• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports and Ice Updates by Ryan Peterson's Guiding

You fish for tullibie R.P.? Wow you cover alot of ground. GOOD LUCK !!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ryan p

• MJ1657

• Radar Randy

• thatoneguy

Hey Ryan P, have you tried crappie on any of the small lakes around your area? Been pullin in alot of 8-10 inchers this year but lookin for that big guy still. Take care!

• 8 months later...

There is any where from 6 to 7 inches of ice right now on the south corner of the lake we did get 6 inches of snow out of this already and with the snow they are forecasting things are going to change. I think it's going to flood, melt a lot of the snow and refreeze or this would be a good time they get the forecast wrong!

ya, there's snow coming Ryan, but the cold temps behind it helps. Hopfully no more snow for a while. SEE YA SOON BUDDY!!!!

Things are not as bad as some would have thought, not a lot of slush where I went yesterday and was able to get out with the atv and plow set up on it, checked ice out to 25 fow on the south east corner and did not find nothing less then 8 inches of ice. Today my boy and I are going to go get some fish for the frying pan, will have report up later.

I was on the third river this weekend. If you have chains on the atv you can go anywhere. Guys that didn't have them struggled a bit. We found a little bit of slush but not near what I expected.

Are any of the Resorts plowing roads, yet? I take it that the ice is still to thin for cars or trucks. But, you think maybe all is a matter of a couple weeks?

How is the ice doing on Cutfoot Sioux?

Hopefully the snow won't make travel too impossible on the smaller lakes in the area,...

Yes chains on atv is doable, I even made it out with my plow blade still on. I have not found much slush either it's looking a lot better then what I had thought. No roads being plowed yet onto the main lake that I have heard of, did hear Dixon was doing some plowing on third river sure one of the guys up spearing will have a better answer on that.

Yes chains on atv is doable, I even made it out with my plow blade still on. I have not found much slush either it's looking a lot better then what I had thought. No roads being plowed yet onto the main lake that I have heard of, did hear Dixon was doing some plowing on third river sure one of the guys up spearing will have a better answer on that.

Yes Dixons was plowing some roads. As far as pulling things with chained up atv's I pulled two sleds hooked together behind mine and never got stuck.

10 to 11 inches of ice on the south end, no slush. Not a lot of people have been fishing yet the cold has kept most from wanting to get out, sure that will change this weekend 10 degrees tomorrow is going to fell good, the few that have been out are getting a few fish.

Thanks for the updates, Ryan. I'm hoping ice on the west side is comparable to the south side. I'll find out on Saturday when I go out (or maybe Friday if I decide to play hooky!)

Your welcome, I did hear 7 to 8 inches at the mouth of the river with a bit of slush there but once you get out towards river bar it's about the same ice as reports coming in from around the lake.

MJ how much ice and how did you guys do spearing?

Sorry Ryan I missed the part about you asking how we did. We did fairly well. Seen quite a few pike and walleyes. Did not see any real big pike but they were running fairly consistently.

I was able to catch a couple real nice perch as well.

On the south end of Winnie we are finding 11 to 12 inches of ice, there is some white ice on top though and a active pressure ridge out in 35 fow running east to west which we are are going to find away around tomorrow, only slush is over by the mouth of the river which is still not bad, atv and wheelers are ok, did bring one small wheel house out with atv no problem. Folks out fishing have been getting a few walleyes in the evening and some decent perch and pike during the day any where from 8 to 20 fow so moving right now is key.

Things are shaping up good on the south end of Lake Winnie slow but making ice. Currently we are finding nothing less then 12 inches of ice where we have checked and have a short road plowed out to the break line. We will be doing some checking the next couple days to open up some more fishing spots and as soon as I get the green light from Pat at Denny's Resort for half tons I will pass it on. Fishing has been ok lots of pike, perch are biting but you have to do some shorting, and seeing a few walleyes in the evening. Good luck and Merry Christmas!

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Any word on what is happening since xmas. Me and the boys will be up in the area this weekend. Looking to see if we need to be bringing the sleds and four wheelers or what.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Family has a ice house on the lake. Basically, good luck. They were just out and said they still constantly get stuck and the ice is not so good. I think they said the fishing was ok, but it was too much nonsence due to no plowed roads where they are.

They said if they can get the house off, they are moving it to upper red.

Things are changing quickly and for the better as of now on the south end, we have a small road out of Denny"s Resort and have checked ice and stacked another road that we plan on opening by Friday, for those looking to get out with wheel houses or trucks and portables it should not be a problem but please check in at the resort so we can get you in the right direction. Good luck and be safe Ryan

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan,

Thanks for taking care of our needs this past weekend. The kids and the old lady had a great time. I will be back up in two weeks..

Ice house was awesome, and you cant beat your service. I would recommend that if anyone needs a rental on Winni, Check out Ryan's! full-45442-42201-photo.jpg

Same boat as meat run....Coming up this weekend to do some perch fishing. Been a few years since ive been on Winni, looking forward to it. We will have sleds to venture around but any general info to get us started would be appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Rob always fun having you and glad the family enjoyed it. Perch and walleye bite is going in 18 to 24 fow Denny's Resort has a good road system to Big and Little Island and Muskie Bar stop in the lodge and we will get you in the right direction. I also have one sleeper house open for this weekend for any one interested. Good luck Ryan.

• 2 weeks later...

Fishing over the last week has been decent, best depths have been 20 to 27 fow still doing some sorting to for decent perch but most groups are reporting enough decent ones to keep them busy. Walleyes have been biting the last hour or two before dark jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head have been working best although dead sticks have been catching a few also. Denny's Resort has a great road system to get to new fishing grounds and with the weather looking up we are looking forward to the last 10 days of the walleye and pike season. Good Luck Ryan

Ryan-

First of all, thanks for the updates!!! It'll be my first Winnie trip the weekend of the 7th of March and I am excited to experience it all. I will be staying at Denny's that weekend but I haven't called Pat yet on what the bite is for Tullies. Do you have any reports on the bite and do you have any insight on what it'll be like in the next weeks here or so leading up to mid-march?

Thanks,

Vuddah