• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake of the Woods Fishing Reports by Cyrus Resort

Roger bostic bay

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Roger bostic bay

• WalleyeWoman@low

• basssmasher*

• shakojdub1425

Looking forward to meeting you

Somone posted that you were going to allow half tons out today? Just verifying that this was true. My guess is that you havent made this call yet because you havent posted anything about it yet. lmk thanks. I have a silverado half ton with a smaller wheel house. Just curious respecting your call

Ice is 14" - 18". Our ice road is now open to vehicles 1/2 ton or smaller. NO LARGE TRUCKS or SUBURBAN type vehicles yet. We are allowing smaller vehicles to pull wheel houses out. Please stay on the staked road. This is the ice we are checking daily to ensure your safety. If you have any questions give us a call.

Mid-morning bite has been good at 28'-30' of water. Walleyes are suspending about 4' off the bottom. So bring a flasher or we have some for rent. There are many small saugers being caught. You will have to weed through the little guys to find some keepers.

Jigging a glow red, white, or pink with a frozen shiner is still doing good. Dead stick with a live chub is working well too.

Happy fishing!

Ice is 14" - 18". Our ice road is now open to vehicles 1/2 ton or smaller. NO LARGE TRUCKS or SUBURBAN type vehicles yet. We are allowing smaller vehicles to pull wheel houses out. Please stay on the staked road. This is the ice we are checking daily to ensure your safety. If you have any questions give us a call.

Mid-morning bite has been good at 28'-30' of water. Walleyes are suspending about 4' off the bottom. So bring a flasher or we have some for rent. There are many small saugers being caught. You will have to weed through the little guys to find some keepers.

Jigging a glow red, white, or pink with a frozen shiner is still doing good. Dead stick with a live chub is working well too.

Happy fishing!

Thats awsome. I have a chevy 1500 and a smaller wheel house would that be fine? Cant wait to get up there tomorow night. We have two house coming up but my buddy drives a f250 so i will pull his house out with my truck if you are alowing 1500's. Thanks for the info GREAT NEWS!!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

How are the resorts getting their customers out to their rentel houses? Aren't tracked rigs as heavy as full size trucks? confused

They use Samurais and other lightweight 4x4 vehicles and pull lightweight covered wagon type trailers to haul fishers out. When the ice gets thicker and the snow deeper the tracked rigs come out. Westside operators are rolling with their Bombers already.

Guys I have a favor to ask of everyone who uses Cyrus resorts ice road PLEASN SLOW DOWM

N 20 MPH OR LESS WE JUST OPENED THE DAMM ROAD AND WE GOT PEOPLE RACEING OUT THERE YOU WILL CAUSE THE ROAD TO BE CLOSED IF ITS STARTS BREAKING UP THANK YOU

There it is. The first report of people who think it's a country road, not a sheet of ice! SLOW DOWN for your safety and MINE!

Man I dont get that, its apparent that the fish will not be there if they dont get there quick an put lines down. Some how it should be regulated, dont have the answer but it should be any one caught over 10 mph gets banned from the road. Pi ss me off

The walleye 500!! I had to pull over twice coming off the ice today for people winning the pole for tommorow's race. I say anyone going over 20mph we should be able to banish them to the twin cities.

We didn't make it up there today, was really looking forwards to meeting everyone at Cyrus. Comming up from the citys, left at 7:30am made it to Grand Rapids and are Tranny started to go out on our 2004 Chev.(pullying a wheel house) Talk to a great place in GP and he said we most likely could make it back to the citys. Made it back to the citys by 3:00pm, Trucks in the shop.Still trying to make it up there in the next day or two.

I just don't understand the people that would even think of driving fast on the lake, do they not understand what can happen???

We were just hopeing to park the wheel house on solid ground and drive out with a portable when we came up . If you don't know what to do, just ask.

We came up last year with a wheel house for the first time and asked alot of question.

Just ask, if you don't know.

Guys I have a favor to ask of everyone who uses Cyrus resorts ice road PLEASN SLOW DOWM

N 20 MPH OR LESS WE JUST OPENED THE DAMM ROAD AND WE GOT PEOPLE RACEING OUT THERE YOU WILL CAUSE THE ROAD TO BE CLOSED IF ITS STARTS BREAKING UP THANK YOU

Totally agree. See you guys around noon tomorrow. Thanks

I just love getting tailgated and passed by some azz clown who thinks he needs to run 60 mph on the lake.

Where do they come from?

I doubt it will ever change.

Some how it should be regulated.

Let's vote, seems to work!

A: quit making a road, but lose money doing so

B: stoplights with a CVS on the corner

C: mine field road w/ leftover spear hole ice

I remember 7-8 years back when I was down on Red out of hillmans and some moroon went flying by us doing about 60 mph heading out. Well I caught up to him about 3 miles out and they were backwards in the snow banks with all 4 wheels about 18" off of the ice. We just waved and laughed. Got what you had coming. The turtle wins the race in the end.

I remember 7-8 years back when I was down on Red out of hillmans and some moroon went flying by us doing about 60 mph heading out. Well I caught up to him about 3 miles out and they were backwards in the snow banks with all 4 wheels about 18" off of the ice. We just waved and laughed. Got what you had coming. The turtle wins the race in the end.

9-10" of ice 1/4 mile west of the end of Cyrus road. Out in some broken up ice areas.

That is why the resorts are not letting full size trucks yet. 9" of ice is not enough for a Duramax crew cab packed full of stuff.

I wonder if there is a sensible way to reduce speed on the ice roads. Probably not, but maybe if us who are actually abiding by the rules would call the party responsible for maintaining the road with a plate and vehicle description if they could ban that guy from the road for the week/season?

Roger, I know we didn't get a chance to meet, but I just wanted to say Thanks! You have a real nice road out there! We caught plenty of fish!!! I hear you about the crazy people out there. People were driving around like they were nuts! Thanks again Roger!