• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Why not give Webb a shot?

leech~~

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Why not whats it going to hurt now? Maybe he will break out right when we need some help! whistle

I'd like to see Webb play just so I don't have to hear about him any more. Let him go out there and get kicked around a little so we can be done with it.

Webb is not the QB of the future, playing him does nothing more than shut up some of the fan base.

I'm having flashbacks to Todd Bouman.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

I'd like to see Webb play just so I don't have to hear about him any more. Let him go out there and get kicked around a little so we can be done with it.

Webb is not the QB of the future, playing him does nothing more than shut up some of the fan base.

Um, remember this? Anything could happen! whistle

McMahon's heroics stuff of legend

After leaving hospital bed, Punky QB throws 3 TDs in comeback victory over Vikings

All of the below commentary excludes Percy. he is legit.

Lets see, they drafted the freakishly athletic Webb to be a WR and we are a team in desperate need of a WR, so the logical move is to keep him rotting on the bench. Nice. Leslie Frazier should be fired for that all by itself.

Meanwhile the Patriots, who have way better WRs than us are out signing WRs to see if there is anything left in the tank with them. But hey, lets just ride Simpson and Jenkins!

Our WR situation is pathetic. A Bears castoff? Really a BEARS CASTOFF? I dont know why they arent taking more heat on this issue. Put it in this perspective, relatively speaking, the Twins starting picthing is better than our WRs.

Now that ya got me all worked up, the Bears gave up a 3rd this year and a 3rd next for Brandon Marshall. We wasted 2 4th rounders on WRs and have basically nothing to show for it (unless you think Jarius Wright is going to develop into Percy...I dont). Someone deserves to lose their job over our WR situation.

Because he might play well and ruin their place in the draft.

He did that last year. See: Washington vs. Minnesota, 2011.

the rest of this season really is more auditioning and gaining experience for ponder. seems to make sense that this team isn't going to be around come playoff time so makes sense to give him the rest of the year to see if there is any chance he can be the guy they want back there or not.

downside of that is it wasn't too long ago that tjunk did well enough during the end of a season to where people thought he could be the guy as well so definitely pros and cons here but think they do have to give the guy a fair shake. are his numbers any worse than that hall of famer's last year here a couple years ago who the team was paying huge money for? qb is only one of several problems with this team right now.

the rest of this season really is more auditioning and gaining experience for ponder. seems to make sense that this team isn't going to be around come playoff time so makes sense to give him the rest of the year to see if there is any chance he can be the guy they want back there or not.

This.

Playing Webb isn't going to get this team anywhere.

Half-time of the Green Bay game is when Webb should have came in...it was a winnable game and Ponder was, well, being Ponder.

Now, you have to stick with Ponder IMO...it's sink or swim time for him. DO NOT LET HIM OFF EASY by benching him if he struggles. I'd rather lose a few games down the stretch and absolutely know 100% that I've seen all I need to about our QB.

Ponder IS their guy... PERIOD! Even if we would have had the #2 pick in the draft last season, they had their QB and would have take Kalil, regardless (so, quit with the "what if's and the Washington game last year... it wouldn't have mattered!).

Zep is right on! Last week was their chance to pull Ponder and give Webb a shot. Now, if we have another game similiar to last week, I say you still give Ponder the hook and I think they will.

Either way, the Vikes need to roll with Ponder the rest of the way, good or bad and in the end, make their call on the future.

My prediction... Ponder will do just enough to give the coaches and fan base a little hope for the future and we roll with him next year. If that is the case, we need to bring in a solid back-up and give Ponder a short leash.

Well if Ponder IS their man at QB, then they need to spend some serious money and bring in some quality talent at WR. Got to assume Percy will be gone by next season, so that means there isn't one WR on the roster that is worth the price of thread to sew their name on their jersey. Vikings have proven that their ability to draft WR's sucks, so they will have to go out and spend the money on wide outs.

Webb was drafted to play reciever.......put him out there and lets see what he gots.

I agree! Never understood why the Vikes have this super-freak athelete in Webb just sitting on the bench. He should be on the field for a handfull of snaps a game and givin an opportunity at multiple positions.

Quote:
I'd like to see Webb play just so I don't have to hear about him any more

UMMMM..... we already have and he's UN-arguably proven to everbody who's watching that he's not even remotley close to being a NFL QB.

That being said, I sure wish we would have put him in last week in order to salvage the season and a playoff possibility.

He could have made a run or two that could have changed the game.

And this season does prove, that although very rare when it comes to Viking football, that LMIT was right about winning those meaningless games at the end of last year was insane and it ended up costing us a Premier ALL Pro QB for the next 10 years....

No doubt it cost us big time. More than we may realize when you factor in star players that may leave the team because of their inability to do anything right.

It would be great to hear the team the guys talking about the QB situation, what % would stay with CP and who thinks you know what Joe Webb can ball a bit too. Should be an interesting game Sunday Cutler to Marshall a gillion times.

I agree! Never understood why the Vikes have this super-freak athelete in Webb just sitting on the bench. He should be on the field for a handfull of snaps a game and givin an opportunity at multiple positions.

[/quote

+1. I just don't understand why they can't get him on the field...especially in red-zone/goal-line situations.

• 1 month later...

Why not whats it going to hurt now? Maybe he will break out right when we need some help! whistle

Never mind!

Santa was a little late but you did get your wish!

He did that last year. See: Washington vs. Minnesota, 2011.

Looks like he improved it this year.