• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did Jared Allen play against Chicago......

BuckSutherland

Against Green Bay...

Allen: 4 tackles, 2 assists, 1.5 sacks, and one INT called back due to a bogus penalty.

Robison: 1 tackle, 1 assist.

Allen clearly had the better game, and salary aside, he's having a better year than Robison. JA is the least of this D's worries...

JA better be careful, he has an internet stalker.

Since you didn't elaborate, I have to assume that is directed at me since I made the last post? If so, being considered "a stalker" after making two comments (in a four page span) in which I defend a player who still plays at a high level seems...trivial? stupid? immaterial? immature? I stated his game facts; I never said I keep a baggie of his mullet hair under my bed. crazy

If making two posts on a given subject makes me an internet stalker, I am afraid the entire HSO community is filled with all sorts of undesirable types. grin

Careful...if you reply to defend yourself, that will be YOUR second post, and you know what that means!

@ Bear and @ Musky. My bad and my apologies. Shooting from the hip and still choking on the sour taste of my purple kool-aid. I guess I should add trivial, stupid, immaterial, and immature to my own resume. smile

Against Green Bay...

Allen: 4 tackles, 2 assists, 1.5 sacks, and one INT called back due to a bogus penalty.

Robison: 1 tackle, 1 assist.

Allen clearly had the better game, and salary aside, he's having a better year than Robison. JA is the least of this D's worries...

First of all Allen only got that INT cause Robison had pressure on Rodgers. Second, Robison had a sack called back on an offside penalty. Robison drew two holding penalties against the RT. And how fricken blind are you! The guy is making 14 million dollars a year. We can cut his fat worthless salary and get three or four other players in here to make a difference. Robisons stats are almost the same. He barely makes a million. From a pure business standpoint he is 10 times better of a deal.

And musky there is no offense that has to sit and account for him. Chicago will block him with the tackle this weekend and thats it. He wont get a sack unless cutler holds the ball for 5 seconds or better. Marshall Newhouse sucks and he owned allen last week.

ANd I am not saying Robison is anthing to brag about. But for what he gets paid compared to what the other silly-me gets paid and produces he is much better.

First of all Allen only got that INT cause Robison had pressure on Rodgers. Second, Robison had a sack called back on an offside penalty. Robison drew two holding penalties against the RT. And how fricken blind are you! The guy is making 14 million dollars a year. We can cut his fat worthless salary and get three or four other players in here to make a difference. Robisons stats are almost the same. He barely makes a million. From a pure business standpoint he is 10 times better of a deal.

So many holes in your reasoning...where to begin? To say someone only made a play because someone else made a play first shows you have very little understanding of the game. It's a TEAM sport. How many INTs would happen if the QB had zero pressure? Should those be erased? Or just credited to the person who intercepted only if the QB threw a clean pick with no pressure? If Robison got a sack, might it be because Rodgers was running away from Allen? Should those count? For who? And "from a pure business standpoint" how many jerseys sales do you think Allen is responsible for? Now how about Robison? The Vikings more than make their money off of Allen regardless of his salary, and he gets that ridiculous salary because he has had ridiculous success in the past. By the time he was Robison's age he was a household name...how many people outside of MN have even heard of Robison? Granted, Allen is having a down year, but he is injured right now and still outplaying a healthy Robison. This is NOT a knock on Robison; personally I like his style of play and think he is still getting better, but he is certainly no Jared Allen and their respective paychecks are reflective of that.

Musky I guess you must be blinded by a man crush so here are the stats from this year.

Allen

32 Tackles

7 Sacks

37 yards lost on sacks

3 passes defensed

1 forced fumble

0 fumble recovery

Robison

30 Tackles

5.5 sacks

34 yards lost on sacks

7 passes defensed

1 forced fumble

1 fumble recovery

Robison is one Sack away from being tied with your fly catcher. And I never really hear Robison braggin up his talent, talking trash or hear commentator talk about how great he is. But yet his stats are virtually identical to ALLen and he comes at about 10% of the price.

$11,619,850(Allen's salary this year) $14,280,612 (Allens salrary next yr)

$1,726,000 (Robisons 2012 salary) $864,000(2013)

Like it or not Allen will not be playing here next year. I have been waiting a long time to see him go. The guy is all about himself and is a cancer to the team. He is a Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson type that will never get a championship cause they played a big role.

The queens will do much better to give guys like Harvin that money and actually rebuild through the draft and not go out and sign dinks like Allen, Farve, and Herschel Walker, and until they figure it out they will never reach the superbowl.

allen will be a viking next year, and he is hardly a randy moss. if the vikings were smart tho they would be searching for the next jarred allen.

If the Vikes are smart they find a way to hang on to Griffin. This guy is a monster.

He is pretty good. I think he would play more if he wasnt so dumb. Seems to me that he gets a penalty about every third play that he is in the game. I think he is better than Robison and Allen. I have never really watched him against the run. But he sure is fast. Now if they could get him to stay onside, quit the personal fouls and beating the cops we might have something.

Oh, and if you heard any of his comments after the game yesterday we better hope the coaches get him to lay off the blow at halftime or he will be blowing himself up.

Obviously he isn't too bad against the run cause they use him at DT a lot. They need to get another run stopper on the inside, ship Robison back to Texas and put Griffin on the end in his spot. Allen and Griffin would be a fantastic set of ends. Speed and power coming from both sides. Our pass rush would increase ten fold.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Robison picked a fine time to get hurt...Griffen should have his spot locked up. I was hoping he'd go from the start of the season. I lost all respect for Robison when he kicked Lang(GB) in the nads last year. That, and he just isn't that good other than knocking a few passes down.

Allen still has a couple good years left in him. I'd like to see him retire in purple right after he gets his ring in '15.