• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Vikes vs Redskins

harvey lee

We looked good kicking field goals but that will likely not win the game. There are times I believe we get to conservative on 3rd downs knowing we can always get 3.

RG3 is now turning the game over to the Redskins and it looks like we will have loss number 2 today.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Dave2

• nofishfisherman

• zepman

• LMITOUT

Yep, it is getting ugly. That is too bad. Hard to win with just field goals. Ponder does not look sharp and receivers must not be getting open.

Did anyone else hear what Daniel Snyder yelled after RGIII's 76yd game clinching TD run?

"THANKS FOR THE DRAFT PICK, LESLIE!!!"

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Q.....Who fell back to earth faster than Felix Baumgartner?

A.....The Minnesota Vikings

So you must not be a Bronc's fan?

Monday night may drop them to what 2-4? smirk

That was ugly. The loss didn't surprise me as I picked the skins in my confidence point league, but the ugly nature I didn't expect.

The passive play calling was disappointing. They did nothing to even try and make a rookie QB uncomfortable.

Vikes had their chance to bury them in the 1st quarter and couldn't do it. Field goals on the road is an invitation for defeat.

Thought it was a good, entertaining game.

Only Lmit would know someone in the draft would be great before they played even one game.

I do not undersdtand why he is not employed by a team to make thier draft pics as smart as he believes he is.

Only Lmit would know someone in the draft would be great before they played even one game.

Um, I don't think I'm the only one...he was drafted #2 overall. smirk

Really looked like they went away from what worked the last 3 games until the 4th quarter. We made. RGIII look like an all star. The o'line and Ponder did not look good. I don't think his recievers were getting open or he was too scared to try and squeeze the ball in and risk an interception. Well, he had the interceptions, he might just as well try and throw those passes.

Over all it was a sloppy game by the vikes. Penalties, turn overs, dropped passes, giving up a 76 yard td in the 4th, overall not a good performance.

In the previous Vikes/Redskins thread I mentioned the Vikings always seem to have trouble with running QB's. Not sure why but they always make the Vikes look stupid, and that goes back for years so its not limited to these coaches or players. For that reason I figured today would be a challenge defensively. Once they Vikes starting the field goal kicking marathon I knew we could be in trouble.

Today I put things mostly on the coaches. They just didn't have these guys ready to play against the option.

Ponder looked like he took a step back today. It looked like the WR's couldn't get open down field at all. Once they started going to short slants and bubble screen they could move the ball but any attempt down field usually ended badly.

Overall I was impressed with RG3, I hadn't seen him play much until now. The only thing I worry about is the amount of punishment he'll take if he continues to run this much. The life span of a running back is pretty short in the NFL so I'm not sure why you'd want to put your QB into that position as often as they have thus far. He has the ability to be a more typical drop back passer and playing that style is going to extend his career significantly.

The Vikes just don't have any downfield threats...especially when Simpson is out. You could see Ponder looking to make some of those throws today but he just runs out of time in the pocket.

I don't get the Skins purposely running RGIII that much either...especially coming off a concussion. I get that he can and is very effective while running the option but for how long can he keep it up. To me, that's just irresposible play calling and not giving a damm about his future.

That pass/run/qb draw option absolutely killed. Seemed like the Skins ran a total of 3 plays. [/quote

Seemed like the Vikings defense didn't even consider or game plan him in the run game. It did kill us...the defense seemed lost once he started to run.

Linebackers and safeties couldn't control the middle once he started to run the option...game over.

That is a coaching error....

I would blame alot of the game plan on the coaching.

But with that said, we are a rebuilding team and this will happen.

I didnt watch the game, I spent my afternoon in the woods, so I dont really know the details. But like Tom said, they are rebuilding, and I dont think too many of us in here thought they would be a consistand winning club this year. They werent going from 3 wins to 15 wins this year, with the few additions they added in the offseason.

Sloppy play all around yesterday. Plain and simple, the Vikings did not look sharp or well prepared at all. I blame it on everyone from the coaches to the players. How does the defense run a jailbreak blitz and let RG3 run for a 76yd TD? Should have NEVER happened.

That being said....if someone would have told me that the Vikings would be 4-2 after week six, I wouldn't have believed it. Already surpassed last years win total and have look pretty good in doing so. So 4-2? You darn right I'll take it!!!

as long as we keep taking two or three steps forward and one stop backward, we will eventually get better. We are an improved team this year. Ponder had an awful game. I know he is holding on the ball too long when in pocket when I find myself yelling at him to throw it away during the game. I really can't tell if he is afraid to take some chances, or if the receivers just aren't open.

Regardless, he is still a work in progress, I thought his interceptions where horribly thrown passes. He played poorly.

I'm also not sure why they keep trying to pound AP up the middle and off tackle, it wasn't there all game, but they kept doing it, especially in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. I thought the tempo of the game was slow and boring for the vikes until half way through the 4th quarter when they realized they were behind.

Poor game planning on the defensive side of the ball. Everyone and their mother knew what the Skins were gonna do on offense. But yet when they came out running that option the Vikes were completely lost.

Ponder struggled, but they did still put up 26 pts with the 3 field goals to start the game. Seems like Ponder panics if his first read isn't open. The feet start shuffling and he just makes a hurried throw to the second option whether he is open or not.

Yeah they sure were streaky yesterday... Looked good, and then I would find myself standing in front of the TV scratching my head.. Boy I tell you what that RG3 is a gifted athlete. He impressed me yesterday.

I still think the Vikes played pretty good at times and I still see a good season ahead!

Purple Pride!

Anyone else notice in that last TD run from RG3 that Antoine Winfield completely gave up on the play. There was some great hustle in that pursuit.

Nice to see the Vikings lose, as a fan I think they needed it. They're not an elite team, and they needed to be reminded of that.

They have already exceeded my expectations for the year. I dont expect them to do much, other than improve. (I hope)

That's the NFL, did we really believe SF would get pumped or Houston waxed by the GB boys, I just hope by thanksgiving we're in the conversation still.

They have already exceeded my expectations for the year. I dont expect them to do much, other than improve. (I hope)

gringrin

I predicted 3-13, so i hear ya!

The Vikes have gone well beyond most sane predictions, so now I guess we need to listen to the bonafide purple drank consumers!

I love watching the Vikings play this season. They opened up the game with two tackles for loss against RG3's offense. The first quarter and part of the 4th were outstanding for Minnesota. AP still runs like a possessed man and I'm still happy with Ponder. He came out firing to everyone capable of catching passes, including Carlson and Gerhardt!

While the second and third quarters were bad, I like how the Vikings fought back. They didn't roll over like my team did last week against the Colts. They took a couple of good shots from the Redskins and kept fighting. Win or lose, that was a character game for the Vikings. They will reap benefits from this loss down the road.