• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will anyone even challenge Alabama this year (YES, Texas AM)....or next ? (Yes, Auburn & Oklahoma)

Big Dave2

Putting the FAN in FANATIC.

Putting the "natic" in Lunatic is more like it. That is sad and pathetic!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• LMITOUT

• JBMasterAngler

• Rick

Yeah, an undefeated Ohio State should place behind a 1 loss Auburn team. Yeahhh, another opinion.

The real travesty is that a team like Florida St, Ohio or Auburn may be knocked out of a National Championship based on idiotic opinions. Not based on teams proving it against each other in a play-off system like it should be.

Start playing conference schedules early so they can go into a play-off format early. I would rather watch that and see something real proven on the field of play rather than the minds of USA Today opinion makers.

Wouldn't you?

So put N. Illinois at the top since they're 12-0? Is that what you are eluding too? Shouldn't we look at other things like strength of schedule and just be honest with ourselves on which conference is the best year in and year out, the SEC. You put Ohio State and Florida State higher than a team that has knocked off pretty high seeded opponents while Ohio State has only played and beaten 2 top 25 schools (yup Northwestern WAS ranked back then) and Florida State has played and beaten 3 top 25, 2 of which are no longer ranked.

Id say Auburn is clearly better than those 2 teams, you're right its my opinion but boy do I have a whole lot more to back my opinion up than you do. You're way of thinking would put N. Illinois at #3 just because they haven't lost a game. Save it Rick. Yeahhhh another opinion, HA!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

So put N. Illinois at the top since they're 12-0? Is that what you are eluding too? Shouldn't we look at other things like strength of schedule. Save it Rick. Yeahhhh another opinion, HA!

I would have a playoff system rather than your OPINION Based ranking system.

By juice's logic, strength of schedule makes his "top Ranked Team" the National Champion. Now that IS laughable. Could you imagine that formula being used in the NFL? HA laugh

That's why they play the games juice.

or you could be a sheep and follow the talking heads "Ranking System" and be told who your National Champion candidates are. HA smile

Get a real college play-off. Anything else is for sheep laugh

Creep, you beat me to it.

I agree with Juice on this, big time.

Like I stated before, just because Ohio State is undefeated does not mean they should be in the championship game. I want the 2 best teams to play, period. I don't believe Ohio state is one of them.

Juice, post something else so I can disagree with you again(mostly joking).

Yeah, a play off system will solve everything right? yeah right up until theres more than 4 teams with similar records against similar opponents and the discussion will start up again.

Backpedaling a little bit from your Ohio State comment are you? I don't understand what you are getting at with the whole "that's why they play the games" comment. That is why they play the games bud, who beats who is what its all about and if you look at Auburns schedule compared to the teams "above" them they are MUCH more attractive as a #1. Where am I coming from, the sensible opinion side that's where. Youd rather simply look at the win and loss column for your answers, pretty simple minded if you ask me. Ohio States signature wins came against Wisc and Northwestern-oooooo, wow.

How do the rankings influence me when I am simply looking at scheduling and wins vs quality opponents?????? Answer that big boy.

That's why they play the games juice.

or you could be a sheep and follow the talking heads "Ranking System" and be told who your National Champion candidates are. HA smile

LOL,

Juice & his buddies want to be spoon fed the National Rankings (picked by opinion) so they can get their fake National Champion.

Missouri Lost to South Carolina who lost to Tennessee who is 5-7

Auburn Lost to LSU

LSU lost to:

Ol Miss who is 3-5,

Georgia who has 4 losses &

Alabama

Alabama lost to Auburn

Ohio State Lost to no one. Not saying or ever said they are the best but they certainly haven’t lost, yet, to losers like Alabama, Auburn and Missouri have.

Just wondering juice, why they even need to play the games if the National Championship is decided by popular opinion or other mathematical equations. Why not just give it to the #1 ranked team or maybe the #2 ranked team. But how can the #2 ranked team be the best if we've already let the rankings experts determine that they are only #2 for us smile . Kind of defeats your rankings logic. (I know that goes over your head juice) laugh

Now, what if they let every major conference put up their best team and have a playoff. It could be done if they gave up the early season meaningless games.

by your logic:

Bahhhh, let's be sheep instead and let the rankings experts determine the National Championship game for them and us....ehhhh juice smile

Rick, The only problem is this was not a debate about whether or not college football should have a playoff system. That is a different debate. We do not have a college playoff system yet this year and there is nothing we can do about it so the debate was regarding which 2 teams should end up playing for the national championship.

There is no True National Championship Big Dave.

It's no more than an Opinion Bowl for the sheep who like the National Ranking Championship. wink

I thought this thread was about anyone challenging Alabama last year or this year and of course they have been both years laugh

I'm just funning with all of you and especially juice (at least you get it Big Dave smile )....but it is true smile

There is no True National Championship Big Dave.

It's no more than an Opinion Bowl for the sheep who like the National Ranking Championship. wink

I thought this thread was about anyone challenging Alabama last year or this year and of course they have been both years laugh

I'm just funning with all of you and especially juice (at least you get it Big Dave smile )....but it is true smile

My Alabama posts are meant mainly to rile up Gopher fans like you, Rick. grin

That makes as much sense as Dr Juicebox's belief that the Vikings' #1 issue is the MLB position.

crazy

If you think hard you might figure it out.......well maybe not.

The Bison are as much of a National Champion as Hutchinson is the state champion.

Might be the smartest thing I've heard from a 'bama fan.

That said....

war dam eagle!

laugh

Yeah, a play off system will solve everything right? yeah right up until theres more than 4 teams with similar records against similar opponents and the discussion will start up again.

Backpedaling a little bit from your Ohio State comment are you? I don't understand what you are getting at with the whole "that's why they play the games" comment. That is why they play the games bud, who beats who is what its all about and if you look at Auburns schedule compared to the teams "above" them they are MUCH more attractive as a #1. Where am I coming from, the sensible opinion side that's where. Youd rather simply look at the win and loss column for your answers, pretty simple minded if you ask me. Ohio States signature wins came against Wisc and Northwestern-oooooo, wow.

How do the rankings influence me when I am simply looking at scheduling and wins vs quality opponents?????? Answer that big boy.

Heard on the radio or TV this morning that if Ohio St. and Auburn squared off that Ohio St. would be 2.5-3 point favorites in the game.

Apparently someone thinks the Buckeyes have a pretty decent squad this year.

Not that I'm bummed that bama lost but think they would still be favored over any other team if they met on a neutral field.

I firmly believe Michigan State will beat Ohio State also, which will put Alabama in the sugar bowl. I like an Ohio State/Clemson matchup in the orange bowl better anyway. Alabama/UCF on the other hand eek

War Eagle, baby!!! I knew MSU would come through. Goes to show you what happens when you finally plan a good team. This was OSU's first real test and they laid an egg. Don't know if Auburn will win the NC but I will be cheering like heck for my Auburn Tigers. It might be a race to 70 pts or whoever gets the ball last.

WAR EAGLE, BABY!!!

BCS projection has Alabama playing Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. Gonna be a typical Oklahoma BCS outing…lose by 30 points! It's still possible Oregon could be selected, but not likely.

Michigan State/Stanford should be a really good rose bowl.

Looks like the score of the BCS Championship game might look more like a basketball score.

I was pulling for pulling for Auburn in the SEC championship game mainly becasue I want to see FSU lose to someone but not OSU and no having Alabama in there again would be great too...

yeah ok I have some issues with some schools... so what...

Anyway I was pulling for Auburn until late in the game when Auburn FINALLY stopped Mizz and there was some def back yapping his mouth and bouncing around like they were tough... Buddy, they just dropped 42 pts on your defense, nice job on that play, now high five your teammates on Offense and be happy you play with a dominate running game. The Mizz impressed me but were physically overmatched in the run game. So I will still root for Auburn in the BCS game it will be more rooting against FSU than for Auburn.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow.

Hey Big Dave if you want to see what a real QB looks like take a look at the game this Knight is dropping on your team. If he keeps this up for a couple years he has some serious potential.

Way better than little Johnny Foozball.

BTW.

AJ McNothing looked just like Christian Flounder when he gets a little pressure on him. Too bad his receivers had so much YAC cause McNothing's stats werent even close to the game he played.

Enjoy your meal Big Dave.

full-40170-40996-crow.jpg