• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thats a slab!

Random guy

Great job Jim. Glad you got an elusive but still catchable crappie. Kelly has got something going and we can't wait to get back up there.

Great job Jim. Glad you got an elusive but still catchable crappie.

No the elusive but caught crappie...big difference. wink

No weight; measured and returned.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Very nice fish!

Still a few around. smile

Yup! thats a slab! great fish! Maybe this march will produce some numbers? Hope so anyhow. Congrats on a unbelievable fish

Crappies are great at getting us all excited then pulling the disappearing act. BUT, what I think is going to be great is the perch bite with bonus crappies mixed in.

Oh and I did point out to him it is still smaller than the ink print of my 17 1/4" on the wall. He then reminded me of the 25 lb laker and 27 lb pike on his wall...and the fish hanging in Westwinds...and the 24lb laker he released...and 70+ years of Upper Red Lake fish....ya I should have gone with shut my mouth instead. laugh

His smile says it all! 8 or 80, there is just something about a URL slab that puts a smile on a persons face. smile

This crappie bite could be pretty widespread. Beacon's has seen a few crappies coming in. Buddy Hillman says that one guy usually gets 4 every time he comes up but that guy fishes ONLY for crappies. When I stopped at Westwinds bait shop tonight they had seen about 12 crappies this past weekend. Bring on March! laugh

What I am seeing is the crappies are only under houses all by themselves. Any amount of noise or clusters of fisherman the crappies are a no show. Years ago it was safety in numbers for the crappies but these now much smaller schools do not take well to crowds or noise...like normal crappies do.