• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Did Jared Allen play against Chicago......

BuckSutherland

cause I could swear I didnt see that loser make one single meaningful play the entire game. Aldon Smith only turned in 5.5 sacks against Webb, and Allen couldnt even touch Cutler. I think he is a lock for NFL Poser of the Year.

Should have traded the D-bag last year when he was worth more than a gatorade cooler, some ankle tape or a kicking tee.

Smith is more of a power/speed type rusher...Allen is a speed rusher...very little power. The Vikes need a steady push up the middle to help Allen out, if it's not there...either is he.

Most OT's can handle one of the two...Smith brings both.

I haven't seen him the whole year. It really does stink when you go from 22 sacks in a year to on course to maybe hit double digits. Problem is they trade him after last year and the Vikes get ripped to shreds. It's all about hindsight.

I do believe Allen is the most overrated player we have.

Oh he played all right... He had a beautiful cheap shot on a bear that wasnt looking in which he left his feet and went directly after the players head. Hes gonna be fined bigtime for it and maybe even suspended... That was about the only time i saw him do anything

Some call it a cheap shot while others call it football. Maybe he will pay attention next time and not get tore a new one. The guys own teammate on the o-line said it was a clean play. Better watch out when the hillbilly is on the loose.

agree it was a cheap shot. maybe not so much the blind side part but moreso the going for the head.

thing I don't get with Allen is that he can dominate during home games but when on the road he just disappears. don't get that part.

They should trade him and his salary while they still can. Could maybe get a late second rounder for him. Everson Griffen is better than him. Time to clean house on all these old players.

And that shot was cheap as hell. Probably frustrated he couldnt do anything the entire game.

$21,000 fine for the dirty drunk hillbilly.

Not nearly enough.

21k??

How did they come up with that number?

I do agree, he knows better, I was thinking a 50k set back when I seen it happen, but then I thought, he hasnt had any fines this year, so maybe a 25k for it.

On the other Hand, Suh, needs to sit a few games, and be about 100k lighter. He needs to learn his lesson.

I believe Suh was fined $30K. I would have gladly skipped the fine and just shown him the door. He has no integrity at all and has no business being in the NFL. I would NOT, however, have fined Allen. He is not a dirty player and constantly advocates for player safety. I think the hit, while questionable in regards to the rules, was a good football hit. I get why they are moving the game in a safer direction, but how far is too far? You can bank this: it will be flag football before it's all said and done.

He left his feet and went for the head of a defenseless player. I hope it happens to him. The ony hit the worthless loser made the entire game and it WAS cheap and dirty. It was the same as the hit Warren Sapp made on Chad Cliffton. Allen is the first one to cry when it comes to the cut blocks etc. The dink seems to think there is a double standard.

And lets see how many sacks he gets against the Packers cause there line is as bad or worse than the bears.

I don't think you can classify a guy running after the ball carrier as defenseless. Those kind of hits happen all the time...especially on special teams.

He did leave his feet though (launched) and that is a clear violation and I have no problem with the fine.

Remember how he freaked out when the guy went low on him? Trade the tool now. Let him imitate molesting farm animals for someone else. #overrated.

grin Seriously though Allen is a good guy and a darn good player. Lets not forget he almost broke the sack record last year, maybe technically did.

I don't think you can classify a guy running after the ball carrier as defenseless. Those kind of hits happen all the time...especially on special teams.

He did leave his feet though (launched) and that is a clear violation and I have no problem with the fine.

Exactly. That guy was plenty fair game to be blocked, it was not way behind the play it was in front of the play. The only thing wrong with the hit was he left his feet and went to the guys head. He should have been fined and was.

If you are going to complain about Jared Allen not showing up, you might want to look on the other end of the line first. Robison does NOTHING! When he is on the field its like the Vikings are playing with 3 lineman and a cheerleader.

Musky I guess you must be blinded by a man crush so here are the stats from this year.

Allen

32 Tackles

7 Sacks

37 yards lost on sacks

3 passes defensed

1 forced fumble

0 fumble recovery

Robison

30 Tackles

5.5 sacks

34 yards lost on sacks

7 passes defensed

1 forced fumble

1 fumble recovery

Robison is one Sack away from being tied with your fly catcher. And I never really hear Robison braggin up his talent, talking trash or hear commentator talk about how great he is. But yet his stats are virtually identical to ALLen and he comes at about 10% of the price.

$11,619,850(Allen's salary this year) $14,280,612 (Allens salrary next yr)

$1,726,000 (Robisons 2012 salary) $864,000(2013)

Like it or not Allen will not be playing here next year. I have been waiting a long time to see him go. The guy is all about himself and is a cancer to the team. He is a Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson type that will never get a championship cause they played a big role.

The queens will do much better to give guys like Harvin that money and actually rebuild through the draft and not go out and sign dinks like Allen, Farve, and Herschel Walker, and until they figure it out they will never reach the superbowl.

Not sure, but does #69 get double teamed sometimes thus allowing others (Robison) to pack their stat sheet?

Torn labrum might be a reason for his lack of sacks but then he should be benched and get the surgery. Play EG.

Not sure, but does #69 get double teamed sometimes thus allowing others (Robison) to pack their stat sheet?

Do you actually watch the games? He is rarely double-teamed. No reason to. And he can easily be moved out of the way in the run game with a TE.

Watched the first two drives. Allen hasnt been double ONCE! Robison is clearly showing that he is a way better bargin.

Yeah.....Robison is the reason that everytime there was pressure on Rodgers, he went to the right side, where Robison should have had contain. I don't remember Rodgers sliding to his left (or Allens side) when the pressure came.

Maybe Allen doesn't get double teamed every play, but you can certaily bet he gets a chip block from the TE or RB before they go out in their pass pattern. Sometimes I don't think the other team even blocks Robison

U r completely blind. Marshall Newhouse owned Allen all by himself today. There were no "chips, bumps or double teams." There was no reason to ever help him and off course Rodgers rolls to the right. 80% of the time a right handed QB will roll to the right when flushed out of the pocket. It is easier to throw.

And Robison got more pressure on Rodgers than Allen did today. I recall two penalty filled play where Robison got there. Where was Allen? Once again our D-line made a terrible patch-work O-line look like the all pro team. And our fearless Defensive leader, high paid player and goat ropping motor mouth DE was nowhere to be found. Yet he was one of the first one commenting after the game. He cant say squat about anyone else's performance. He flat out sucks!

WOW........calm down!!!!

Next thing youre going to tell me Bucksutherland, is that John Sullivan is the best Center in the NFL and should have a bronze statue of himself erected outside the new stadium.

Be honest......Allen causes other teams to account for him in their passing offense. Robison doesn't. Robison doesn't play the run worth a hoot, which Allen isn't great at either, but at least he will be in the mix. They need to put someone else over the like #97! He would be a vast improvment over #96.