• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Will anyone even challenge Alabama this year (YES, Texas AM)....or next ? (Yes, Auburn & Oklahoma)

Big Dave2

Alabama is losing less than they lost last year. I can't think of anyone they are losing that can't be replaced by the Nick Saben recruiting machine.

Alabama will be in national championship contention all season again next year, you can take that to the bank.

They won't get past Johnny Football and will lose to him in the title game if they get back there.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• LMITOUT

• JBMasterAngler

• Rick

Alabama is losing less than they lost last year. I can't think of anyone they are losing that can't be replaced by the Nick Saben recruiting machine.

Alabama will be in national championship contention all season again next year, you can take that to the bank.

Yup, old Nick is out there recruiting the best student athletes as we speak.

I'd be willing to put a wager on that. I think Bama plays A&M early in the season next year. I guarantee they will be ready for Johnny football next time!

You also have to worry about Manziel falling victim to his own stupidity whistle I think it's only a matter of time before he gets busted for something.

Just seen that several of alabama's underclassman are leaving early, including lacy.

Originally Posted By: Big Dave2

I'd be willing to put a wager on that. I think Bama plays A&M early in the season next year. I guarantee they will be ready for Johnny football next time!

So something fun like when Johnny Football wins you take down your Jesse avatar and sport a Johnny Football pic for a month and if Bama wins I would throw up a crimson tide avatar of your choice for a month?

I would be game.

Winner picks avatar of choice? Sounds like a great bet to me. I'm going to start picking out your avatar now!

Just seen that several of alabama's underclassman are leaving early, including lacy.

not a problem. Did you notice the lack of drop off when Ingram left and then again when Richardson left? those were 2 much better backs than Lacy.

Lacy will be the better pro though....

I don't think so. Richardson will be a very good back in the NFL if he ever has any talent around him.

• 4 weeks later...

The "tide" seems to be changing though in the SEC...

Watch out for Ole Miss, A & M and the rest of the pack right on their heels.

Interested to hear a former coach yesterday talking about recruiting and rating these highschool players. He said he had a hard time competing against the SEC schools because he couldn't afford it, there was just too much money being thrown at these kids and their families. Having gone through the process albeit many years ago, I agree with lou Holtz as he said rating highschool players was basically a joke. You should rate them after their sophmore year to see what kind of a player you have. Most of these kids have never been criticized, coached well, had to deal with college life or started as a scout team member or backup.

The good ones overcome these obstacles to get drafted, the othe ones, despite their hype, simply fade away.

Criminals-

Quote:

(CNN) -- Just a month after reveling in the glory of a national championship, four members of the University of Alabama football team have been arrested after a pair of campus robberies.

The accused are all freshmen players for the Crimson Tide, which beat Notre Dame in a resounding 42-14 victory last month to clinch the BCS National Championship. It was the Crimson Tide's third national title in the past four years.

Three of the players -- defensive lineman Dennis "D.J." Pettway, linebacker Tyler Hayes and running back Brent Calloway -- appeared in 13 games last season.

The fourth, defensive back Eddie Williams, was a redshirt who did not play, The Crimson White campus newspaper reported.

According to police, Pettway, Hayes and Williams punched and kicked a student shortly after midnight Monday until he was unconscious, CNN affiliate WVTM reported.

The student's backpack with an Apple Macbook Pro was stolen, police said.

About an hour later, Williams allegedly beat up another student until he, too, lost consciousness and took his wallet, WTVM said.

Hayes and Pettway waited in a vehicle, police said.

Later that morning, Williams and Calloway used the second victim's debit card to buy snacks from a vending machine, police said.

The football program suspended all four players indefinitely.

"The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude," Alabama head football coach Nick Saban said. "This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."

Police charged Williams, Pettway and Hayes with robbery, a university spokeswoman said.

Williams was also charged with using a debit card fraudulently, as was Calloway, the spokeswoman said.

All four teammates were booked into Tuscaloosa County Jail and posted bond, WTVM said.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pa-Role Tide is correct.

Just another corrupt big-time program.

• 6 months later...

They won't get past Johnny Football and will lose to him in the title game if they get back there.

Quote:
I KNOW MANY OF YOU (LIKE ME) ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO FOOTBALL SEASON. WELL, HERE'S A LITTLE RECAP OF LAST YEAR.........

Coincidence? Just wondering...................

Alabama beat Arkansas,

and Arkansas fired their coach.

Alabama beat Tennessee,

and Tennessee fired their coach.

Alabama beat Auburn,

and Auburn fired their coach.

Then Alabama beat Notre Dame, and the Pope resigned.......

dam, I wish the White House had a team!

I think Alabama is gonna light up johnny football. LSU will most likely be their only threat, and that includes the national title game where they'll play either Oregon, Clemson, or Louisville.

it's pretty hard to want to cheer for johnny football much these days. wouldn't mind seeing the tide knock him down a few notches.

• 2 weeks later...

If you take away the 1st qtr of last year's game, Alabama outplayed and outscored A&M. I can't imagine the aggies will get that chance again. I'm thinking Alabama wins by at least 2 scores.

LMITOUT is just speaking in riddles like usual but I suspect he is talking about allegations that Alabama and some other SEC players received benefits.

I'm sure Johnny Football is plenty fired up for this game also. May boil down to who has the better hostess practice facility.

Alabama will roll. I hope they light up Johhny Football too. That cocky kid needs his bell rung. Even though I really dislike Bama...