• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Zero Gravity Chairs

TruthWalleyes

Question

Early January i purchased a zero gravity chair for sleeping in the hub house on weekends. Worked GREAT, up until it broke the first night of a 3 day trip two weeks after purchasing. frown That made for a long weekend sleep

I got the most expensive one FF had to offer, Extra wide/big for a big guy like myself.

Ended up bending, then breaking where the arm rests meet the back rest.

So, that one will go in the trash. (I never keep receipts and am terrible at returning things)

Can you reccommend a GOOD and DURABLE zero gravity chair for a 6'6", 300# guy.

full-26433-29858-2013_02_06_05_54_26_34.

11 answers to this question

we have a set at home and a set at the cabin, both from Cabelas. The ones at home we leave outside on the deck most of the Summer and it seems every 3 years we need new ones. The ones at the cabin we bring in when we're gone and seem in perfect shape after 6 years or so.

Problem is I weigh 175 and wife about 120 so I guess I will put one up and we can both get in it to help you with you being a bigger guy. hmmmm...

you might look at Frontgate. They are a little spendy, but seem to be good quality. We bought one for my Sister in Law who was ill. Of course she didn't weigh 300 either. But take a look and see what it says.

We have 3 of these from Cabelas that are 6-7 years old. Being 6'8" and pushing 3 bills I've got to say these chairs have held up great. I only have one that is the wide model and the others are regular size. They were very expensive then but I bought them on a black friday sale for 1/2 off. I don't think the ones they sell today are the same as they were when they 1st came out. I sat in a new one last year and just didn't feel "safe" if you know what I mean.

Not a chair and a little off topic but we just got a new bed and it has a zero gravity position. For a guy who has had 2 back surgery it is awesome.

I apologize for bumping this old topic, but I have done quite a bit of research on this, so I want to share my experience.

We have one, but it is not the most heavily used piece of furniture in the house. It's in the study, so that one of us can be reading while the other is on the Internet or doing desk work, i.e., we can still be in the same room for conversation. Although it's one of the less expensive models, it is wonderfully comfortable.

The main price differences are due to the amount of padding from one model to another, and the grade of leather in which you choose to have it finished. Also, some have attached headrests or headrest pillows. Unless the manufacturing policy has changed, some (all?) models are also available in microfiber cloth upholstery rather than leather.

One of the main advantages of the product line is that most of the models come in a choice of sizes, so that it's possible to match the model to the size of the person most likely to be using it. For example, the Diplomat, Consul, and Ambassador--still the least expensive models, I think--are all the same shape and have the same stitch pattern on the upholstery but are different sizes of the same chair for different sizes of bodies. . . . If multiple people will be sharing a single chair, however, it is generally best to pick the size appropriate to the largest person, i.e., largest basic body frame size. My wife is petite but still quite comfortable using the larger Ambassador.

If searching online, Stressless is the U.S. product marketing name, but also look for "Ekornes" (Eh-kor-ness), the name of the Norwegian manufacturer. They do have occasional national sales, but not on any predictable schedule, or at least none whose timing I've been able to figure out.

We bought our chair from Amazon https://10restbest.com/best-zero-gravity-chair the online name of a furniture store in central Massachusetts. I usually try to "shop local" and would have been glad to buy it from a local furniture store with whom we'd done business for years, but they would charge a $65 fee to transport it three miles to our house, whereas the place in Massachusetts offered free delivery.

On YouTube there are a lot of interesting videos on this topic, I will share with you, one of them, hope this will help someone. Good luck

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Welcome to the forum Jessica Palmer, Male from New Jersey. 

My wife has one of these and I really don't see the big deal? They cost a lot, or heavy to haul around and ok to sit in but not anything life changing over so many other beach-lawn chairs. 

• Thumbs Up 2

46 minutes ago, andrew2 said:

If you're serious and want an awesome durable chair, must consider LUCKYBERRY Deluxe Oversized Padded Zero Gravity Chair

No Links?  🤭

On 8/28/2022 at 8:52 AM, andrew2 said:

I think you might need perfect massage gravity chairs  for an awesome massage. Getting massage over regular chairs mean wasting your money and time with no enjoy. This s why it is recommended to use zero gravity chairs and feel the taste that you never got. 

SPAM!