• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2013 Vikings off season

Scott K

I think this thread is fantastic! I can't believe how under the skin lmit gets for some of you. But carry on, I am getting quite a few chuckles checking in on it! laugh

Good Luck!

Ken

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• DrJuice1980

• FISHINGURU

• YiGGiN4SLoBS

I have a feeling LMTOUT is Karl Gerbschmidt.

Hey LMTOUT, how's your brother doing? I cant believe you are still mad at him for putting his shirt back on during that game.

I have a feeling LMTOUT is Karl Gerbschmidt.

Now that's funny right there!!!

I think LMTOUT is doing a good job pushing everyone's buttons on here.

I guess my button been pushed due to the lack of knowledge about football.

This is an easy personality issue diagnosis. Classic inferiority complex. The only way to keep "true" to the Packers is bash anything Vikings. To feel elevated and superior requires putting others down. It's like the guy who wouldn't follow the "code" of not dating one of his buddies' little sisters, and then has nothing but bad things to say to the bros about her after she dumps him.

When it comes to Vike-Pack concerns, might I recommend just letting the teams settle things, like they always do, on the field. You don't have to take on every chest thumper who comes along who is excited about the latest Vikings news, and name calling is, well, gauche.

If you flipped roles the same would apply, would you agree? If not, then what you stated is completely hypocritical and fraudulent.

BTW, I'm not a Packers fan, so that blows your theory all to hell anyway.

Why do you have such a hard time naming a player? The Lesnar comment was a joke, he never played a snap.

I don't have a hard time with it at all. I just refuse to answer an irrelevant question, unless I missed the post where everyone is supposed to list their favorite players, which I'm pretty sure I didn't.

The question is relevant to the idea that there are no players you can be positive about or respect. I never asked for a favorite player.

Seems like lmtout is Karl G and (insert your most hated politician here) because he dodges every question with an obvious hatred for the vikes.

I never asked for a favorite player.

Quit being a weasel. Good grief.

If you flipped roles the same would apply, would you agree? If not, then what you stated is completely hypocritical and fraudulent.

BTW, I'm not a Packers fan, so that blows your theory all to hell anyway.

Let's see, I don't hate the Packers so we can't flip on that basis. I do hate the Cowboys but I don't go on their forums and bash their teams so can't flip on that basis. I didn't call anyone names so flipping on that basis is out. I did post a reply to someone on the forum but that's not flipping roles. I guess, by your own definition, if we can't flip roles I can't be a hypocrit and a fraud.

I do like being in your kitchen, like you do with so many others, so I guess we did flip on at least one role level. Still like your politics, my friend. BTW, my best friend since HS is an admitted Packers fan, you should come out of the closet. It's got to be rough being a latent Cheesehead.....

I love his work ethic, hopefully he can fit in, and be successful.

Quote:
Joe Webb has been catching passes in preparation for a switch to receiver.

The Vikings haven't notified Webb of a position switch, but it's looking likely that he'll be asked to make the transition back to receiver in 2013. "I'm doing a lot more work at it so I can work on my craft at receiver since I haven't been there since, what, 2010 when I first got drafted?," asked Webb rhetorically. "I'm comfortable. Whatever they ask me to do, I'm going to do it." Webb has one year left on his contract, and his best chance to make the team will be at receiver.

His best chance to make this team OR any team for that matter. Highly athletic. I like the idea of him being on the field, but he doesnt have the tools to be an every day QB.Hopefully he is working with someone like Greg Jennings on route running, etc.

I would like to see him on special teams, and I know he has played a little CB before, who knows? He is fast, has decent hands, and knows basic routes, maybe from a different angle, but he knows them. The guy has heart, he was always on the practice field first, worked out, and tried to better himself in the offseasons, like I said, he has great work ethics, hopefully we can find him a position he fits in.

I just don't know why they haven't tried him as a TE...complete mis-match with any LB in the league and he doesn't have to run as precise routes.

I want the Packers to get him and convert him to SS!

Fast, tall and should have good hands. Can compete with all those fast tall WR in NFL

Good Luck!

Ken

wouldnt that be a first if the Packers got one of the Vikings' castoffs?

He is definitely athletic and I completely agree, you love seeing a guy who works hard just to get a chance.

He's kinda like Tebow. Will never make it at QB, but man, so dang athletic its a shame you cant find somewhere to fit him in.

I like all this off-season banter, I'll rev up the packer faithful a bit, they got 2 titles, Favre's and Rodgers, what they did way back who cares really, we don't throw Minneapolis Laker parties here lol. What was there 3.5 teams back in their dynasty ? They relied on freezing out the opposition back in their hay day. smile What is a Packer and why don't they have a mascot ? I mean not what I say except for I hope Rodgers has to go to early retirement about week 2 next year.

I hope he finds a position that he excels at on our team. Most of us already knew he wasn't going to be good at QB, some of us been calling for him to play WR or TE for a couple yrs now.

He should do much better when his instructions are run and catch. I never thought he had the smarts to be a good QB. I still wouldn't mind to see him come in now and again for a designed QB draw or bootleg. He could be pretty decent on some gadget plays where he has an option to run or throw.

I'll rev up the packer faithful a bit, they got 2 titles, Favre's and Rodgers,

Yep ... Only TWO! What a bunch of under achievers! laugh

this is where Lmit posts the trophy case photo! hehehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

JW is a better qb than he showed in the playoff game. Its just too bad he'll be remembered for it. But it is time for the Vikes to work him out at wr. Has anyone really see him run routes or catch?

I'm not old, just not a back slappin', self congratulating, high fiving, kool aid chugging rube such as yourself

Only because you can't figure out how to get 2 quarts of water into that little packet. grin

Only because you can't figure out how to get 2 quarts of water into that little packet. grin

WINNER!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's being reported that the Vikings had offered Mike Wallace $76 million before he signed with the Dolphins for $60 million. If that is true.. $76 million is a huge offer. Did he even visit here? I find it hard to believe the Vikings would offer that kind of money without a whine and dine evening and a visit to winter park.

Figure out the tax money he'd have to pony up in Minnesota and it's probably a pretty comparable offer. Plus the fact that he wanted to live in a climate like Florida.

Vikes didn't really have a chance with him....