• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why not give Webb a shot?

leech~~

From my earlier post^^^^^.

If they aren't going to use him in "special" situations it is time to say good bye to Joe Webb. He is not good enough at QB to warrant a position on the squad anymore.

Wasn't Webb the cure all for the Tavaris Jackson episode?

So I assume Webb is our starting QB for next season now? Seems to seamlessly blend in with our offense and pure Vikings material. I would say he just needs more money and the spark will ignite itself. whistle

Seriously, you could tell he was playing like your typcal Vikings backup QB who has absolutely little to zero connection with the rest of the offensive after a season long run of no regulation game play. I also really do feel Ponder knew we had a great chance of getting creamed this go around with Green Bay (public perception has major pull with the Vikings) and by tearing up a little and not playing and letting the Webb Master take this dive his chances become much better at getting one more last chance at a season as a starting QB in the NFL before he heads off to the Canadian league.

Heck, he was not even suited up for the game and give me a break, bruised/bruising sore elbow? The pictures I had seen looked almost self inflicted or him and the Mrs. are not getting along? Didn't Farve play with a broken/fractured hand his first season with us? It's the playoffs man???!!! You man up, suit up, pop a couple extra pain relievers and make that playoff run when your not a golden armed, fat contract QB. If your arm falls off or you don't get up and are carried off the field then toss in your backup. If our coaching was behind this and was stupid enough with thinking that sidelining Ponder to preserve an elbow that may not even see another NFL regulation game ever again in some covert off-da-wall, fifth dimensional idea that it would give us a better chance if our playoff showing just happens to turn into a Super Bowl Run, well then all I have to say is someone seriously needs to be slapped.

Less got us to the playoffs though and he is not fired yet so we just settle for our 2013 playoff debut and pat ourselves on the back while thanking our lucky stars we won more than 3 games this season in the long process of what we have come to know as the Minnesota Vikings. grin

Dang it, I posted in this earlier. I am ashamed blush

Just wanted to "bump" this one for ya 4WE. grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

quote=leech~~Why not whats it going to hurt now? Maybe he will break out right when we need some help! whistle

Never mind!

Oh thanks for bring this one back up countyline! frown

When I was watching the game last weekend I thought about starting this post and hoped it was foregotten about! whistlelaugh

Not quite the shot I was thinking in giving Joe Webb, if not Webb Rodgers wouldn't have let up on the gas. They knew we couldn't threaten their trip to SF.

I'd like to see Webb play just so I don't have to hear about him any more. Let him go out there and get kicked around a little so we can be done with it.

Webb is not the QB of the future, playing him does nothing more than shut up some of the fan base.

I'm having flashbacks to Todd Bouman.