• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing was awesome on the pond

eelpout1

But catching not so much.....Thursday thru Saturday, went out of Appeldoorns, which was great as always, Fished around July bar most of the time, Had the wife with, who out fished me, for us catching was slow, but a great learning experience for the wife, everyone in the area were well behaved, no double decker houses, no turf battles, I did find out why no one fishes the west edge of that structure in winter. it looked like swiss cheese by the time I gave up, (stuborn, slow learner but making a point to myself), I did have one guy pull up a coulple hundred feet from me, and walked over and struck up a conversation, before unloading, very polite, said he fished this area before and was hoping to try again, "drill away" was my coment, Not much fishing info in this report, but did want to say, all in the area were well behaved and friendly, Thanks Appeldoorns for a great weekend, and Spirit Lake Steakhouse for awsome food, worth the drive to Wahkon, check it out.

Keep fishing, stay safe.

How are lake travel conditions? Dorns obviously had their bridge over the pressure ridge again if you made out to July.

How are lake travel conditions? Dorns obviously had their bridge over the pressure ridge again if you made out to July.

I'll can give you an update on Appeldoorns road. Just got back today, roads were good. Some water on the banked sides of the roads. Bridge was fine, easy to cross. Off road travel in your car might be tough. Snow will probably hang you up with you low clearance. Caught 9 walleyes, all over 18". Missed about 6 more. Prime time was wen they came on crazy. Dead stick with shiners or large flatheads worked for us.

Broman is right on, roads all in good shape, bridge is in good shape, there is a little water seaping in on the bank side of the road on the north south road, but they did plow another road to the west about 100 feet just as a back up along that stretch. Snow cover is 4-8 on the most part with drifts deeper, didnt see many cars but truck travel is easy, larger shiners on red hooks, dead stick did the trick for us also, mostly after 6pm. no keepers, all around that 19"-20" mark.