• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

3-3-13 Tullie Report

certified jumbo

Fished out of Terry's on Sunday from 9am to 3 pm. We fished 3 different flats and found tullibee off the edges in 38'. Had to work them hard to bite. We used medium sized forage minnows tipped with waxies. Fish would come in suspended 3' to 10' off the bottom. Most would just follow your lure around in the water column and then a group of active fish would come through and we'd pull a quick 3 or 4 out. 3 of us ended up with 22 tullies for the smoker, we probable should have had our 30 be we lost of few on the way up and a few got wrapped around the locator cord. In all a fun day, didn't expect to mark as many as we did, if they all would have been active it would have been a incredible day.

CJ

Thanks Certified Jumbo!

I've never fished Mille Lacs Tullie before. I've only fished for them on Leech. Mabe it is worth a try sometime next week during the weekdays because I'm not much of a crowd man.

Thanks

Tom

There isn't much for crowds out there even on weekends after the walleye season closes.

Great post certified jumbo!

It's nice hearing that the tullibee bite is starting to pick up. I can't wait to get up there in a few weeks. Probably also heading out of Terry's and going to Seguchi. Which flat did you fish?

I think seguchi was one of the flats we fished, but i'm not certian. When we payed for the road fee the guy behind the counter circled 3 spots on the map and told us thats where they caught them the day before. I didn't save the map.

Not a lot of people fishing, probably only 10 trucks total that i saw. I think they got about 10 inches of snow today up their so you may want to call ahead and see what they are planning to plow for roads??

While Seguchie has been fair for tullies, 7 mile and the flats north of 8 mile have been much better for us. They all seem to bite there. You can get a few to bite on Seguchie, but not nearly as many.

What is the limit? Looks like the limit is 10 for tullibee butcisco no limit Looks like both fish classified as the same fish am I right?

Can 7 mile and the flats north of 8 be accessed from Terry's? Anyone know if Terry is still plowing his roads?

Are there any resorts that are still plowing? I'm hoping to get out there one last time smirk

Are there any resorts that are still plowing? I'm hoping to get out there one last time smirk

Lybacks is still plowing.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

There is a perch contest this weekend not sure where it is out of. My dad forgot to give me that info but I guess we are going.