• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I felt like I needed something warm to think about and look forward to.

The 13th Annual Trout Day will be held May 4th at Forestville Mystery Cave State Park.

One of a kind event. I possess a permit from the DNR allowing anyone registered at the event can fish in the park on designated trout waters with out a fishing license and trout stamp.

More info regarding the days agenda to come.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

I love seeing this announcement.. It always lets me know that trout fishing in Minnesota is right around the corner laugh ... I'm getting sick of fishing Iowa

• 1 month later...

Agenda will be posted once we get closer to May 4th.

Things to expect this year.

1. DNR led intro to streams and stream trout fishing.

2. Fly fishing seminar

3. Spin fishing seminar

4. Story Teller, Humorist, Author and the man I call the "Bird Man", Al Batt will be return to share stories and his passion of the great out of doors( shouldn't miss him)

5. DNR led electro fishing(annual favorite shoud not miss this either) on the water! THANK YOU STEVE KLOTZ!!

6. FREE Weiner Roast. I promise they won't be burnt this year....:)

7. FREE coffee rolls and juice during welcome and registration(AM)

8. Fishing!!

9. Door prizes to a few lucky winners

10. Time out of doors with others! It's possible I miss something so there will be one or two updates before May 4th.

Looking forward to seeing a few new faces this year!

Keep the rods bendin!!!

Jim W

• 1 month later...

Still looking for additional Volunteers. Anyone who has experience either spin or fly fishing streams for any specie of fish, I can use you.

Also, in addition to other door prizes I will be giving away a full day guided trip from Croixsippi Guide Service to a lucky REGISTERED Trout Day attendee.

Keep in mind, if registered at Trout Day, you can fish th streams in the Park with out a license and witih out a Trout Stamp. Of course all other rules apply.

If any questions about donating, the event or would like to help, you can reach me at 261-9816.

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

• 2 weeks later...

Update and Info.

Update: Director from the National Trout Center Heath Shersen will be in attendance to share a bit about the center. I received a call from this years DNR Trout Stamp winning artist Matt Zillgitt. He plans to stop by as well as donate a print of his winning work.

Pretty cool if you ask me!

Registration, coffee and rolls is 8:30AM day of at the Park's Pavilion(location of Trout Day) Out of respect for all who attend, please

please be prompt. The day day will begin at 9:00AM.

You can come earlier to register. Registration for door prizes will end prior to lunch and will be for those in attendance only.

For mor information and directions. Check out the DNR's web page-Events calendar May 4th.

Look forward to seeing a new face or two this year!! Ofcourse a few old ones as well!

Keep the rods bendin'!!

Jim W

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Just a friendly reminder for families etc attending to dress appropriately for Saturday. Forecast has improved some for the day, but it might be cool and wet.

The Park's pavillion isn't large enough for the entire group to "camp out" in all day.

Besides, it's about being in the out of doors right?

There will be hot coffe rolls and juice during registraion and hot dogs for lunch.

Please remember a prompt 9:00AM start.

Looking forward to a day off!

Jim W