• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Timberwolves 2012-2013

Scott M

Jerry Zgoda listed the guys they are bringing into camp. Nobody that will make the team anyway. JZ speculated about the Wolves making a run at Raja Bell to add a good wing defender and veteran; Bell will not be invited to the Jazz camp after clashing with Ty Corbin. Bell is under contract for another year and 3.5 million.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• Scott M

• schmitty3

• mrklean

• 3 weeks later...

Excited for the season IF eveyone stays healthy

Well the injury bug hits us early with Kevin Love out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand suffered in today's practice!!! Good grief Charlie Brown!!!!!

This really sucks, having him and Rubio both out for at least the first month of the season could very well kill our playoff chances. The West is so deep we can't really afford to have a bad month. Hopefully D-Will and Brandon Roy can step up and keep us in the mix until those two come back.

Details come out saying Love hurt his hand doing knuckle push ups at his house... hmmmm

First of all who does push ups at their house, and how do you fracture your hand doing them.

it was a pretty good game last night to watch. But we need someone to step it up in the 4th quarter and be the man. So far, no one has been stepping into that role. If we can get someone to be the go to 4th quarter guy, I dont think we will drop off much without Love.

We are going to be much improved on defense, even more so with Love out. If they can hang in there, and stay around .500 ball for the first 20 games until Love and Rubio get back, they should make the rest of the season interesting. Being the Wolves have a easy schedule the first quarter of the season, going .500 without Love and Rubio, shouldnt be out of the question.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice comeback win away against a potential 2-4 seed in the East. Great contributions from JJ, Cunningham, Schved, Roy, Pek, and AK47. A few in the media scoffed at the Wolves playing .500 ball until Love and Rubio are back. It's still too early to say, but it appears possible 3 games in.

I wasnt able to watch the game last night, but I checked out all of the highlights, nice comeback. Hopefully they can carry that drive into their next games. The way I look at it is, Love is out another 15 games or so. If we can win 7 of them, we are .500. Then another 10 games and Ricky will be back. But, then comes the tough part of the schedule as well. At least the season isnt a wash, like it was at the end of last year. We still have hope!

Barea got a warning from the league office about flopping. Should have put money on him when the season started. Him and Manu, Rudy Fernandez...there's a lot of good floppers. Funny so many are international.

I'm interested to see when they start calling out some of the stars for flopping. It's funny how Sloan and Barea get called out when in LA Blake Griffin and Chris Paul flop on a nightly basis.

the thing I don't get about the JJ warning is that on the play he was pushed with a forearm by Freddette right to his face? You have to react to those things otherwise the refs may not call those falls....yes JJ does do his fair share of flopping but then again he is one of the smallest guys in the league.

Yep, jumped on em early, let off a little, then finished strong. It's probably a blessing the schedule early is light. It'll be hard to add in Love and Rubio, work them into game shape, and have to win on the fly.

Well we are back out looking for some more players to fill our roster. Budinger needs knee surgery, JJ out for awhile yet, Love out until mid December, Rubio, out until around Christmas, Roy has been limited in practices, and is a question mark. This just sucks!

Pek sprained his ankle tonight, but the Wolves keep finding a way. A win in Dallas. Against all odds they keep it up...Adelman had to do this when Ming and McGrady were hurt all the time. Can't wait for Love and Rubio to get back...

Hopefully Pek isnt out very long. The team looked lost out there without Pek in the lineup. Luckily the defense found a way to slow down Dallas's scoring, to hold us into the game.

I think we're going to have to put Crunch and the towel boy in the rotation before long... Wow! They keep finding a way though. That's system basketball versus individual efforts basketball. The bottom line is, even with our rash of injuries we are still finding a way to win against very good teams. And we are still flying under the radar. This could be a fun year!

It is nice seeing 4-5 players in double figures almost every game. But it would be nice as well, if we had a healthy crew. If we can stay close to .500 ball through December, I think we have a good chance going pretty deep in the playoffs.

What is keeping us afloat now is the coaching. If a player fails to play team ball, or plays wildly (see Williams) he gets a reduced role, even in times of need, such as players injured, and fouled out, like last night.

Talk about being snake bit injury wise..... on a side note after watching Adrian Peterson come back as good as ever in a relatively short time after a major knee injury, hopefully Rubio can be as good or better himself.

Go Wolves~

Quote:
Chase Budinger (left knee) will miss three months after having surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear, a league source told Adrian Wojnarowski.

The reported timetable will take Budinger into at least early March. Hold on to him at your own risk, but the gamble doesn't seem worth it. If Brandon Roy (knee) and J.J. Barea (foot) can stay healthy, they should benefit. Rookie Alexey Shved also stands to garner attention given the Roy and Barea's injury woes.

Without Adelman this team would be 1-6. I agree with the other poster about system basketball. Go Wolves. Shved is advancing nicely. Hope Pek is back real soon.

Good TEAM ball and it's only going to get better once we get players back. There's 9 healthy guys now.

Jurassic Pek! Get well soon!

Early season adversity can make or break your season. So far despite all of the injuries the players are finding ways to mesh together and every single one has stepped up their game in one way or another. With the number of regulars that have been out and will be out for a bit longer, the Wolves have the chance to use this to their advantage to really continue to gel and find ways to win. But overall, their record to date is all about defense and that has to continue for them to hold-off other teams until all of the guys start to come back. We know from last season what can happen when injuries start to pile up at the end of the season so for all you Wolves fans out there, start knocking on wood!

I know it's early to say for sure will happen but if Shved's minutes keep rising due to all of these injuries and he keeps up his stats you should start to see his name thrown out nationally for 1st team all-rookie. It'll be tough for him to surpass the already crowned "Davis" as ROTY, but so far he is certainly proving his worth in this league and to the team. I can imagine him and Rubio side-by-side for years to come in the back-court. I remember Adelman saying in camp that Shved probably wouldn't play very much this year but in retrospect, what would our record be now without him? Certainly not 5-2.