• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Thank You Waskish Minnow Station

shaky legs2

I hope the Petrowske clan is feeling better. The only one healthy seems to be Fred and he was under the weather last week. grin We had real good fishing until the front moved through. In addition to the nice walleyes the perch were impressive with some fat 11" pigs.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaky legs2

• bturck

• kelly-p

• Random guy

smile Good to hear you had a safe trip back. In your earlier posts, it sounded like you guys had a fantastic bite going. Did you spend all your time in the 5.3 range or did you and the boys do some scouting. Your 5.3 report has had my mind really going, considering many options for my next trip up in a couple of weeks. Sounds like Kelly and Jonny are under the weather, same thing happened to me after I left them, I am just now heading back to the normal range.

Later Shaky,

Kip

Kip, we were in 8 ft. Of water. I filed a report under URL Reports. We are taking a week off but will be back on the 24th. Hope to see you then.

Shaky, sounds good, mama and I will be heading back up in that time frame. It was interesting following your reports, but them they quit, I thought ohoh, shakys new toy hit the hole. Sometimes those holes seem to grab everything.

later,

kip

Quote:
my fat fingers on a small keypad

I still want to know what what the flurfy you mentioned in your reports was/is? grin

This flu is some nasty stuff. Patsy still has no memory from the time she went to bed feeling ill one night until she was in the emergency room when I took her in the following night. I'm sure glad we got our flu shots a couple months ago. crazy

These perch are interesting kipper. On Monday 2 people are renting a house just to catch perch. That will be a first for me.

On Thursday I sent traveler and his crew to an area to see how many perch they could catch there. He must have misunderstood me seeing as they came back with just a few perch but their limits of walleyes. laugh

Hey shaky, glad to see you made the trip safely, thanks for the updates while you were there, much appreciated. Hope the Petroskes are starting to feel better. That is not good stuff for sure. Brother in law was in hospital 8 days with it. Home now doing better, but weak. Will let you know how it went when we get back Thursday, sure hope we can get into a flurfy or two....... smile

Shaky,

Front and center! Your "Thing" that you hooked 2 years ago is back. Two very good fishermen in one house had the same thing happen to them yesterday. The line is very tight and can not be moved up from the bottom. Runs that are short and very slow. Line breaks or hook pulls out before it can be raised off the bottom.

Maybe we will have to name it a flurfy . grin

These people had an interesting day. Tangle with the "Thing", get their walleyes and ended up keeping 28 perch that were from 10 to 11 inches.

Kelly you coined a new name for the thing. I was getting tired of the "Stirgon" moniker anyway. grin How close was it to where we were 2 yrs. ago?

Any tips on what they are getting the perch on? Heading up on Wednesday, what time do you guys open?

They are getting the perch on regular walleye setups. The minnow sales part of things was sold to Hillman's years ago. We just kept the name going in honer of my Father and my Grandfather who started the Minnow Station almost 80 years ago now. I think Hillman's opens at 6:00AM.

Shaky, A long ways from where you were two years ago but did you know that fish can swim?

Any tips on what they are getting the perch on? Heading up on Wednesday, what time do you guys open?

When we were there they were hitting anything. You might as well pick up some waxies/larva, crappie minnows for sure, but they were even biting on fatheads. Everyone has their favorite perch lure, but by far my favorite is a the smallest flyer with a Hali dropper chain instead of the treble. Pound that thing down a few times and slowly lift up.

Thanks guys! First time coming up and I am looking forward to it! A few walleyes and some bonus perch would be great compared to the dead sea I have been on the last 2 times out down here.

Hope everyone is doing better.

It was a miraculous day of healing today! I finally came to this morning and actually remembered going out on the lake. I even took a few breaths of air that did not feel like my last. I have not been very sick with the flu since before I was in the service, guessing that had something to do with all the vaccines they juice you up with; but this one knocked me on my arse. Some have tried to knock me down for years with little luck, but one little microorganism took me to the point of dementia and debilitation in 12 hours. It was not a fun ride; I feel for the young and elderly that are trying to push through this flu bug.

But what really was the miracle was not only did the Petrowske clan rise back from the dead so did Fordenstien! Parts arrived putting fire back in the belly of the beast. Between the new health and the return of our mechanical ox, we will own the horizon. Shaky, be prepared to travel to the edge in search of the Flurfy.

I just remember this phone has voice recognition software my daughter I taught me about it but I had forgotten now there's not gonna be any more mistakes on your I hope. grin

Speech to text...not good for you. Friday morning it will be loud and clear. By Friday night- "The Flurfy fangled fup my yuggi stick and took my robber"

Speech to text...not good for you. Friday morning it will be loud and clear. By Friday night- "The Flurfy fangled fup my yuggi stick and took my robber"

wOULD YOU CALL THAT "URL-BONICS"?

Jonny,Kelly.Patsy

Thanks for the great trip and giving Andy and Me your cold. As usual another great trip is in the books, my brother in-law, Bob (from Boise, Id) had a blast. I have bragged up this trip to him and he could not believe it, especially when Kelly told me on the phone to meet him at the 5 mile mark,Bob said we are going out 5 MILES, I said yes, and them we will further from there. Thanks Jonny for setting up Bob and Andy,

I guess my new nick name is NO FISH Bill. We did however, eat 2 limits while there and each brought a limit home. Tell everyone hello, See you on the next trip

Sooo, flurfy huh......My wife, Amy, and and our white husky,Timber, were in the WMS house a quick shout from Shaky and Doc. Amy tied into that URL Thing fish as well, Kelly may remember this? Head shake, not able to move that thing for long time, then snap line broke.

We were up new years, not far from where we were sitting 2 yrs ago and neither of us tangled with said flurfy! So Shaky, you had an experience with "it" this year?

I may be up this weekend and try again......

That Waskish strain of the flu is something else. Doc started coming down with it on the way back on Saturday. He calls me on Tuesday and I am feeling fine. I'm thinking, boy those flu shots really work. Later on Tuesday I got the shakes so bad it reminded me of the time I tried to do the Watusi and the Twist with Patti W. in 8th grade after a football game. I couldn't look at a computer screen, tv, light, anything. I have been wolfing down the dayquil and nightquil and between major sweats and shakes am starting to feel better. I know now what Kelly mean't by Patsy being "out of it" of course Doc always says I am a half-click off. grin This was a good week to stay home but we'll be up there next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Kelly, Jonny and Fred for putting us on our first crappies in 4 years. While the Walleye bite was excellent until the front moved through on Friday the high lite was seeing those big googlie eyes coming up the hole. It's been a long time since I kissed an URL crappie. You got something going with that marked ground you showed me on your gps. It will be intriguing as the season progresses.

Quote:
You got something going with that marked ground you showed me on your gps. It will be intriguing as the season progresses.

When the snow is almost all melted off the ice I know where I'll be. Between these crappies showing up and those bigger perch milling around it could be fun.

Doc's boys wanted me to post a thank you to the Waskish Minnow Station. They had a great trip. They ate a bunch of fish, caught a couple of big crappies and several slot fish that went back in and brought their limit for 5 guys home. They said they cleaned the house up and even took their garbage with them (Doc taught them right) because they didn't want Patsy to put them on the blacklist. grin

Quote:
They ate a bunch of fish, caught a couple of big crappies and several slot fish that went back in and brought their limit for 5 guys home.

That house was one of the few bright spots today. Other then that the wheels seem to have come off. The past 24 hours has been a struggle. I don't think that they quit biting,,,,I think they moved again. I did find some places today that they DID NOT move to. frowngrin