• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

11th Annual HSO Burntside Bash - Jim Hudson Memorial - March 9th

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Steve Foss

• Northlander

• lispeej

• chaffmj

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hot Spot Outdoors-Fishing MN.com 11th Annual Burntside Bash March 9th 2013.

This year we're making the Bash a Jim Hudson Memorial Burntside Bash honoring Jim Hudson.

The Bash started 11 years ago as a Get Together to fish for Lake Trout with friends and meeting new friends in a great setting that is Burntside Lake in Ely, MN.

This year we'll gather again on Burntside Lake rekindling old friendships and making new.

We'll meet up in the morning then head off to different points on the lake and fish for Lake Trout.

Later in the evening we gather back up again where we'll have a silent auction and food, and share the days events.

See you there!

Our group this year will be me,Lisa and my brother Mark and his wife Gina. It should be a great time and the proceeds will be going to an even greater cause. I'm really look forward to meeting up with old friends.

Should be a blast!!!

This is one event I look forward to every year! I just pulled out my laker tackle this morning and I'm already pumped. Hope we have a great turnout this year also.

I will be there with Silent auction goodies in tow. Hannah Hudson will be joining me for thr ride from Superior to Ely. I hope we get a lot of folks to show up, fish, have a good time and raise a ton of $ for Hannah. See you all there.

Oh make sure to bring some cash because there will be some dandy silent auction prizes.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Steve, Frank

Long shot. Do you think Hannah would come? Maybe we could collect some money to set her up at the Grand Ely lodge for the night if she would? confused

Opp's looks like Northlanders got this. I didn't read the whole post before making the suggestion. Good news. smile

I will be there and I am looking forward to seeing my Bash friends that I have met over the years. I have met some really good people there so if you are thinking about it think no more just come.

Could you please post where you would like donations sent for this event?

Thanks

Scott

Scott and those that can't make it to the Bash but would like to make a donation to Hannah through the Bash. You can send that to me and make the check out to Hannah Hudson.

There is also site were you can make a donation at Give Forward

Send to:

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd

Saginaw, MN 55779

Still planing on coming up is there a cheap place to stay in town ?
Google Motels in Ely MN. I think I got the last single room at the Paddle Inn for that weekend. They may be going fast around town. I would start looking now. wink

If all the hotels in Ely get booked up, you can also try the Marjo hotel in Tower. Just another option that might get overlooked.

It's not as close as Ely but there's a bar/restaurant across the street and Vermilion Food and Fuel in town with bait. Actual travel time to Van Vac landing from there is less than a half hour. Van Vac is 15 min or so from the Ely hotels anyway.

Frank, Steve

As far as food goes? I had heard in the past that everyone brought something for a "pot luck" It looks like food will be proved for sale this year. Will there be enough or should we still bring something to share or just bring $5 for food? I think I'll bring $10, seem to eat more when it's cold! grin

I am really bummed that I am going to have to miss this one frown

My son has a basketball tournament down in Mora that whole day. Will be sending a donation, and may look at driving up for the day on Sunday.

Steve, would you post a list of items for the silent auction closer to the Bash date? I may look at having someone "proxy" bid on an item or two for me. Thanks!

Guys, we're working on stuff, ya know? wink

Frank, Steve and I will for sure be providing lots of details in here as we get a little closer. It's only been a few days since we decided to honor Jim and Hannah at the Bash. Stay tuned. smile

I know I'm already excited about it. A chance to see old friends, a chance to make new friends. Perfect!

That first Bash with the Gang of 13 and the broken fish house floor seems like a long time ago now. Chunkytout gave us that shack for a potting shed. We pulled it over, replaced the broken floor joists, and it sits there in our back yard to this day, with its Fishing Minnesota bumper sticker on the door and defunct old flasher mounted to a corner of the roof inside. Every time we go in there to get something, it reminds me of that late January day in 2003, and a lot of fine Bash memories since then. smile

OK, OK I guess we are getting a little excited too! grin

I will never forget that packed house and the floor collapsing under us.

Steve looking like a mountain man and his over nite tent set-up on the ice...that's another story. smile

I got ahold of the folks running the Adventure inn in Ely just now, and they have donated a room for the night of Saturday, March 9, for Hannah. All Hannah has to do is get in touch with Sue at (218) 365-3140 to nail down details of which room and such.

I got ahold of the folks running the Adventure inn in Ely just now, and they have donated a room for the night of Saturday, March 9, for Hannah. All Hannah has to do is get in touch with Sue at (218) 365-3140 to nail down details of which room and such.

They make a great cup of coffee and and the cookies and scones are pretty tasty as well. We have two rooms reserved close to the coffee pot grin

I'll be there for my second time at the bash I'm planning on staying at my aunts house in Babbit so I can fish both days. Can't wait to see everyone that i met last year. Trying to talk my brother in law into coming up for the day on Saturday and maybe his dad. Can't wait to see everyone again.

The other Jim

Very cool! Booked my room at the Paddle Inn last week so I'm set. Looking forward to it.

Thanks to everyone for all their hard work in putting this together!

So far we have big ticket items, medium items and less expensive items. Stepping up so far in a big way are Striker, Vexilar, Otter and Clam. And others are kicking in generously. This is not meant to be a comprehensive silent auction prize listing, just a bit of dangling the bait in front of folks. laugh

We've got shelters, electronics, gear bags and much more so far. I'm donating two guided lake trout adventures, one in open water and one on ice ($350 value each).

I know other donations are coming in. I want to thank you all, those who have and will donate. It's for a great cause, and we always have a whale of a time out there. laugh

Here's another way you can help if you can't get to the Bash, or even if you can. You can buy something ice fishing and/or lake trout oriented, and donate it for the silent auction. If you do that, we'll find a way to get it up here to Ely. An auger, anyone? smile

I figured I would join in the chime here and mention I will be up finally, for my first Bash this year and staying at the Adventure Inn (best place in town). Be making the trek over from Fargo real early Saturday morning and staying through Monday afternoon.