

The thing is how big of a headache will an undrafted free agent be? I think that means he has to prove something because his whole career is on the line and if you think the old man hasn't reminded him that many times I bet you're wrong. Now if he becomes this great receiver like pappy was then I would be more than happy to put up with a little drama, aren't most WRs drama queens anyways? LMIT, please name some players you like, can you even think of any? Current or recently retired please.

LMIT, please name some players you like, can you even think of any? Current or recently retired please.

What does that have to do with anything?

Last I checked it was still called the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Nice Guys.

To see if there is actually something/somebody you approve of. Everything you post is negative, pessimistic, antagonistic, and I would like to know what it takes to win your approval. Or are you just a grouchy old man?

Thing about foolish dumb teenagers and young adults is sometimes in their early 20's they get their heads out and grow up. That's certainly a chance worth taking. If I had your attitude with my kids I could have locked a child or two into states of permanent juvenile narcissim instead of watching them blossom into responsible adults.

And like I pointed out above, just as you pointed out too, the headaches can be cut or shipped out. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect you are a Vikings receivers coach looking to avoid a difficult task.

I agree the signing of Carter's son is irrelevant and nothing to lose maybe a little to gain? who really cares.

with that said having met Chris Carter in person he is a jerk to the fullest extent.

Its hard to be judgmental on athletes in the public. Put your self in their shoes and tell me you wouldn't be fed up with routine once in a while. I am sure you have your bad days as well. I had the chance to meet Puckett a few times, first was when I was like 10 and I thought he was a jerk, met him at a signing deal at shinders. I carried that for a few years and then I met him again, totally different, the last time I met him was probably about a year before he passed and he was a class act all the way. Yeah being a pro athlete would be the bees knees and all but there would be a lot not to like about it, you cant expect just because they make millions means they have to have a bubbly personality.

With that said some guys are jerkoffs, kind of switched tunes on that huh

Not to interupt you two's lover's quarrel

Quote:
Erin Henderson has bulked up to 248 pounds in anticipation of his move to middle linebacker.

Henderson has been a special teamer and weak-side linebacker throughout his five-year career. He's now penciled in as the starter in the middle after Jasper Brinkley signed with the Cardinals. If Henderson sticks in the middle, look for fourth-round rookie Gerald Hodges to take a crack at the starting WILL job.

I still am puzzled as to why they kept Henderson. It is good to see he has added some size, but I am still hoping we pick up a free agent to start, and have Henderson be the back up.

Ben Leber went on record that he didnt think Erin should have bulked up. Not that he has any say in the matter, but one of Erin's strengths is his athleticism and that doesnt get better with bulk.

Bulky doesn't always mean slow, its looks slow because many of the bulky guys you see trying to be athletic are slow and uncoordinated due to their slow heavy reps in the gym. Hence forth your training your body to be slow. If he trained the right way and added weight he could be just fine. We'll have to see how it plays out, with the other additions I think the Mike spot can be something that's "serviceable" and Henderson is just that.

I'm all in on the move to MLB...he was a terrible OLB so maybe he'll find his calling in the position move.

LMIT, please name some players you like, can you even think of any? Current or recently retired please.

What does that have to do with anything?

He can't!!! For once he doesn't have a comeback!!

To see if there is actually something/somebody you approve of. Everything you post is negative, pessimistic, antagonistic, and I would like to know what it takes to win your approval. Or are you just a grouchy old man?

I'm not old, just not a back slappin', self congratulating, high fiving, kool aid chugging rube such as yourself that can't and won't admit when your team and their actions might not be all they're cracked up to be.

I guess I have that luxury when I'm not emotionally invested to the point of delusion, as you quite obviously are.

Heck, rundrave stated Cris Cancer is a jerk and you had a cop-out for that too!

You need help.

I guess I have that luxury when I'm not emotionally invested to the point of delusion, as you quite obviously are.

I enjoy watching football and am a fan of the Vikes. There are players I like and players I don't, on this team and on other teams. Im not a face painter, nor a jersey wearer but I am not going to rip on those that enjoy doing that, that's their deal. What is quite comical is that you refuse to name any player, confirming my idea that you are nothing but a Whiner, Mr. Negative, Antagonist, Debbie Downer, whatever else you want to call it. If emotionally investing myself is wanting to see the local sports team do good well I guess there are billions of people worldwide that got it wrong and you have it right.

Please come up with some new material, the Kool-Aid has dried up.

You cant name ONE athlete that you enjoyed watching? Why are you even posting in this forum then, oh I know, to spread your pessimistic views. What a quality human being.

If you really believe CC isn't a HOFer than you obviously know nothing about football.

I need help? You need to ease up on those downers pal.

Bulky doesn't always mean slow..
You're right, it doesnt, but adding weight IMO will not make him faster and in all likelihood would reduce his "bend" or flexibility.

I think he will stand up better in the run game with more bulk. But like you said, we will have to just see how it pans out. I dont think he is in long term future plans with the vikes either.

No I don't think he'll be in purple longer either, but who knows. Right now a serviceable guy is better than a liability and Henderson is fine with me being we really addressed our top priorities this off season.

I enjoy watching football and am a fan of the Vikes. There are players I like and players I don't, on this team and on other teams. Im not a face painter, nor a jersey wearer but I am not going to rip on those that enjoy doing that, that's their deal. What is quite comical is that you refuse to name any player, confirming my idea that you are nothing but a Whiner, Mr. Negative, Antagonist, Debbie Downer, whatever else you want to call it. If emotionally investing myself is wanting to see the local sports team do good well I guess there are billions of people worldwide that got it wrong and you have it right.

You cant name ONE athlete that you enjoyed watching? Why are you even posting in this forum then, oh I know, to spread your pessimistic views. What a quality human being.

If you really believe CC isn't a HOFer than you obviously know nothing about football.

I need help? You need to ease up on those downers pal.

This is an easy personality issue diagnosis. Classic inferiority complex. The only way to keep "true" to the Packers is bash anything Vikings. To feel elevated and superior requires putting others down. It's like the guy who wouldn't follow the "code" of not dating one of his buddies' little sisters, and then has nothing but bad things to say to the bros about her after she dumps him.

Like your politics LMIT, but taking on the opinions and actions of others in politics who want to run your life their way is one thing. When it comes to Vike-Pack concerns, might I recommend just letting the teams settle things, like they always do, on the field. You don't have to take on every chest thumper who comes along who is excited about the latest Vikings news, and name calling is, well, gauche.

Oh, you're just snorting the powder now?

You want a player I enjoyed watching?

Brock Lesnar. Best player the Vikes ever had.

Bahahahahaha!

^Everybody knows grape koolaid is way better snorted than lemon-lime koolaid

As for Hodges, I heard the talk on Fantasy sports radio that he was the PR and KR for opening game for Penn State this season.....that is a pretty athletic dude, he may turn into a good MLB after all.

LMIT, the player doesn't have to be a Viking. You could say Aaron Rogers, oh he is probably over paid, it could be Peyton, oh wait he is also over paid and thinks he knows all to much about how to run an offense, it could be Brady, oh wait that's the coaches success not the players, it could be ANYBODY!! Just say a name, realistically, any player in the league that wins your approval. I wont bash it either, I just really think you hate everything and everybody.

Vikings off season has never been a problem it's the real season when the problems show! Tired of watching teams run left and making big yardage, who are the defenders over there? I miss Ben Leber! Ponder should buy more life insurance because sometimes it looks like the middle of the O line doesn't like him. I miss Matt Birk!

Tink the purple fan