• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Packers VS Vikings: Playoff Game

zepman

If only the Vikings had a good QB, a couple good receivers, and some linebackers, they would be a good team. Something to work on for next year.

Vikes do have the best fans in the league tho....hands down.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• gregg52

• RiverFish

• Scott K

I agree he should have played, I was shocked he didn't play. It kind of tells you how much faith they have in his ability if you ask me. .

Have seen a pic of his arm or heard from that some one that has?

Easy to say sitting on your couch, arm chair QBing, or coaching!

No surprise by the outcome of the game. The Vikings on the A game had a chance, maybe a slim one, but a chance. With out the starting QB, as questionable as he is, Webb playing the game, we had zero chance.

In the end, the Vikings will come ahead with a lesson of not keeping Webb for a backup. I mean really, a couple minutes left of the 1st half, and Webb had -2 yards total passing? I mean really!

This season the Vikings put a competitive team on the field, and ended up with a better record then most have figured. Some players got schooled, some actually got some good experience. Hopefully the coaching staff can see who is worth building on for the future, and who shouldnt be on the roster tomorrow.

Anyhow, a respectable season, but a terrible finish to it.

Congratulations to the Packers, they were the better team, and they had the better chance to go deeper into the playoffs. I can see them beating the 49ers, then losing to the Falcons.

The sad part is all week there was rumbling of Ponder possibly not playing. The coaching staff totally left the bag on the bus. With his athletic talent they should have installed 10-15 plays no one had seen from the vikings. Easily could have come up with some read option with Webb and AP. IE: SF, SEA,WAS

MN needs a new QB coach to work with who ever they have as QB. The current has done nothing to speak of highly.

Its real easy to blame a head coach, O cord, GM. But many fail to realize the importance of the position coaches. MN needs a new QB coach plain and simple.

MN needs a new QB coach to work with who ever they have as QB. The current has done nothing to speak of highly.

Its real easy to blame a head coach, O cord, GM. But many fail to realize the importance of the position coaches. MN needs a new QB coach plain and simple.

They have needed those very same things since Wilf bought the team and that is the problem. The same issues the team had in 2006 they still have today-

Marginal secondary

OL blocking issues

Marginal QB play

Less than marginal WR group

Marginal at best LB group.

The offense looks pretty much the same today as it did back in 2006. Take 2009 out of the equation and every year is like groundhog day waking up and seeing the same things.

I give the Packers all the credit in the world even though I like no team less. They put together a franchise that can make a run in the playoffs pretty much every year and they have built depth through the draft even though they pick towards the end of the rounds more often than not. They have an aggressive offense that goes after the defense and always looks to strike and score points and they have a defense that gets after the opponents rather than sitting back on their heels and trying to keep things in front of them.

I am not hoping that the Packers win any more games this year and in fact I hope they lose, but I do give them props for what they have done with the franchise and for the success it has brought them at our expense.

Humble pie tastes aweful. In this league, you never know who is going to fall and who is going dominate game to game much less season to season. Its why its such a great sport, so much rides on every game. Some die hard Packer fans in my fam, happy for them, but still hope the pack loses soon. Guaranteed I'll be glued to my TV Saturday. Going to be a toss up for me because I can't stand harbaugh, but at least he is 1,000's of miles away instead of right next door. I don't run into as many gloating niners fans. I was 0 for 4 on the teams I wanted to win this weekend. Good thing I am not much for making bets.

One thing that bothered me about last nights game was lack of a pass rush. I know everyone says you can't blitz the pack but obviously the front 4 were not getting it done so what did we have to lose. It was frustrating watching the coaches stick to a game plan that was not working. It seems to be the vikes M.O.

How long to you let Spielman make bad decisions before he is let go?

I dunno, this is the first year he's had control and it was a pretty good draft.

Any word on Harrison Smith?

I thought I saw him back in the game later on. ?? I was very nervous about that until they announced that he walked off on his own.

Easy to say sitting on your couch, arm chair QBing, or coaching1

734742_432277536842720_1474785825_n.png

Easy to say sitting on your couch, arm chair QBing, or coaching1

734742_432277536842720_1474785825_n.png

It's just a flesh wound.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

How can you not be happy with the Vikes making the playoffs, a team famed prognosticator lmitout said wouldn't get over 3 wins this season laugh

I like the O-line and our secondary is leaps and bounds over where it was.

Our D-line is a little off but not real bad, could use some shoring up along with another good LB. Give us a real Franchise QB and some WRs and we are on our way.

RF,

Childress was in charge of all the player aquisitions when he was here...he's the reason why the Vikes ended up where they did last year. He went "all-out" to win a Super Bowl in 09-10 including being irresponsible to the franchises future in terms of the draft. Childress and Spielman are both on record with this.

Think what you will about Spielman...but to call this years draft just good/average is laughable. I mean, that's just really funny!

RF,

Childress was in charge of all the player aquisitions when he was here...he's the reason why the Vikes ended up where they did last year. He went "all-out" to win a Super Bowl in 09-10 including being irresponsible to the franchises future in terms of the draft. Childress and Spielman are both on record with this.

Think what you will about Spielman...but to call this years draft just good/average is laughable. I mean, that's just really funny!

We will see if Spielman turns out. If he was in charge of player personal and let Childress make all the decisions, that in its self tells you about Spielman.

"Laughable" is how Spielman went about patching up the WR core this past off season. Not one of the Vikings WR would even be a #3 on the rest of the 31 NFL teams, that is "laughable".

Bring in another QB next year to compete with Ponder and the law firm. Move Webb over to compete for wide receiver like we brought him in to do in the first place. As big as he is he would maybe do better than the receivers we have now.

We will see if Spielman turns out. If he was in charge of player personal and let Childress make all the decisions, that in its self tells you about Spielman.

"Laughable" is how Spielman went about patching up the WR core this past off season. Not one of the Vikings WR would even be a #3 on the rest of the 31 NFL teams, that is "laughable".

Childress got the final call on all the decision making, and we all know it was pretty much always his way. Nothing Spielman could do about that, not like you can over ride the coach that makes all the final decisions. So I don't know what that tells us about Spielman lol.

Well besides Kalil who wasn't exactly the obvious choice since we needed so many different things. We got Harrison Smith who is a solid safety, Wright who is the best WR on the team right now, I know that isn't saying much but hey we drafted him and he has promise. Can't forget about The Blair Walsh project who had one of the best kicker seasons ever. Makes us forget about that one guy that couldn't kick it to the 10 yard line or make 50 yard field goals.

I'd say at the very least that should earn another crack at it lol

...and don't forget a Coach.

Vikes coaching situation is settled, thanks to the improbable run at the end of the yr both Les and Ponder will be here for a while.

If they would have lost a couple and not made the playoffs there was a chance that both would be gone....not anymore.

Ladies and gentlemen we got 'em. Enjoy the season.

Not one of the Vikings WR would even be a #3 on the rest of the 31 NFL teams, that is "laughable".

Harvin would.

And heck, who could forget John Carlson, the greatest FA acquisition in team history. grin

I wish they would have at least brought in Kelly Carlson if they just wanted a Minnesota native......

The Vikes did draft a wide reciever (Childs). If I remember correctly he was having a great training camp until he blew a knee. He was probably a poor draft choice as he had knee problems in the past, but it was an attempt at getting a better wide reciever. They also signed Jenkins, who had his shot at being good. Our recievers looked much better with ponder the last 4 games of the season.

I do think it will get more attention this year. Childs, Harvin, and Jenkins would not have been great, but they would have been better than what we ended the season with. I do believe they tried to address the situation.