• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Seasonal temps. Last couple weeks of January and first couple weeks of February are typically the coldest of the winter up here. Once it hits -45, that'll be cold. wink

When I used to travel to Houston and Memphis for work, they were puzzled as to why I was always so anxious to travel back to MN in the middle of winter each week. I guess you just don't realize what you miss (like cold weather) until it's gone!

Give me the -45! ... for a few days grin

Ironic==right now in Ketchikan Alaska its 41--lol!!

Hey Steve Foss...hope your doing well----we look forward to getting back to the cabin!!

My boss was up from Houston on Monday and Tuesday. On Sunday he said he had the top off of his Jeep Wrangler and was in shorts and flip flops. He said Monday was the coldest he has ever been and it was "only -12 in Minneapolis. Imagine if he was up in god's country how he would have felt. He doesn't understand how we can live up here.

Several years ago I was out on a golfing trip on the East coast and received some strange looks from the desk clerk when I asked him if the pool was open. It was sixty out and in April. Later I overheard him telling another desk clerk "That is that guy from Minnesota."

I spent a year in Alaska it was interesting to say the least. If its cold in the upper midwest it's warm in alaska. Spent 5 years in western wyoming in the Pinedale, Big Piney Area. I saw -67 in 1999 out there. Big Piney probally deserves the ice box of the nation status. If anyone ever fished fremont lake outta Pinedale theres 50 pound pig lakers in there. Biggest one i caught was 32 pounds. Big Mackinaw lol

Embarrass topped out at -42 this AM, ...colder than Alaska. LOL

There were a few reports of -44 to -48 also from the Embarrass area!

Cliff

• 2 weeks later...

It was a bit chilly this morning. But sitting at the dining room table with the south sun it was warm earlier now it's cloudy. Maybe go take a nap and wake up like the first part of May.

Twas a lil bitski witches tatty burr sat morning on da lake at -35. Da tipup line waa outta control frozen. My fingers and toes where a lil numbski ta boot. Thank god i had sum PBR and plinkski to help keep da holes from freezing to much don't ya know. Burr!!!